Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Are there any other GOOD magical girl anime? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2208)

Sailor Saturn 12/26/06 10:00 PM

RE: Are there any other GOOD magical girl anime?

the Japanese version is Card Captor Sakura and the English version is Card Captors. I haven't seen the dubbed version yet. It doesn't seem too bad. Hm...wasn't Card Captors on Nick once a long time ago?

PrimoPiccolo 12/27/06 02:48 AM

I remember it premiering on Kids' WB! and old episodes being re-aired on Cartoon Network a couple of years later, but I don't remember Nickelodeon showing it.

Sailor Saturn 01/02/07 09:04 PM

Oh, yeah! I remember it now.

Neo Moonlight Knight 01/03/07 08:22 PM

The japanese version is worse than the dub... unless u like ultra chessy magical girl anime with homosexual/lesbian references every episode

christphern 01/03/07 09:24 PM

Personally I always thought Tomoyo's crush on Sakura was adorable, but perhaps that was just me. And, sure, it was cheesy, but come on. We're fans of Sailor Moon. It has it's own fair amount of cheese in any version.

Chris

Neo Moonlight Knight 01/04/07 01:16 PM

RE:??Are there any other GOOD magical girl anime?

Quote:

Originally Posted by christphern
Personally I always thought Tomoyo's crush on Sakura was adorable, but perhaps that was just me.??And, sure, it was cheesy, but come on.??We're fans of Sailor Moon.??It has it's own fair amount of cheese in any version.

Chris

*Shrugs* What about Julian's crush on Tori. that was just weird... and Sailor Moon is less cheese. I think maybe because CCS is for a much more Younger audience

PrimoPiccolo 01/04/07 02:02 PM

SuperS was pretty much Cardcaptors. Which is why I can't stand it. LOL

christphern 01/04/07 03:41 PM

Not familiar with the dub, MK. Haven't even seen much of the sub. I do, however, think that they would have made a cute couple. But, again, maybe that's just me.

It is something that people should come to expect from Clamp. It's virtually their trademark to have at least 1 gay, lesbian, or bi character in every manga or anime they put out.

Chris