Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Lord Zedd's Character Change (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7678)

Chaos Ranger 01/02/17 11:29 PM

Lord Zedd's Character Change

When Lord Zedd was first introduced he was a bad ass. But over time that slowly changed into Zedd slowly becoming has corny as Rita. By the second half of Season 2 , Zedd has married Rita and fully regressed to a comedy villain. It was a real shame. Since Zedd could have been an awesome villain if they kept his " Mutiny" persona. In seasoon 3 he got even more funny and was never serious again.

KimandTommy 01/02/17 11:29 PM

Re: Lord Zedd's Character Change

I liked it when they made Zedd more funny. He was still a powerful villain anyway.

Space Hero 01/03/17 12:11 AM

I do wish they kept the darker personality he started with.

Rita's Pita 01/03/17 12:12 AM

I loved it when Zedd and Rita got married. I also loved it when Zedd became more funny. Especially during season 3.

MMPR Forever 01/03/17 03:05 PM

Zedd was a classic villain. I have no problems at all with him. He is the best along with Rita. Its a close tie.

Calamity Kimberly 01/03/17 04:04 PM

I like how his character evovled. He was very funny and interestinf. But at the same time was a big threat to the Rangers.

Kimberly Cares 01/04/17 12:17 PM

He had to change to not piss off the sensors.

Space Hero 01/04/17 12:19 PM

Its a shame that they changed him so much. He could have been Power Rangers's Darth Vader. Its not like they didn't have darker villains later on.

Diabolico Rising 01/04/17 12:21 PM

He should have been presented like Dialibolico was. This is the perfect tone for a PR villain..At least they figured that out by Lightspeed.

MMPR Supreme 01/05/17 12:13 PM

I like Lord Zedd just the way he was. He really stoled the show in Season 3. It was a mistake to replace him in Zeo.

Zeo Power 01/05/17 12:14 PM

I think Zeo needed fresh villains. Zedd and Rita were around too long. We already knew the Rangers could beat them.

Lightspeed Zeo 01/05/17 05:02 PM

I wish the Machines could have stayed as long. Gasket should have been the main villain of Turbo.

Sailor Moon Ranger 01/05/17 10:28 PM

I have no problem with Zedd being funy. He was just the right max of menace and comedy. He is the best villain the show has ever had.

Pink Alien Ranger 01/06/17 11:41 PM

I think the love potion made Zedd more soft. His personality changed dramatically once Rita came on board. He was mainly serious before that.

Decepticon 01/07/17 08:35 PM

It was a shame they watered him down. His performance in "Mutiny" was amazing. And if he kept that tone it would have made him the best villain ever. People overrate Zedd because of this.

Eye Guy 01/08/17 06:38 PM

I think the love potion did change his personality a lot. He was still Zedd but he became more lighthearted.

True Blue 01/09/17 04:33 PM

I don't.think they liked the idea of him being to scary. A lot of villai back then were more comical.

Powermaster 01/09/17 04:51 PM

Zedd was still more threatening then. By Zeo he was just in a rut with having being beat by Tommy and later displaced by the Machines. Only to be removed from power for some unknown reason before Turbo.

No Green Spandex 01/09/17 06:28 PM

Of course the great and Powerful White Ranger had to defeat him one and one. There was no salavaging him after this. Tommy already killed Goldar's credibility but at least he was never the big bad.

Forever Pink 01/09/17 09:59 PM

He was actually still pretty bad ass when he wanted to be. Kind of like Lothor in Ninja Storm. They are similar type of villains. Of course Zedd is first and has a more scary costume.

Crazy Ranger 01/09/17 10:07 PM

It was definitely the love potion. Which seeped into his life force when Rita put it in his sleep machine. Which is why Finisher's antidote didn't work. But the original potion also made his personality more comical.

Jen's Revenge 01/09/17 10:44 PM

I really don't feel like Zedd is as bad ass as people remember. The comedy started right after "Mutiny". Long before Rita returned. It just progressed with Rita and became much more pronounced in season 3. Which killed any idea Zedd was a dark and serious villain. I don't think they really intended him to be. Just darker than season 1 Rita herself.