Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   PR News 31/01/08 Power Rangers 2009 may be live action afterall. (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2613)

Poweranimals 01/31/08 04:16 PM

PR News 31/01/08 Power Rangers 2009 may be live action afterall.

I promised I'd post it here first so here goes. I recently heard from a reliable source (mind you, this isn't the normal person I talk to, but he's been right so far), there's a very good chance that there will be another live-action series in 2009.

DarkRanger99 03/07/08 09:27 PM

Little vague, I might add. Is that all you have for us?

PrimoPiccolo 03/08/08 04:24 AM

That's all he posted, that's all he's got.

And really, if PR is going to be on the air next year, we already know it's just gonna be a Go-onger translation.

Poweranimals 03/12/08 06:40 PM

My source says PR 2009 is a go. He also mentioned they're not too fond of the talking Zords, but not sure if they can get around it.

DarkBlaze 03/12/08 09:52 PM

Really?! You're not pulling anything on us are you PA?

Poweranimals 03/12/08 11:22 PM

Really! Still no title nailed down yet. But hopefully I should know once they figure it out.

Mystic Diamond 03/13/08 12:46 AM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the great news.

red timeforce ranger 03/13/08 08:29 PM

i wait see that talking zords and i hope diseny change base from bus to high tech base and diseny keep bomper

PrimoPiccolo 03/15/08 02:56 AM

*still wishing against hope for animated series over this*

DarkRanger99 03/16/08 02:19 PM

Bomper should be shot, but the season will be great any way, Bomper or not. Go-onger is the first Sentai I've been following, and it just makes me more pumped for 2009, but I'll still enjoy Jungle Fury though, only more with the knowledge of it not being the last live- action season, or last season period. But if you ever get a hold of that rumored 10 minute MMPR animated pilot, could you post it, PA? I would still like to see it any way.

red timeforce ranger 03/16/08 10:15 PM

or they bring back robot owl for pr 2009

DonDonP1 03/17/08 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poweranimals (Post 30664)
My source says PR 2009 is a go. He also mentioned they're not too fond of the talking Zords, but not sure if they can get around it.

Awesome!

Sakura3 03/20/08 08:04 AM

I've seen every episode dating back to Space Patrol Delta and I'm looking forward to my fifth straight series in a row. I have the all new jungle Fury so I'll get to check out the new adaption of Attack Ranger (Geki Ranger). I have a feeling that Power Rangers may yet have their best days ahead. I'd love to see Green and Black Ranger together in the Core five for a change instead of them swapping off or being an extra Ranger Color (Ninja Storm and Dino THunder both used Green or Black as an extra color. Mighty Morphin used GReen as the 6th color as well.) so this will be a nice change even if Green and Black are part of a 3 / 2 combo next year.

Love the Morphed Uniforms.

This will now mark Power Rangers XV. (I don't count Ailen Rangers since they are a sub series within MMPR)

Kamen Rider Decade 03/20/08 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango (Post 30685)
Attack Ranger (Geki Ranger)

Whoever did your translating is wrong. It is Beast-Fist Squadron Gekiranger.

gyrobot 03/22/08 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango (Post 30685)
I've seen every episode dating back to Space Patrol Delta and I'm looking forward to my fifth straight series in a row. I have the all new jungle Fury so I'll get to check out the new adaption of Attack Ranger (Geki Ranger). I have a feeling that Power Rangers may yet have their best days ahead. I'd love to see Green and Black Ranger together in the Core five for a change instead of them swapping off or being an extra Ranger Color (Ninja Storm and Dino THunder both used Green or Black as an extra color. Mighty Morphin used GReen as the 6th color as well.) so this will be a nice change even if Green and Black are part of a 3 / 2 combo next year.

Love the Morphed Uniforms.

This will now mark Power Rangers XV. (I don't count Ailen Rangers since they are a sub series within MMPR)

The Alien rangers are essentially proper Kakuranger forms (they have the Kakuranger suits). It is basically ending the use of Zyuranger suits. Shame there wasnt a Abaranger and Zyuranger crossover for nolstalga's sake (except Abaranger is pure dinosaurs.)

PrimoPiccolo 03/25/08 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango
This will now mark Power Rangers XV.

I've seen you on HJU, haven't I?

RangerKing 04/06/08 12:10 PM

This is such a relief. I really believe the animated form wouldn't do the series justice. I do believe that an animated series should be used to supplement the series. I cite a recent example that the upcoming J.K. Rowling Harry Potter encyclopedia will be used to create a series with a minimum of three seasons in an animated form. The series would expand on the material which wasn't present in the film series (I assume more backstory, etc). Such a series would do Power Rangers some good. For it to have some justice, it would require the show staff to pull double duty. Some excellent episodes would be a backstory on the Phantom Ranger, the fate of Dimitria, Tommy's ties to other rangers, Thrax's backstory and Rita's transformation to Mystic Mother.

PrimoPiccolo 04/06/08 03:22 PM

That actually would be a pretty damn cool idea.

But the whole series would have to be written by Jackie.

RangerKing 04/06/08 03:27 PM

Or at least have her directing the course of the show with little outside influence in terms of story that isn't consistent with the current mythos.

But not having previous actors return to do VO? That would be a problem for older fans.

PrimoPiccolo 04/06/08 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing
But not having previous actors return to do VO? That would be a problem for older fans.

Are you kidding? Tony Oliver doing Jason would rock! LOL

PRangerX 04/06/08 05:10 PM

The problem is the animate series would have to be done without members of the SAG. Which would mean a tottally new group of writers then that of the show. Thats why Tony Oliver couldn't work on it, he enquired about it.

PrimoPiccolo 04/06/08 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX
Thats why Tony Oliver couldn't work on it, he enquired about it.

Tony Oliver = Jason season 2 Red Ranger voice.

Thanks for ruining the joke. ~_~

RangerKing 04/06/08 10:34 PM

It depends on what type of animated route they would go just as a live action show could either be union or non-union.

PRangerX 04/07/08 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerKing (Post 30830)
It depends on what type of animated route they would go just as a live action show could either be union or non-union.

From what I heard, it would have been non union.

RangerKing 04/07/08 06:07 PM

Correct, but my idea of what an animated series should be would require it to be unionized at least in terms of writers.

Sakura3 04/08/08 03:43 AM

I'd rather wait till I see Chapter 32 of Jungle Fury to be sure rather than just go on wild speculaion. However Power Rangers Anime would work better on Jetix. They should let ABC do live action. That way we get both.

RangerKing 04/09/08 10:14 PM

Well you say that because in the states JETIX is hosted on Toon Disney. However, in other countries JETIX is its own channel with live action and cartoons. Also the problem with ABC is you would litterally be down the line in Jan/Feb waiting for the finale which would've normally aired in Novmember. Thank god I bought digital cable...

LePage 08/08/08 09:53 AM

This confirms PR is here to stay: http://www.nztecho.com/index.php?pageID=17

PowerOnyx 08/10/08 02:17 AM

If Power Rangers goes animated then I will no longer watch. Does anyone remember why we watched it in the first place? It was the live-action aspect. A live-action show amongst the flood of cartoons in the 90s.

And looking at Disney's current animation style? No thank you.

And CG to look realistic? Then what's the point?! Just keep it realistic looking by keeping it live-action.

PRangerX 08/10/08 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOnyx (Post 32367)
If Power Rangers goes animated then I will no longer watch. Does anyone remember why we watched it in the first place? It was the live-action aspect. A live-action show amongst the flood of cartoons in the 90s.

And looking at Disney's current animation style? No thank you.

And CG to look realistic? Then what's the point?! Just keep it realistic looking by keeping it live-action.

Power Rangers isn't going animated.

Kamen Rider 08/10/08 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo (Post 30705)
I've seen you on HJU, haven't I?

Yes.

Fierce Red from Henshin Justice.
Magician White from Japan Hero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simango (Post 30851)
I'd rather wait till I see Chapter 32 of Jungle Fury to be sure rather than just go on wild speculaion. However Power Rangers Anime would work better on Jetix. They should let ABC do live action. That way we get both.

My goodness...

Anyway, I looked at the site that LePage posted a link, it sounds like we're getting a new helm of PR.