Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why did they add Elgar to Space? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8889)

Ginger Snap 06/08/20 08:16 AM

Re: Why did they add Elgar to Space?

I never thought of that before. You guys are awesome.

Space Seasons 06/08/20 08:18 AM

I remember being pissed. Because I was like we finally got rid of those corny villains. Turbo was especially bad. But the season worked out in the long run.

MattEmily 06/11/20 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 77883)
Because Saban was too cheap to make his own Ecliptor and Darkconda costumes.

Yup, go ahead and call them cheap when you have zero clue what you are talking about

Make new suits or pay to get the better quality ones shipped from Japan?
I would rather the second option since that way they can’t mess up on the suit like they did with Elgar and Rygog

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countdown to Destruction (Post 77931)
We don't know what condition the Goldar suit was in. The Elgar suit was newer and made more sense to use. If the Goldar suit was in good condition, we probably would have saw it more in Space. Since they used most of the old suits in Countdown.

We saw the suit in the premiere and in CtD so it obviously was doing decent enough then

MMPR Awesome 06/12/20 02:09 AM

I wonder why they didn't use Goldar more..

Bridge Boom 06/12/20 09:41 PM

They really should have. i am actually surprised he only had a few brief cameos.

Piccolo's Legacy 06/12/20 09:41 PM

It would have been cool to have morphed footage of the other Ranger teams battling the UAE.

No Green Spandex 06/13/20 08:28 AM

Elgar didn't bother me. He was barely in it after the first several episodes anyway.

MattEmily 06/16/20 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Awesome (Post 78096)
I wonder why they didn't use Goldar more..

this is pretty much why, that suit premiered in 1994 and it was probably on its last legs come Space time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 77932)
The decay of the suits was the whole reason why C2D happened.

Scorpina Returns 06/22/20 11:14 AM

It was just the luck of the draw since Elgar had the suit that was in the best condition. He didn't really do all that much in Space so its not a big deal either way.

Uncle Steve 06/22/20 11:22 AM

They probably also wanted to add some levity since the villains were played much more serious that season then ever before. Aside from the appearances of Divatox which tended to be more zany.