Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Do you mind the show staying in New Zealand? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5358)

Yellow Fan Forever 11/26/17 06:50 AM

Re: Do you mind the show staying in New Zealand?

It shouldn't matter if the stories are good. The filming location doesn't effect my enjoyment of the show.

Mega Mission 11/26/17 10:12 AM

I think the New Zealand Footage made Megaforce look more major league.

VR Forever 11/26/17 10:51 AM

Its been so long that it doesn't feel like a big deal

Karone Zhane 11/26/17 05:50 PM

They should just move back to Velencia. The money spent would be worth it

Toei Ranger 11/26/17 11:10 PM

I think they should move production to Japan and let Toei produce Power Rangers too. If not own it outright.

Todd Oliver 11/26/17 11:17 PM

NZ isn't bad, its just too bad it makes it harder for team ups.But at least they have managed to make some work out.

MattEmily 11/26/17 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toei Ranger (Post 69220)
I think they should move production to Japan and let Toei produce Power Rangers too. If not own it outright.

Toei already co-owns it but I don't agree with them taking over the ownership completely since they already have Sentai, Kamen Rider and various anime to work on (not only that but they generally have issues dealing with English properties if they don't have a partner involved) but I do agree that it would be smart to move the production to Japan due to footage matching purposes not to mention instead of Saban needing to use a studio in New Zealand they could just use the same studio that Toei uses for Sentai that way if they need a set they can just use it there and they wouldn't have to worry about shipping suits over either since they would be somewhere within Toei so if Saban wanted to use a specific villain they could just get it without having a major problem with it.

Porto 11/27/17 09:46 AM

I like the idea of Power Rangers having their own studio.

Captain Mutiny 11/27/17 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 69224)
Toei already co-owns it but I don't agree with them taking over the ownership completely since they already have Sentai, Kamen Rider and various anime to work on (not only that but they generally have issues dealing with English properties if they don't have a partner involved) but I do agree that it would be smart to move the production to Japan due to footage matching purposes not to mention instead of Saban needing to use a studio in New Zealand they could just use the same studio that Toei uses for Sentai that way if they need a set they can just use it there and they wouldn't have to worry about shipping suits over either since they would be somewhere within Toei so if Saban wanted to use a specific villain they could just get it without having a major problem with it.

It would seem to make sense. But it would be harder to have a diverse cast in Japan than New Zealand. You would have to fly in more foriegn actors. And any local actors you use would neee to speak english fluently.

Sentai Is Forever 11/27/17 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 69224)

That would be an excellent step in the rjght direction. If they must do original footage, at least it would be as close to the original as possible. Jonathon Tzachor could be hired by Saban or Toei to make sure the original footage was exactly like Sentai.