Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Zabitan's Forum (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4725)

Zabitan 05/20/15 06:03 PM

Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Trooper Out of Time written by Mark Litton, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan once again talks about the time his dad taught him to be prepared for anything.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where the paper is hosting a school's career day, and Woody asks Percy to get him coffee leading to a comedy bit where Percy tries to put some water in the coffee machine, and messes it up.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is talking to Strickland who is carrying a really big crystal which he explains is a time machine, and Ziktor gets an idea.

After a brief bit where the Troopers ask some kids what they want to be when they grow up Strickland shows Ziktor a communicator he can talk to him on, and Ziktor explains his plan for Strickland to go back, and destroy Ryan as a little boy.

Zabitan 05/20/15 06:07 PM

Then Strickland uses the device, and winds up at the temple where Ryan does his "My dad taught me/I miss you dad" monologues where not too far off young Ryan is playing basketball with his father, a little boy who looks like he could be JB, and two other boys.

Meanwhile in the present the Professor summons the Troopers, and after a brief comedy bit with Percy the Professor explains everything at the lab, and even shows them what's happening.

And despite seeing Ziktor on the visors the Troopers first thought is to build their own time machine with JB volunteering to build it, Kaitlin volunteering to get the crystal, and the Professor giving Kaitlin a device to find it.

Kaitlin goes to a cave where the crystals are, and sees some researchers digging for crystals, and when Kaitlin asks them who they are they transform into Skugs.

After Kailtin and the Skugs all backflip the Skugs try to swing kick Kaitlin but she just leg sweeps them, and elbows them.

Then Kaitlin punches, and kicks the Skugs but one grabs her, and flips her but she flips it backs, and then flips over the other Skugs into it as well destroying them.

Kaitlin then finds the crystal so Grimlord appears in the Virtual Dungeon, and summons Ivar who.decides to use a shark themed sword wielding mutant called Sharkfin to destroy the Troopers.

At the lab the Troopers have finished building the time machine when a reality break occurs so Ryan tells the others to take care of Sharkfin while he goes back in time so they transform, and go into the Skybase.

Back in the past Strickland sees young Ryan by himself and tells him that he knows his father but when Ryan asks him for the secret password he figures out what's going on, and escapes.

While at the lab Ryan goes back in time and the Professor explains tjat it burned out the crystal so they need a new one while Ryan finds his younger self.

Kaitlin, and JB find a cave that has more crystals so Kaitlin goes down in the Battle Cruiser while JB uses the Fighter Bike, and when JB goes into the cave he finds Sharkfin who attacks JB with his sword.

But JB kicks him, and Kaitlin gets out, and helps him but Sharkfin attacks her as well so JB grabs Sharkfin while Kaitlin looks for more crystals but encounters Skugs instead.

After a brief bit where Ryan sees his younger self deal with a bully JB, and Kaitlin are still fighting Sharkfin, and the Skugs when Quantum Cruisers, and Jet Fighters fire on them so JB uses the Techno Bazooka to destroy them.

Then Sharkfin throws a boomerang, and some electricity at JB, and then they hit each other with their swords until JB finishes off Sharkfin with Laser Lance.

Back in the past Ryan finds Strickland who transforms into an army of Skugs so Ryan tells his younger self to run but Skugs grab him but young Ryan kicks them away while Ryan punches, and kicks a few Skugs into each other then rescues his younger, and tells him to leave.

But young Ryan goes back to help his older self but during the fight young Ryan gets hurt so Ryan finishes off the Skugs, and Ryan's father comes back, and young Ryan is okay but he doesn't remember the Skugs, and Ryan's father thanks him but Ryan leaves before things can get weird.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin put the only crystals they could find in the time machine, and bring Ryan back while at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord wants another attempt at destroying Ryan but Icebot tells him all the crystals are destroyed so he swears vengeance on the Troopers.

The Troopers return to the Underground Voice Daily where we get one last comedy bit with Percy, and Woody.

Anyway "I miss you dad the end".

Zabitan 05/20/15 06:07 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was another good but not great one.

I liked the idea of Grimlord sending one of his minions back in time to destroy Ryan when he was a kid, and Ryan having to go back, and save himself, and I thought Sharkfin was a cool monster.

My only problem is that it feels like the actual part where Ryan is back in time drags on longer than it should, and as a consequence Ryan the main character of the show spends the entire episode out of armor.

It also doesn't have the excuse of yesterday's episode of having to use up what's left of Metalder since they were still using Spielban after this so it all feels wasted especially since I can think of a gazillion episodes where JB, and Kaitlin could have fought a monster but didn't.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers reviews.

Zabitan 05/21/15 06:40 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Secret Power written by Margo McCahon, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him that everyone has a secret power that helps us do things we never thought we could.

We then go to Taoc dojo which is hosting a neighborhood talent when the Troopers notice a boy named Travis who looks sad, and Travis explains that he doesn't think he's talented.

And when Ryan tells him he can dance good he admits he just has stage fright, and the Troopers just tell him to do the show anyway, and that everyone gets stage fright, and it works.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is explaining his latest evil scheme, to steal power from Crossworld City, and break through the reality barrier.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Icebot who further explains that he plans to put two sonic pulse devices one in the power plant the other in the north pole to open the reality barrier.

Then Grimlord orders Ivar to protect the pulse devices, and Decimator recommends sending in The Magician to as well, and The Magician, and some Mutant Skugs appear, and Grimlord agrees to send them out as well.

We then go back to Tao dojo where Travis is practicing his dancing but can't get it, and the Troopers encourage him to keep going, and we get a comedy bit where Percy sings a song poorly.

Then we some Spielban footage of Icebot in the Air Castle ordering Skugs in American footage to activate the pulse devices.

Meanwhile at Tao dojo Travis is still struggling with his dancing so Ryan explains what he said at the temple when the star going out, and Ryan sees Jeb holding his ears because of a loud noise only he can hear when everyone in the dojo hears it as well, and Ryan decides to take Jeb to the lab.

Air Striker sees Ryan driving Kaitlin's car so he informs The Magician, and the Mutant Skugs who run through the forest following him when Ryan sees them, and gets out of the car but the Mutant Skugs grab him with ropes, and electrocute him so he transforms.

Ryan then uses the ropes to throw the Mutant Skugs who fire laser needles but Ryan dodges, and the laser needles hit the Mutant Skugs instead so they use their double edged spear swords but Ryan blocks them, and punches, and kicks the Mutant Skugs, and grabs a pair, and throws destroying them, and leaving Ryan to deal with The Magician.

Zabitan 05/21/15 06:41 PM

Back with Icebot the pulse devices are still working, and at Tao dojo a flower pot breaks, and Kaitlin turns on the radio explaining what's happening so they sneak off to contact Ryan, and the Professor but their communicators aren't working.

Ryan has turned back into Brad Hawkins, and asks Jeb how he is when another vibration hits while Grimlord orders Icebot to set the vibrations to maximum.

The vibration hits Tao dojo as well so Kaitlin, and JB head to the lab where everyone explains everything to each other, and the Troopers decide to transform with Ryan going to the power plant, and Kaitlin, and JB going to the north pole.

JB, and Kaitlin find one of the pulse devices in a glacier while Ryan jump kicks The Magician who tries to attack with twin daggers but Ryan blocks them, and punches, and kicks him.

So The Magician throws one of his daggers, and turns the other into a spear.

JB, and Kaitlin see some Skugs on snow skis, and follow them to their base which sets off the alarm, and the Skugs go after them.

Meanwhile The Magician tries to hit Ryan with his spear but Ryan dodges it, and uses it to throw The Magician, and uses Lighting Hand but The Magician teleports away.

So Ryan uses his scanner to find The Magician, and throws the spear but The Magician catches it, and attacks Ryan with it but Ryan once again grabs it, and throws The Magician, and follows up with another Lighting Hand which this time destroys The Magician.

JB, and Kaitlin escape from the Skugs, and summon the Skybase while Ryan destroys the pulse device at the power plant while Kaitlin, and JB destroy the one at the north pole with missiles, and Grimlord once again shames his minions for failure, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the dojo the talent show is underway, and Travis is the final act, and at first he's nervous but JB, and Kaitlin remind him of today's message, and he does his act, and everyone likes it.

Then we get one last comedy bit with Percy singing badly, and Jeb pulling out his microphone, and dragging it.

Anyway "I miss you dad the end".

Zabitan 05/21/15 06:41 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode continues the trend of good but not great.

I would joke that the only good thing is that I didn't have to watch any Metal Hero shows today but if anything I think it's the other way around.

I like the story with Travis, and I think it has a good message, and I like the main story with Grimlord trying to break the reality barrier, as well as the American footage of Skugs in the north pole since it reminded me of what I wanted them to do with virtual reality to tell it from the real world.

My only problem is that as much as I like the Magician, and his fight scenes I've already seen them, plus it doesn't help that I would have rather had a Metalder monster who got a bad episode in here.

I also thought it dragged out in parts like it should have taken the Troopers less time than it did for them to go to the lab, and the fight with the Mutant Skugs seems like it was just put there as a placeholder for a regular Skug battle.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers reviews.

Zabitan 05/27/15 08:17 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part one written by Douglas Sloan , and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan just talks about missing his dad, and how he hopes to find him.

We then go to Tao dojo where the dojo is having a father/son day which reminds Ryan of his situation with his own father.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor is looking at a prism which he explains will give him the knowledge that he needs to take over the world.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and has Skugs tie Ryan's father up with ropes made out of electricity while Grimlord shows him some Shaider footage.

Grimlord further explains his plans to steal the knowledge from Ryan's father to make new, and improved mutants, and vehicles.

Meanwhile at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin is taking pictures of some models when Ryan, and JB show up.

Kaitlin explains that the paper now has a new section called Crossworld Style that talks about fashion, and sports, and Kaitlin is the new editor with her own office.

Back at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord, and Icebot begin draining the knowledge from Tyler Steele, and only stop so it doesn't cause permanent damage.

Then Skugs take Tyler to his cell, and when no one's looking he pulls out a device, and tries to send out an SOS.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily there's a comedy bit where Percy tries to put the moves on Kaitlin's models when Jeb humiliates him.

Then the Troopers get a message from the Professor telling them to go to the lab while back at the Virtual Dungeon a mutant catches Tyler, and Decimator informs Grimlord about it, and Grimlord orders him to destroy the Troopers.

The Troopers are driving to the lab when they are stopped by a tree branch, and try to move but can't, and when they go back to the car are ambushed by Skugs.

The Troopers just punch, kick, and flip Skugs while Jeb uses the car's door, and windshield wipers to hit Skugs, then the Skugs try to grab Kaitlin, and Ryan but they get the Skugs off.

Kaitlin kicks some Skugs into each other while the other Troopers trick the last of the Skugs into knocking into each other, and go back to the car.

Zabitan 05/27/15 08:28 PM

At the lab the Professor shows them Tyler's message but it's scrambled but JB unscrambles it, and Tyler explains Grimlord's plan.

Back at the Virtual Dungeon Grimlord has just finished another knowledge draining session, and orders Icebot to use what they've drained so far to upgrade Wolfbot from The Transmutant, and Couch Potato Kid, and Rapidspore the mutant that attacked Percy in Defending Dark Heart, and wants them to destroy the Troopers.

Back at the lab the Troopers are trying to trace Tyler's message when the Battle Grid alert goes off but it's just the lab detecting Wolfbot, and Rapidspore so Ryan, and JB transform to deal with them.

Wolfbot tries to grab Ryan but Ryan throws him so Wolfbot fires his claws but Ryan blocks them so Wolfbot slashes Ryan with his claws but Ryan just punches, and kicks him so Wolfbot jumps up into a tree.

JB searches for Rapidspore who just blinds him with gas while Skugs attack JB so Kaitlin transforms to help him.

Wolfbot jumps back down, and tries to bite Ryan who just punches him off show Wolfbot tries to slash Ryan again but Ryan knocks his claws off with a karate chop so Wolfbot keeps attacking but Ryan keeps punching, and kicking so Wolfbot retreats.

JB takes the fight with Rapidspore to virtual reality where Rapidspore keeps attacking with toxic gas, and transforms into a starfish like creature, and grabs JB, and electrocutes him.

But JB manages to get Rapidspore off, and uses his scanner to find Rapidspore's weak spot, and destroys Rapidspore with Laser Lance.

Back at the lab the Troopers talk about how hard to defeat Grimlord's mutants were when Grimlord himself shows up on the lab's monitor, and shows Ryan's father in the midst of another knowledge draining session.

To be continued.

Zabitan 05/28/15 12:08 AM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part two written by Douglas Sloan , and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off where we left off with Grimlord, and Icebot still draining the knowledge from Ryan's father with only one more session before they have while back at the lab the Troopers don't know what to do to save Ryan's father.

Ryan decides that the only solution is to go into Grimlord's dungeon directly but JB informs him that Grimlord's dungeon has a human DNA sensor so only mutants can enter.

Then Ryan asks the Professor of he, and his father had anything that could help, and the Professor tells them to check the archives at Crossworld University, and the Troopers check it out.

Back at the Virtual Dungeon the mutants are worried about being scrapped in favor of new mutants when Grimlord appears, and summons Icebot who informs Grimlord that he's upgraded Wolfbot with more of Tyler's knowledge, and Grimlord orders him to destroy Ryan.

Back at the archives there's a brief comedy bit/heartwarming bit where the Troopers find an old baby picture of Ryan.

Then they find a book that contains the blueprints for the VR Trooper technology when the Professor contacts them to tell them about Wolfbot so JB, and Kaitlin take the book, and Ryan transforms to fight Wolfbot.

Wolfbot jumps at Ryan a bunch of times but Ryan keeps kicking him, and throwing him, then they jump down and Wolfbot jumps out of a building but Ryan kicks him again.

At the Virtual Dungeon Icebot reveals that Wolfbot has a new weapon, and we see a spider like flying creature detach from Wolfbot, and shoot webbing at Ryan.

Meanwhile Grimlord has Air Striker, and Fighterbot attack JB, and Kaitlin while Ryan uses Lighting Hand on Wolfbot but Wolfbot is revived by the spider creature.

Zabitan 05/28/15 12:09 AM

Then the spider creature shoots webbing at Ryan so he dodges but this leaves him open to attacks from Wolfbot so Ryan destroys the spider creature with Lighting Hand which also destroys Wolfbot causing him to melt into green slime.

Back at the lab JB tells Ryan that the blueprints don't have anything that can help so Jeb volunteers to sneak into Grimlord's dungeon, and while the Troopers debate this Jeb says he's going to the bathroom.

But really he looks for the nearest portal to virtual reality, and goes directly to Grimlord's dungeon but he still sets off the alarm, and Skugs chase after him.

Back at the lab the Troopers figure out what happened to Jeb, and after a lengthy comedy bit the Skugs capture Jeb, and Ryan transforms by himself to rescue Jeb.

Ryan finds the portal Jeb used, and goes into Grimlord's dungeon while the Skugs put Jeb in the same cell as Tyler and Grimlord decides to destroy his own dungeon with Ryan inside.

Ryan then appears in Grimlord's dungeon where Grimlord has Slashbot attack Ryan with his sword while Grimlord rigs his dungeon to explode in a few minutes.

Ryan punches Slashbot, and destroys him with Lighting Hand while the Skugs take Tyler Steele, and Ryan finds Jeb, and debates searching for his father or escaping the dungeon before deciding on the latter.

Ryan tries to escape but Grimlord's dungeon explodes seemingly destroying Ryan, and there's an admittedly tear jerking part where JB, and Kaitlin debate looking for Ryan.

And they admit that they knew there were risks when they became VR Troopers but they didn't think anything like that would happen.

To be continued.

Zabitan 05/28/15 05:16 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part three written by Douglas Sloan , and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off where we left off with JB, and Kaitlin looking for any trace left of Ryan or Jeb when they see Ryan, and Jeb emerge from the rubble of the Virtual Dungeon.

Then Ryan, and Jeb return to the lab, and Ryan wonders if they found any trace of his dad but JB says no.

But Ryan decides to go to where they can get a better scan of both realities, and the other Troopers join him.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor's secretaries are fighting over who's in charge of the virtual army now that Grimlord's gone.

But then Grimlord himself appears on the monitor, and reveals he's in a temporary base until his new Dark Fortress is complete.

And he uses what's left of his old mutants to destroy Ryan but needs to get all the Troopers to his lair.

The Troopers are still looking for clues when they pick up a signal coming from a nearby cave.

While Grimlord, and Icebot have finished the last brain draining session, and Icebot is already using it to new, and improved mutants.

Grimlord has him send them after the Troopers who arrive at the front of the cave to find plants that turn out to be Skugs.

The Skugs wave their hatchets around but the Troopers just punch, and kick them, and Kaitlin knocks one into a flower pot, and kicks another Skug into it destroying them.

Then JB also knocks a couple of Skugs into each other but Grimlord via campfire orders Icebot to enhance the Skugs' powers.

Then the last two Skugs put their hands in front of each other, and transform into Miraclers from Shaider, and when the Troopers to fight them off they kidnap Kaitlin, and JB.

Then Ryan contacts the Professor who explains what's going on, and tells Ryan to come to the lab.

While the new Ultra Skugs take JB, and Kaitlin, and put them on weird metal crosses with Tyler Steele on a third one.

Zabitan 05/28/15 05:17 PM

At the lab the Professor explains what's going on, and explains that the technology from Ryan's father has upgraded Grimlord's mutants to the point that if Ryan keeps fighting them he could lose his powers forever but Ryan still has to save his friends, and his father.

Meanwhile JB, and Kaitlin try to talk to Ryan's father but it seems like the brain draining has left him a vegetable.

Then Grimlord explains his plan which is to use a laser cannon which will move back, and forth, and slowly down until it decapitates JB, Kaitlin, and Tyler like a laser pendulum, and starts the device.

At the lab Ryan says fuck it, and decides to transform, and the Professor lets him but only if he recharges his powers first.

The laser pendulum swings closer to Ryan's father, and friends but Ryan's powers have finished charging, and he teleports to Grimlord's temporary base.

The heads of various past mutants keep flying into Ryan, and exploding draining his powers but Ryan doesn't give up.

Then a cape falls down, and turns into Decimator who comes after Ryan with his sword so Ryan kicks him but it turns out to be an illusion which the Professor explains all the Mutants Ryan been fighting have been.

So Ryan pulls out a knife, and throws it at the Decimator, and it disappears into nothingness.

Then Grimlord himself appears, and picks up Ryan, and throws him electricity, and then attacks Ryan with tentacles.

Then Grimlord tells Ryan he's rigged his temporary base to explode, and his throne levitates, and Grimlord escapes.

Ryan searches for his father, and friends but his powers are giving out, and the laser pendulum is coming down on his friends, and father.

Ryan's powers finally give out but he finds his friends, and father, deactivates the laser pendulum, frees everyone, and everyone escapes the cave before it explodes.

But alas Ryan's virtualizer starts glowing, and when he pulls it out it disintegrates into powder confirming that Ryan's lost his powers.
At the lab attempts to revive Ryan's father from his current state have failed, and Ryan is distraught over the whole thing.

While elsewhere Grimlord now having a new American costume since the show finally used up all the Metalder footage, and he brags about how the worst is yet to come

To be continued.

Zabitan 05/28/15 09:10 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part four written by Douglas Sloan , and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off where we left off with the Troopers trying to revive Ryan's father but nothing is working, and the Professor explains that physically Ryan's father is okay but he can't access his own memories.

So Jeb suggests going to Tao for help, and the Troopers agree so they tell Tao they need help, and he agrees.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor's secretaries give him the fully charged prism of empowerment, and has his secretaries destroy his old power orb.

Then he uses the prism to create his new Dark Fortress which a flying shark like spaceship, and then Ziktor uses the prism to transform into Grimlord.

Grimlord then shoots a beam that creates a woman in a white dress with an Egyptian style head dress, and a scepter who calls herself Despera.

Then Despera shoots electricity from her scepter which brings a face on the wall behind Grimlord to life as a supercomputer/genie called Oraclon.

And Oraclon in turn shoots lasers that create Ultra Skugs, a man dressed in black, and red scorpion themed armor called Doom Master, and a group of women warriors in various different colored outfits called Vixens.

Zabitan 05/28/15 09:10 PM

Then the Troopers take Ryan's father to Tao who opens a bookcase door, and takes everyone to his secret meditation room.

Then Tao puts some herbs, and a giant purple crystal on Tyler, and tells everyone to think happy thoughts, and that fixes Tyler.

Then we go to the temple where Ryan has his "my dad taught me/I miss my dad" moments, and shares a long overdue father son moment when they remember Grimlord, and immediately start working on new VR Trooper powers for Ryan.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders his minions to destroy the other Troopers, and Oraclon recommends sending in Grimstars new manta ray shaped spaceships to do the job, and Grimlord agrees.

The Troopers, and Ryan's father are still working on Ryan's new powers when the lab's alarms sense the Grimstars so JB, and Kaitlin transform to fight them.

The Grimstars fire on the Skybase with lasers so JB fires missiles, and destroys one but the others keep firing so Ryan's father tells them to retreat but they can't escape, and the communication goes out.

Ryan's father tries to reestablish communication while JB destroys the Grimstars with more missiles but the damage is done, and the Skybase crashes.

JB, and Kaitlin teleport back to the lab okay but the Skybase is trashed but Ryan, and his father have finished his new powers with only one thing missing: the virtualizer.

Meanwhile Grimlord is confident that nothing stands between him, and final control of reality.

To be continued.

Zabitan 06/01/15 06:13 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Quest for Power part five written by Douglas Sloan, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off where we left off with the Troopers, and Ryan's father trying to make a new virtualizer for Ryan but the crystal is imperfect.

Then the Professor, and Ryan's father show some Shaider footage of all the powers, and weapons he could have.

Like the lightsaber esque Laser Saber, The VR Shoulder Cannon a laser cannon similar to JB's Techno Bazooka, the VR Nitro Cycle a flying motorcycle similar to JB's fighter bike.

And finally the VR Combat Module a tank that splits into a jet, and drill tank like the Battle Cruiser.

At Ziktor industries one of his secretaries informs him that JB, and Kaitlin survived the crash of the Skybase.

So he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his minions to send a mutant after the Troopers so Despera has Oraclon create one.

And Oraclon makes an orb appear in his mouth which Despera takes out, afterwards fly into the walls of the Dark Fortress, and appears on the monitor in the form of a white mutant with a claw for a hand called Irradiator.

At Tao dojo Ryan, and his father are sparing when the Professor contacts them to tell them to come to the lab.

At the lab JB shows them Irradiator so Ryan's father has JB, and Kaitlin transform, and uses a special virtual enhancement program to upgrade their powers.

Kaitlin jumps, and kicks at the Skugs while JB goes sword to claw with Irradiator when Air Fighters appear so JB takes the fight to virtual reality.

Kaitlin keeps fighting Skugs, and destroys two of them while Irradiator throws JB, and makes guns come out of his shoulder, and fires on JB.

Zabitan 06/01/15 06:13 PM

While Ryan, and his father watch at the lab so Ryan, and his father try another virtualizer experiment but it fails.

While at the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders Doom Master, and the Vixens to invade Crossworld City.

JB shoots off Irradiator's arms with his laser but they come back to life, and attack JB.

But JB slices them with his sword, and decapitates Irradiator but Irradiator is still alive.

Meanwhile Kaitlin still fights Skugs when they transform into Ultra Skugs but Kaitlin still holds own with them.

At the temple Ryan, and his father have another father/son moment when Tao appears, and Ryan, and his father tell Tao they need a special crystal, and he has one.

JB destroys Irradiator with Laser Lance while Kaitlin destroys the Ultra Skugs who have the same weakness as the old ones.

Tao gives Ryan, and his father the crystal while Kaitlin, and JB fight Doom Master, and the Vixens by punching, and kicking them.

Grimlord orders Despera to help Doom Master, and the Vixens so she teleports to where they are, and fires lasers from her scepter at JB, and Kaitlin.

Meanwhile Ryan, and his father have finished the virtualizer, and Ryan finally transforms into Shaider, and we're treated to some Shaider footage of Ryan fighting Ultra Skugs with his sword.

Ryan summons his spaceship to fire lasers at Grimlord's minions forcing them to retreat, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Finally at the temple Ryan's father congratulates the Troopers but Grimlord is still out there, and the Troopers are ready.

Then JB, Kaitlin, and Jeb leave, and Ryan, and his father share one last father/son.

The end.

Zabitan 06/01/15 06:15 PM

Final Thoughts.

This whole storyline was pretty good.

I still stand by what I said about how if I could count all of it as single episode I would say it's my all time favorite.

It's a great send off to Ryan's old powers, and Grimlord's old mutants, and fortress, and great introduction to Ryan's new powers, and Grimlord's new mutants, and fortress.

I also liked the part where it genuinely seemed like Ryan was killed before he could escape Grimlord's dungeon.

I also liked the various father/son my moments between Ryan, and Tyler.

It has problems but there mostly small, and can be chalked up to pacing, and production.

The whole story feels like it could have just been three episodes instead of five since the story is just Grimlord steals Tyler's knowledge to upgrade his mutants, Ryan, and the others find out, and fight them, Ryan goes to the Virtual Dungeon to rescue his father, and Jeb, and almost gets blown up.

Ryan, and his friends search for Grimlord, and his father, and them in a cave but Kaitlin, and JB get kidnapped, and Ryan has to rescue them, and he rescues his father, and friends but looses his old powers.

Ryan, and the others heal Tyler while Grimlord creates the Dark Fortress, and his new minions, and Tyler makes new powers for Ryan so he can fight them.

I liked the fights with Wolfbot, and Rapidspore in parts 1 and 2, and the one with Irradiator in part 5 but I felt like they both could have been used for stand alone episodes.

Remember how I went on all the time in The Disappearance, Race to the Rescue, and New Kids on the Planet about how I wished they had saved Ryan's fights for those episodes for a major multi parter.

Well this what I was talking about.

It also bugged me how JB, and Kaitlin spend so much of the first half out of Trooper mode, and they try to overcompensate by having Ryan spend all of part 4 out of Trooper mode

Also for all the build up to Ryan's new powers it bugged me that they didn't actually use a Shaider monster to show them off.

Then again I also think if it didn't have the Shaider stuff, and you edited it to end at part 3, and you included Ivar's fights from Save the Trees, and Great Brain Robbery, and Icebot's fight from Littlest Trooper, and made this the series finale.

Or if they switched around Grimlord stealing Tyler's knowledge to have it before Defending Dark Heart, and split it up into two two parters with one that's the first two parts of Defending Dark Heart in the middle of Season One with Dark Heart becoming an ally of the Troopers.

And the other at the end of Season One that's the last two parts of Defending Dark Heart mixed with the first half of this episode.

And then the second half be the Season Two premiere.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Zabitan 06/02/15 09:24 PM

So remember when I said that after Quest for Power I was doing a four day week because there's only four regular episodes afterwards before Kaitlin Through the Looking Glassm

And I was going to make Kaitlin Through the Looking Glass it's own special week just for itself, and do one more four day week before going back to my regular schedule?.

Well since I took that month, and a half hiatus when I originally was just going take a couple of weeks tops I looked it up, and there's only 7 regular episodes after Kaitlin Through the Looking Glass before Grimlord's Dark Secret.

And afterwards there's just 17 more regular episodes of VR Troopers.

Anyway my point is while I'm still doing a four day week this week.

Next week is going to be a full week before another four day week, and then three more while weeks before one more four day week.

Moving on welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Fashion Victims written by Clifford Herbert, and directed and Vikie Brodough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him about the importance of keeping promises.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where Kaitlin is with her friend Andrea who's a fashion designer, and is making clothes for a design competition.

Andrea explains that she needs models, and after a comedy bit with Percy Kaitlin, and Andrea decide that Kaitlin, and the guys would be perfect.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is back to reading the Power Rangers villain playbook because he's looking at Andrea's designs, and decides to transform into Grimlord.

Grimlord then orders Despera, and Oraclon to create a mutant, and they create a silkworm like mutant called Silkoid.

Later at Tao dojo JB practices with a bow staff while Ryan watches when Kaitlin shows up, and tells them what's going on, and at first they're reluctant but Kaitlin convinces them to go along.

Meanwhile Andrea is working on her clothes when three women appear, and turn out to be Skugs who then restrain Andrea, and use a device to shoot purple lasers, and put Andrea under Grimlord's control.

Back at the dojo Ryan gets a call from Tao asking him to teach a class so he tells the others to go without him, and he'll meet them later.

Then we see a montage of JB, and Kaitlin trying on Andrea's clothes, and afterwards the Skugs appear in their human forms before changing back, and multiplying.
Kaitlin, and JB just punch, and kick Skugs, and there's parts with a Skug in a dress, and Skugs using fabric rolls as weaweapons.

Then the Skugs trap Kaitlin with some fabric, and JB destroys some Skugs before being trapped as well, and Silkoid appears, and cocoons them.

At the Dark Fortress Andrea appears on the monitor, and tells Grimlord that JB, and Kaitlin are prisoners

But he still wants Ryan so he orders her to go after Ryan, and Doom Master, and the Vixens volunteer as back up.

Ryan's done at the dojo so he goes to Andrea, and sees the cocoons, when Andrea isn't looking he tries to contact JB, and Kaitlin but can't.

Then he tries to contact the Professor who also confirms not being able to contact JB, and Kaitlin so Ryan goes outside, but Doom Master and the Vixens are there.

So Ryan transforms, and briefly fights Doom Master, and the Vixens, and shoots lasers at them, they retreat.

Ryan retroforms, and goes back inside, and finds some of Silkoid's silk so he tells the Professor, and goes to the lab.

At the lab Ryan puts the silk in the analyzer, and the Professor figures out what's going on, and explains that if they can't get JB, and Kaitlin out of the cocoons they'll mutate into silkworm mutants as well.

so Ryan transforms again to fight Silkoid, and free his friends, and summons the Nitro Cycle while Doom Master undoes the brain washing on Andrea, and Silkoid cocoons her but Ryan frees her with his laser.

Ryan briefly fights with Ultra Skugs before fighting Doom Master with his sword, and Silkoid using a giant rose as a weapon, and later fires at everyone with his laser.

Oraclon then sends the fight to a strange dimension called the fractal zone where Silkoid spits webbing at Ryan, and cocoons him but Ryan uses his laser, and escapes.

Oraclon then takes the fight to another dimension called the Indigo Sector where Silkoid is holding a scimitar, and teleports, and turns invisible.

While Ryan is dual wielding his laser gun, and laser saber, and uses his scanner to find Silkoid, his laser gun to bring Silkoid out of hiding, and his laser saber to destroy him freeing the other Troopers from the cocoons.

Ryan helps Andrea, and the others escape while Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at Andrea's studio Andrea reveals she's made new designs based on the Troopers then we get one last comedy bit with Percy.

Then Ryan once again talks about the moral of the episode.

The end.

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was okay it was good but not great.

I liked the story, and message, and Silkoid was one of the better looking Shaider monsters, and it's cool to finally see a Shaider monster after all the buildup of Quest for Power.

My only real gripe was that JB, and Kaitlin didn't transform at all especially since Andrea got cocooned herself, and the stuff with Andrea being brainwashed felt like it dragged on.

It also didn't help that even though only one Metal Hero show was used they still cut out stuff from the fight scene with Silkoid but left the one part I probably would take out.

In the end it's good but not how I would have kicked off the new status quo after Quest for Power.

Zabitan 06/03/15 09:13 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Game Over written by Diane Mathers, and directed and Vikie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that there's a balance between work, and play.

We then go to a lake where Ryan, and Kaitlin are fishing with some kids when while we get a comedy bit with Percy.

And JB is working on a virtual reality game that simulates a fight with Grimlord's mutants to test their skills but unbeknownst to the Troopers one of Grimlord's Skugs is in the water, and sees them.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor watches what the Skug sees, and once again has been reading the Power Rangers villain playbook because he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his minions to steal the game.

At the lab Ryan, and Kaitlin are playing the game which is a bunch of Spielban footage while JB programs it on his computer, and asks them for ways to improve it, and they say thinks like giants, and being ambushed.

JB then creates a green mutant with pointy ears, red bug eyes, and a claw tipped spear called Gameoid while Oraclon, and Ivar volunteer to steal Gameoid, and make him real.

At Tao dojo Kaitlin is sparring with Tao when JB, and Ryan come in with the newly finished game, and some visors.

And the Troopers play the game until three guys in karate gis show up, randomly turn into Skugs, and multiply.

The Troopers, and Skugs just punch, and kick each other, and the Troopers roundhouse kick the Skugs, and grab their legs when they try to kick back so the Skugs transform into Ultra Skugs.

But Ryan kicks one of the Ultra Skugs into a cabinet, and kicks another Ultra Skug into it destroying them, and Kaitlin, and JB kick two Ultra Skugs into a bench together destroying them but the last Ultra Skug steals JB's computer so they head to the lab.

Zabitan 06/03/15 09:14 PM

At the Dark Fortress Oraclon makes Gameoid real while at the lab the Troopers track JB's computer to a warehouse so Ryan decides to go over there.

Ryan sees Grimlord's minions at the warehouse so he transforms, summons the Nitro Cycle, and bursts through a wall.

But Despera shoots him with her scepter, and covers Ryan with green slime, puts chains on him, and traps him in a cage.

Then she shoots him with more lasers, and the slime comes off Ryan, and reforms into Gameoid.

The Professor, and the other Troopers see Ryan on the lab's monitors so they give him a power boost which enables him to escape the trap, and he fights off Grimlord's minions.

Gameoid comes after Ryan with his spear but Ryan keeps kicking him, and dodging so Gameoid teleports away.

JB, and Kaitlin transform, and Kaitlin fights Ultra Skugs while JB fights Ivar.

Ryan is still fighting Gameoid who's grabbed Ryan's sword with a vine but Ryan slices it off, and goes after Gameoid who teleports away.

Then Grimlord orders the fight be taken to the Indigo Sector where Gameoid shoots lasers from his eyes at Ryan so Ryan shoots his own laser which makes Gameoid shrink.

So Gameoid comes after Ryan with his spear but Ryan destroys him with his laser while JB defeats Ivar, and Kaitlin destroys the Ultra Skugs, and retrieves JB's computer.

But then Despera appears in the Indigo Sector, and throws her scepter, shoots lasers, and teleports, and Ryan tries to fire his own lasers at her but she retreats, and Ryan is knocked out of the Indigo Sector.

Then the Troopers take the computer to the lab, and JB deprograms it.

While at the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames his minions.

We then see the Troopers fishing again while the kids they were fishing with are playing on game boys, and we get one last comedy bit with Percy.

Anyway "I love you dad" The end.

Zabitan 06/03/15 09:14 PM

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the idea of the Troopers making a fake mutant to test their skills, and Grimlord stealing it, and turning it into a real one.

I also thought that Gameoid was another one of the better Shaider monsters.

I also liked that JB, and Kaitlin got to be in Trooper mode, and that the Troopers fought the Ultra Skugs in this episode.

Really I think my only real gripe was that I would have saved the fight with Despera for a major episode especially since it seemed like they cut a bit from the actual fight with Gameoid.

All in all this episode feels more like how I would have started Season Two after Quest for Power.

Zabitan 06/05/15 10:43 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Watered Down written by Al Winchel, and directed by Vikie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that friends are always there when you need them.

We then go to a beach where the Troopers are playing volleyball with some kids, and we get a comedy bit where Percy tries to put the moves on some beautiful girls who are petting Jeb.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is watching some Spielban footage when a secretary gives him a jar of a red substance which he explains is called the VR shield a substance designed to block the VR Troopers powers.

Then he sees the Troopers playing volleyball on the beach near where his lab is so he transforms into Grimlord, and Icebot explains that he's already given the VR shield to a new Octopus like mutant named Octobot so his lab is safe.

Back at the beach the Troopers find some of the VR shield on some seaweed but don't know what it is so they go to the Underground Voice Daily, and JB explains that they don't know what it is.

So Ryan, and JB decide to go scuba diving to find anything while Kaitlin takes the sample to the lab.

At the lab the Professor explains that the analyzer can't find out what the substance while Grimlord sees JB getting the diving equipment ready so a random guy goes up to him, and transforms into an army of Skugs.

First the Skugs jump at JB but he just throws them then he kicks them, and one Skug tries to use an oxygen tank as a weapon but JB kicks the Skug, and the oxygen tank just hits the other Skugs, Skugs.

JB grabs a Skug's leg, and throws it into another destroying them so the two remaining ones transform into Ultra Skugs, and punch JB but he grabs an Ultra Skug, and throws it into the other destroying them.

Zabitan 06/05/15 10:43 PM

Then Ryan shows up but JB sees his oxygen tank is cut so Ryan will have to go alone.

The Troopers, and the Professor still can't find anything, and Grimlord sees Ryan so Octobot attacks him while JB, and Kaitlin try to contact him.

The Professor is able to contact Ryan, and tells him to transform but the VR shield blocks him.

JB transforms instead but the VR shield prevents him from even touching the water.

Kaitlin, and the Professor transfer all the lab's power to the scanner, and find Ryan trapped by animated hands.

the Professor explains everything, and JB, and Kaitlin decide to summon the Battle Cruiser so JB transforms again.
JB destroys Grimlord's lab with lasers restoring contact with Ryan but Ryan still can't transform until Octobot is destroyed so Kaitlin transforms.

Kaitlin punches Octobot but Octobot punches her, grabs her, throws her, and fires a weird thing at her face.

JB comes over and helps Kaitlin, and uses a Skug as a shield when Octobot fires another thing at them, and proceeds to attack Skugs, and Octobot with his sword.

Then Kaitlin tries to fire lasers but they don't work so JB helps her, and it works, and JB destroys Octobot with Laser Lance.

Ryan makes it out in time, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily we get some two more comedy bits one with Woody wearing some swimming gear over his business clothes, and making water jokes.

And one with Percy in an inflatable muscle suit with Jeb exposing him.

Anyway Ryan sums up the moral of the day the end.

Zabitan 06/05/15 10:44 PM

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was okay.

I thought the idea of Grimlord making a substance that could block the Troopers powers was cool.

I also thought Octobot was a cool monster with cool powers especially since he looked like a Cthullu monster.

My only problems are that it felt like the part where the Professor, and the other Troopers try to contact Ryan dragged on.

And the part where JB transformed back after he couldn't go into the water felt like it could have been outright removed without hurting anything.

Especially since they cut out some stuff from the Spielban episode they used, and because Ryan didn't transform into Trooper mode in this episode.

Zabitan 06/07/15 09:07 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at The Negative Factor written by Stewart St. John, and directed by Vikie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that sometimes you have to trust your own instincts.

We then go to a road in Crossworld City when Kaitlin, and JB are supposed to pick up Ryan but the roads closed.

Then Kaitlin, and JB get out, and talk to a road worker who turns out to be Doom Master who then takes out a remote control, and shoots JB, and Kaitlin with a silver laser, and teleports away.

The laser makes Kaitlin, and JB transparent, and a bicyclist goes right through them like their not there so they try to transform but can't.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is watching, and explains that JB, and Kaitlin are trapped in the Negative Zone, and then transforms into Grimlord, and further explains that he plans to send the entire world into the Negative Zone as well.

At Tao dojo Tao is sparring with a young boy, Ryan is supposed to watch but he's spacing out, and explains that he's getting bad vibes.

Then when Tao leaves the Professor contacts Ryan, and explains that JB, and Kaitlin have disappeared so Ryan leaves.
At the Dark Fortress Doom Master, and the Vixens are working on the Negative Zone device.

While in another room Grimlord's newest a mutant a pile of yarn balls with sheep's head in the middle carrying a spear with scissors on the end named Scissor Fist waits to destroy the Troopers.

At the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin, and JB phase through a wall, and we get a comedy bit where their presence blows away pile of papers, and makes Woody cold but they can't talk to him.

At the lab Ryan, and the Professor are trying to find JB, and Kaitlin when JB, and Kaitlin themselves appear but only Jeb can see them but can't hear them.

The Professor, and Ryan find where they disappeared, and goes there, and JB, and Kaitlin follow him.

At the Dark Fortress Doom Master informs Grimlord that the Negative Device is complete, and Grimlord orders Scissor Fist to destroy Ryan.

Ryan finds Kaitlin's car, and a guy in a tow truck comes out, and merges with the truck into a Skug which then turns into a whole bunch of Skugs.

The Skugs circle Ryan, and try to kick him but he kicks them back, and kicks two Skugs into each other, and destroys them.

Then Ryan punches the other two Skugs when JB, and Kaitlin appear, and Ryan destroys the last two Skugs.

Zabitan 06/07/15 09:08 PM

Then Doom Master appears, and tries to send Ryan to the Negative Zone but he dodges, and transforms but Scissor Fist appears, and wraps Ryan with yarn.

But Ryan frees himself with his sword, and jump kicks Scissor Fist while Kaitlin, and JB follow some Ultra Skugs who are carrying the Negative Device.

Ryan fights off Ultra Skugs, and Doom Master with his sword then jumps onto a tree branch, and shoots everything with his laser.

Then Ryan jumps back down, and the Professor explains what's going on.

Back at the lab Ryan, and the Professor are still looking for the Negative Device when JB, and Kaitlin appear, and Jeb finally says he see's them.

Then JB, and Kaitlin telekinetically type on the lab's computer the coordinates to the location of the Negative Device.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord activates the Negative Device while back at lab JB, and Kaitlin are fully pulled into negative space, e the Professor explains everything, and has Jeb rescue JB, and Kaitlin.

The Professor also gives Ryan a message from his dad explaining that now the Skybase can transform into a giant robot called the Troopertron , and Ryan transforms again.

Ryan finds the Negative Device but Grimlord, and his minions find out, and attack Ryan but Ryan fights them off jump kicks Scissor Fist.

But Scissor Fist fights back with his spear, and Grimstars attack so Ryan summons the Combat Module.

At the lab Jeb is wearing a visor, and travels to the Negative Zone which is some weird red, and orange cgi, and rescues JB, and Kaitlin.

The Combat Module destroys Grimlord's base with a missile while Ryan shoots lasers at Grimlord's minions.

Grimlord orders the fight between Ryan, and Scissor Fist be taken to the Indigo Sector, and a spaceship with a face on it appears, and fires on Ryan so he summons the Troopertron.

Then we see the Troopertron stomping on tanks, and shooting lasers at Air Fighters.

Then Ryan summons his Laser Saber, and Scissor Fist tries to fight back but Ryan destroys him while JB, and Kaitlin appear in the lab back to normal.

But there's still the matter of the Negative Device, and there's only seconds left.

But Ryan remembers the moral of the day, and pushes a random button, and deactivates the Negative Device.

Grimlord once again shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Then at the Underground Voice Daily we get one last comedy bit where Jeb gets scared by a mouse.

Anyway Ryan sums up the moral of the day the end.

Zabitan 06/07/15 09:23 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was not very good.

It had a neat concept with the Negative Zone, and it had a good message.

Unfortunately Scissor Fist represents one of my pet peeves about Shaider which is that for every monster that actually looks cool, and creepy you get one that's silly, and goofy looking.

It also bugged me that JB, and Kaitlin didn't transform into Trooper mode in this episode since it used the Troopertron which was from Spielban.

And because it seemed like they could have had the stuff with Kaitlin, and JB in the Negative Zone in the first half, and then freed them.

And had the stuff with the larger device, and Ryan fighting Scissor Fist in the second half instead of having both at the same time, and dragging it out.

I did like the introduction of the Troopertron, and it didn't skip anything I would have kept from the Shaider episode.

Zabitan 06/08/15 08:38 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Kaitlin Through the Looking Glass part one written by David Avalon, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that it's not outwardly appearances that matter most.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where the Troopers, and Woody are celebrating a new front page article by Kaitlin.

And we get a comedy bit where Woody tries to make a milkshake with a blender but it shakes the whole building, and Percy tries to stop it just to get the shake all over him.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is crumpling his copy of the Underground Voice Daily, and explains that he plans to steal Kaitlin's image, and use it to create a second evil Kaitlin.

Then a secretary informs him that his latest mutant a new like mutant called Stingbot is under the Underground Voice Daily building causing earthquakes.

Ziktor sees this for himself then transforms into Grimlord, and Doom Master, and Ivar both tell him everything is going according to plan.

Back at Underground Voice Daily another of Stingbot's earthquakes hits so everyone except the Troopers leaves, and the Troopers contact the Professor who explains what's going on.

Ryan decides to check the basement by himself and after telling a couple of janitors to leave he finds Stingbot, and transforms but Stingbot teleports away.

Meanwhile one of the janitors steals Kaitlin's compact, and replaces it with another, and tries to steal the VR disc, and JB, and Kaitlin decide to go back into the building, and when they see what the janitors are doing the janitors transform into Skugs.
Not much happens other than JB, and Kaitlin punch, and kick the Skugs into various things around the building, and one of the Skugs trying to grab Kaitlin but she gets it off her.

Then the Skugs transform into Ultra Skugs, and JB, and Kaitlin still punch, and kick them, and there's more pratfalls but JB, and Kaitlin destroy the Ultra Skugs.

Zabitan 06/08/15 08:39 PM

Ryan finds a beam, and uses it to repair the foundation of the building, and transforms back, and everyone explains to each other what happened.

Then Kaitlin takes out her compact and puts on some lipstick, and Grimlord has Ivar, and some Skugs activate the Mirror Replicator.

and some pink lasers shoot out at Kaitlin, and surround her face, and her reflection starts looking evil.

Then the evil Kaitlin teleports to the Dark Fortress, and we know she's evil because she swears allegiance to Grimlord, and Grimlord gives her a device, and orders her to destroy the Troopers.

Then Evil Kaitlin appears at the Underground Voice Daily, and after five seconds of pretending to be the real thing she just beats up Ryan, and briefly transforms.

And afterwards gets a message from Grimlord telling to go to the lab, and sabotage it while Ryan gets up from his beating.

Meanwhile back at the Underground Voice Daily the real Kaitlin, and the other reporters are putting stuff back when she gets a message from JB already in Trooper mode, and transforms to help.

While Evil Kaitlin appears at the Underground Voice Daily, and steals the VR disc but Ryan contacts the Professor who explains everything.

Ryan arrives at the lab just as Evil Kaitlin is about to destroy the lab but Ryan, and the Professor show her the real Kaitlin, and JB who are getting beat up by Ivar, Stingbot, and Skugs.

And Ryan tries to convince her she's too much like the real Kaitlin, and it works, and the other Kaitlin transforms to help the real one while Ryan tries to save the lab.

JB, and the two Kaitlins destroy Grimlord's machines, and the other Kaitlin explains what's going on when Skugs, and Stingbot appear.

JB fights off the Skugs but Stingbot spits acid at him so he takes the fight to virtual reality while Ryan barely saves the lab, and afterwards transforms.

Then we get a cool part where Ryan pilots his spaceship, and they edit it to have him blow up Air Fighters from Spielban.

While JB tries to fight off Stingbot but Stingbot makes these robot bees appear, and attack JB, and the two Kaitlins.

Ryan destroys the Air Fighters while JB destroys the robot bees.

But Stingbot spits acid at them so Kaitlin one shoots lasers, and Kaitlin two throws her double edged scythe at him, and JB destroys Stingbot, and the Skugs with Laser Lance.

Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers but believes that the two Kaitlins will destroy each other.

And at the lab the Professor explains that if they can't recombine the two Kaitlins in 24 hours they'll both cease to exist.

To be continued.

Zabitan 06/09/15 08:06 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Kaitlin Through the Looking Glass part two written by David Avalon, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off where we left off with the Professor explaining that if they don't recombine the two Kaitlins they'll both cease to exist, and the process is already starting.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor, and one of his secretaries explain his plan to create mirror duplicates of everyone on Earth.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and Oraclon shows him some Spielban footage of Ivar, and some Skugs making more mirror replicators.

Back at the lab the Troopers, and the Professor try to recombine the two Kaitlins but it fails.

The Professor explains that they have to either get Grimlord's original device or find a rare crystal similar to the one that powers it.

Ryan, and the two Kaitlins decide to go to Tao dojo while JB stays at the lab because he still doesn't trust Kaitlin two.

Despera, and some Skugs are in human form loading the Mirror Replicators onto trucks, and JB finds out, and investigates.

Meanwhile at Tao dojo Ryan, and the two Kaitlins can't find the crystal they need, and Kaitlin two takes out the device Grimlord gave her, and stuns Ryan, and Kaitlin one, and teleports.

JB finds the boxes, and trucks containing the Mirror Replicators but Despera, and the Skugs catch him, and transform into their real forms, and the Skugs transform directly from human form to Ultra Skugs.

Not much happens other than JB kicks the Ultra Skugs, and the Ultra Skugs try to trip him, and grab him but JB gets them off, and kicks them into each other destroying them.

Zabitan 06/09/15 08:07 PM

But Despera summons a weird goofy looking red lion like mutant with the unusual name of Serpentoid so JB transforms.

Serpentoid rams into JB a bunch of times, and JB tries to punch him but Serpentoid beats him up instead.

So JB pulls out his ray gun but Serpentoid runs away so JB summons the Fighter Bike, and chases after Serpentoid.

Grimlord orders Oraclon to send Grimstars after JB, and we see them, and some Air Fighters fire on JB.

So he tries to contact the other Troopers, and the Professor explains what's going on so he sends Jeb to revive the other Troopers.

Back at the Dark Fortress Kaitlin two explains what's going on, and that she was just pretending to betray him.

While at Tao dojo Jeb wakes up Ryan, and Kaitlin one, and explains what's going on so they both transform.

Ryan summons the Combat Module, and destroys Grimlord's underground factory.

While Kaitlin two steals the main Mirror Replicator device, escapes the Dark Fortress, gives the device to the Troopers, and transforms.

Ryan appears, and fires on Serpentoid, and the Skugs but Ivar shows up in his own tank along with some tanks Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers, and fires at Ryan.

So Ryan summons the VR Troopertron, and it quickly destroys the Air Fighters, Quantum Cruisers, and Ivar's tanks.

JB, and the two Kaitlins jump punch Serpentoid, and JB destroys him with Laser Lance.

And at the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the lab the Troopers, and the Professor try to recombine the two Kaitlins, and it works but then Jeb accidentally knocks over the Mirror Replicator device.

But all that does is result in Kaitlin now being able to summon Kaitlin two whenever she's in Trooper mode.

Ryan then reminds us of the moral of the day the end.

Zabitan 06/09/15 08:08 PM

Final Thoughts

This whole thing was pretty cool actually.

You know how usually I have a problem with an episode having a good story but bad execution.

Well this almost the opposite in that on paper it sounds like a rehash of Good Trooper Bad Trooper.

But I did like Kaitlin two especially since it seemed like Sarah Brown enjoyed being a bad guy for a change.

And I actually liked how Kaitlin two had to pretend to still be working for Grimlord.

I also liked that technically we now have a fourth Trooper.

Really I think my only problem is the same thing I always have which is that I would have liked it if they could have found a way to combine this with Rise of the Red Python, and have Amy from that episode become the fourth Trooper.

Like have Rise of the Red Python be a three parter, and have it be like the Rise of the Red Python we did get up until the end of part two.

And have the end of part two be like the end of part one of this episode, and have part three be like the part two of this episode.

I liked Stingbot, and thought he was a cool monster but Serpentoid was just silly looking, and even then I probably wouldn't have cared if they called him Lionoid, or Lionbot.

It also bugged me that it seemed like they didn't even use all of Serpentoid's fight scene from Spielban.

Zabitan 06/11/15 12:12 AM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Kaitlin Goes Hollywood written by Margo McCahon, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his father told him that game and fortune don't always go together.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where Woody, and Percy are taking pictures of Kaitlin for the paper which leads to a comedy bit with Percy, and a fan.

Then a man, and his entourage comes in, and he explains that he's a famous movie director Phillip Marceu, and he's having a casting call to find someone for his newest movie, and takes one look at Kaitlin, and wants her to audition.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is watching on his monitor and once again has been reading the Power Rangers villain playbook because it gives him an idea to destroy the Troopers.

So he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Icebot, and orders him to send a mutant that can destroy the Troopers, and make it a movie at the same time, and Icebot recommends Photobot.

At the audition Kaitlin is nervous but after some encouragement from Ryan she imagines herself being famous.

Then we see the auditions, and none of them are that good but when it's Kaitlin's turn she nails it, and Marceu decides to make her the star of his movie.

Back at the Dark Fortress Icebot shows Grimlord Photobot who no surprise looks like a humanoid movie camera while elsewhere we see Ivar goofing off, and deciding he wants to direct.

While at a park the Troopers are having a picnic while Kaitlin is confused because she wants the part in Marceu's movie but worries that it means she can no longer be a VR Trooper.

But Ivar is watching them, and a guy comes up to them complaining about litter, and he turns into a bunch of Skugs.

Zabitan 06/11/15 12:13 AM

Not much happens other than JB kicks some Skugs while Ryan, and Kaitlin dodge Skugs and throw them.

JB kicks some Skugs into each other, and Ryan throws the other Skugs into each other destroying them.

Then Kaitlin goes to lunch with Marceu, and Ryan, and JB spy on her wearing stereotypical 80's rocker clothes, and wigs, and there's some comedy with an annoying waiter.

Later at Tao dojo Tao tells Ryan, and JB that they should be happy for Kaitlin, and after he leaves the Professor contacts them, and explains what's going on so they both transform.

Ryan summons the Blue Hawk while Photbot fires a laser at JB, and Ivar comes after him with his sword but JB dodges them, and kicks them.

At the movie set the Professor contacts Kaitlin, and explains what's going on, and Kaitlin decides to go.

But Philip tells her if she leaves he'll never work with her again but she leaves anyway, and transforms.

Kaitlin, and JB beat up Skugs, and then Kaitlin decides to split into two Kaitlins, and they beat up Skugs some more.

Grimstars, Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters fire on everyone so JB takes the fight to virtual reality, and Ryan destroys all the Quantum Cruisers, Air Fighters, and Grimstars.

Photobot shoots lasers at Kaitlin, and JB so they shoot lasers at him, and JB destroys him with Laser Lance.

At the Dark Fortress Ivar tries pass the blame onto Icebot, and Photobot but Grimlord shames him anyway.

At the movie set Marceu has found a new leading lady but Kaitlin is glad she chose her friends, and being a Trooper over the part.

Zabitan 06/11/15 12:13 AM

Final Thoughts

I liked the whole story about Kaitlin having to choose between being a famous actress, and being a VR Trooper.

Mostly because looking back it's strangely prophetic when you remember what happened to Brad Hawkins, and Sarah Brown in real life.

I also liked all the various funny parts like the Audition, Ryan, and JB's disguises, and the bit with Ivar at the beginning.

I also liked Photobot he was a cool monster with cool powers, and he was quite appropriate for the episode.

I also can't really think of anything that they took out from the Spielban episode they used.

Zabitan 06/12/15 02:44 PM

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Grimlord Takes Root written by Michael Ryan, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his father told him that no good deed goes unrewarded.

We then go to a garden where Kaitlin, and some others are taking pictures of flowers for a gardening issue but Percy keeps sneezing.

We then see some Spielban footage of a Skug driving a truck when a box falls out the back, and spills plants that magically plant themselves.

At Ziktor industries one of Ziktor's secretaries informs him of what happened, and Ziktor is actually glad because it just means his plan is going ahead of schedule.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and he, and his minions explain that the plants are vines that will squeeze the life from everything in Crossworld City, and eventually also turn into virtual mutants.

Back at Kaitlin's photo shoot there's a comedy bit where Percy finally finds a plant that he's not allergic to, and it turns out to be poison ivy.

Then one of Grimlord's vines grabs him so Kaitlin, and the other reporters get it off, and Kaitlin tells them to go back to the Underground Voice Daily with Percy, and contacts Ryan, and JB.

Kaitlin shows Ryan, and JB where the vine was but it's disappeared leaving nothing but leaves but JB decides to take some so the Professor can analyze it.

Meanwhile Grimlord is watching in the Dark Fortress, while his vines wrap around Ryan, and JB's bikes.

And when the Troopers go to the lab they're blocked by some old ladies who turn out to be Skugs.

Not much happens other than the Skugs try to kick the Troopers but the Troopers kick the Skugs so they retreat.

Grimlord then orders the fight be taken to the Battle Grid, and really not much happens here either.

Let me put it this way go back to The Dojo Plot, and watch the Battle Grid segment from it.

But you have to watch it with the sound off, and you have to cut off about four seconds into the part with Ryan on the rock formation.

And then go back to it at the part where JB does the mid air kick, and it segues into the part where everyone fights one at a time in the same scene.

All the while imagining different dialogue for it.

Congratulations you just saw this episode's Battle Grid segment.

Seriously the only not taken from that is that they refilmed Kaitlin's Battle Grid transformation to acknowledge that Sarah Brown has different hair now.

I will say that I like that when it's over, and the Troopers return to reality it cuts right to them back in the park back out of Battle Grid mode.

The Troopers then see what happened to Ryan, and JB's bikes, and JB, and Kaitlin go to the lab while Ryan stays.

Zabitan 06/12/15 02:45 PM

Back at the Dark Fortress Grimlord is glad with how things are going, and orders Ivar, and the Skugs to distribute more of the vines.

At the lab the Professor analyzes the vine, and explains what's going on.

And the Professor, and JB go on about how if the same thing that makes the vines grow so fast was used for other plants it could conceivably end hunger.

Back at the park Grimlord's vines start wrapping around Ryan, and squeeze the life out of him.

While back at the lab JB, and Kaitlin watch some Shaider footage, and find out about the vines being able to turn into mutants.

At the park Ryan tries to free himself from the vines, and remembers his father telling him to always think of a way out of your problems.

While back at the lab the Professor does a scan of the city, it reveals that Grimlord's vines are all over the place.

Ryan transforms, and frees himself from the vine, and Kaitlin, and JB inform him of what's going on.

The Professor explains that the vines have already turned into two mutants Vegbot, and Chlorophoid so JB, and Kaitlin transform as well.

JB flies around on his Fighter Bike destroying Grimlord's trucks with lasers but then trees appear, and block his path.

Ryan goes to a house that's being attacked by Vegbot who's this weird plant monster with a giant head, and a weird Predator like face.

Vector then wraps Ryan with vines but Ryan frees himself with his sword so Vegbot escapes into the Indigo Sector, and Ryan chases after him.

JB needs help so Kaitlin splits into two, but Ivar sends some Skugs, and the Skugs, and trees close in on JB, and the two Kaitlins.

Vegbot has grown giant, and is shooting electricity at Ryan so Ryan shoots his laser, and it shrinks Vegbot.

But Vegbot just teleports, and wraps Ryan in vines, and electrocutes, and throws him but Ryan frees himself with his laser.

The two Kaitlins are fighting Skugs, and Chlorophoid who's this weird green plant creature with a domed head, and branches, and vines coming out.

JB helps them but Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers fire on them so JB takes the fight to virtual reality.

Chlorophoid then wraps JB, and the two Kaitlins with vines, and electrocutes them but JB frees himself with his sword, and destroys Chlorophoid with Laser Lance.

While after some choice words from Ryan he destroys Vegbot with Laser Saber.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord shames Ivar for failure, and there's a funny bit where he pretends the communication system isn't working to shut up Grimlord.

Then Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Ryan, and JB meet Kaitlin, and she explains that she sold a sample of the vines to a biological institute because they liked JB's idea of using them to end hunger.

And that the institute wanted to reward them with money, and Kaitlin used it to buy new bikes for Ryan, and JB.

Zabitan 06/12/15 02:46 PM

Final Thoughts

I liked the idea of Grimlord growing killer plants that also eventually turn into mutants.

I also thought that Vegbot, and Chlorophoid were both cool monsters with cool powers.

I also liked the part where the Professor, and JB talk about using whatever Grimlord used to create the vines to end hunger.

Like even if they didn't say anything specifically it felt like they were talking about GMOs particularly genetically modified plants, and how it's just a technology just like any other that can be used for good or evil.

I also liked that they used a Spielban monster, and a Shaider monster that both had similar themes.

Which reminds me of something I forgot to talk about last time which was that Shaider had a monster that was movie camera theme that wasn't in Kaitlin Goes Hollywood.

Really the only thing I can really think of that bothered me was the Battle Grid segment, and that was only because it was just recycled footage of the Battle Grid segment from The Dojo Plot.

It's like how come Ryan doesn't have a new Battle Grid suit based on his Shaider powers?

How come the Troopers are just fighting regular Skugs still, and not Ultra Skugs?

I probably wouldn't even care about recycled footage either if they didn't use everything from just one Battle Grid segment.

Like maybe use a full portal sequence after they transform.

Use the landing scene from all the other Battle Grid segments besides A Dirty Trick, and The Dojo Plot.

Use the V, R, Troopers thing from A Dirty Trick with the full suits.

Use all of the Searching for Tyler Steele footage of Ryan on the rock formation, and some Transmuant footage for JB.

And at the end after Kaitlin, and JB do their mid air kicks have Ryan do that scissor kick he did in The Virtual Spy, and No One's Friend.

And then show that part where the Skugs get knocked into each other.

I don't I'm just throwing things out there.

Other than that I think they cut out some stuff from the Shaider footage they used.

But I think even that could have been solved by just shortening the part where Ryan is trapped by the vines.