Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should Eric have joined the team earlier? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8863)

Disney Princess 05/11/20 05:08 PM

Re: Should Eric have joined the team earlier?

I never liked Eric. He had a huge ego and only cared about himself.

MMPR Forever 05/11/20 05:22 PM

Eric should never have been a Power Ranger. Zordon would never allowed him on the team.

Wild Bore 05/11/20 08:06 PM

No,No! That was the whole point of Eric's characters. He was a true loner and lead his own team ( Silver Guardians).

Of course Wild Force tried to lazily copy this. But Merrick just came off like a jerk who felt sorry for himself. Whereas Eric has personal motivations that made sense for him to be a loner.

Trooper Forever 05/11/20 08:15 PM

They actually alluded to him regretting not being part of the team when he talked to Taylor about not appreciating his friends enough.

A Gia To Remember 05/12/20 02:07 PM

It waa clearly intentional to have Eric remain on his own until the end.

Black Gundam Silver 05/12/20 05:49 PM

Eric was a direct adaption of Timefire. So its not surprising that he didn't join the team. i would have preferred an original storyline.

Quantum Blue 05/12/20 05:58 PM

No, it wouldn't fit his character. Him joining he team in the team up was earned due to his character development.

But I always wished Eric got his own team of Quantum Rangers. I thought thats where they were going with the reverse engineering of the powers Bio lab was trying.

Wesley Smallings 05/12/20 06:01 PM

Jen should have recruited Eric to be the Red Ranger or her team ( with the Quantum Powers). Since Eric was so much more qualified to be Red Ranger then Wes. Who shouldn't even have been on the team.

Dino Blaze 05/16/20 09:34 AM

Eric just was too much of a dark character for Power Rangers.

Zabitan 05/16/20 01:52 PM

Eh I don't know I like that he was doing his own thing for a long time before he joined the team.

Mostly because he seemed to provide contrast for Wes, and the Time Force Rangers.

I sometimes wish Timeranger gave him a full team because I would have liked to have seen something similar to Jetman with the Neo Jetman but for a whole season.