PDA

View Full Version : What ifs?

MattEmily
12/01/17, 07:43 PM
What if Jason, Zack, Trini never left?
What if Billy had stayed on for the Turbo season and Zordon left the mantle to Billy
What if only Tommy + Kat left in Turbo and Adam + Tanya stayed, while only Carlos + Ashley joined?
What if Jason and Kimberly returned for Turbo?
What if Kat was in Dino Thunder instead of Hayley?

What would happen if Tommy was already in the city in the first ep?
What would happen if Jackie became the Exec Producer?

What if Doomsday part 2 had been the season finale and the show decided to pull a Sentai early and do the annual cast and story change in 1994?

What if Brad Hawkins had been the White Ranger and JDF went on to star in Cybertron?

What if the show was cancelled in season 3?

What if they decided to keep the Turbo1 cast throughout the whole season before changing the cast for In Space?

What would've happened if they were cancelled after the 3rd season?

What if Kim and Jason got married? Who'd be the best man?

What if Tommy replaced Jason as Red Ranger (with Dragon Shield)?
How would Dairanger have been adapted if Doomsday was the end of MMPR?
How would Kakuranger have been adapted? What with the 60's Batman effects.

How would Lost Galaxy have went had Valerie not developed leukemia. Or if Patricia hadn't left over the billing dispute.

What if Cassie had been Galaxy Pink 2 for real?

Okay, he's one. What if Shinkenger, not Kakuranger, was the 18th sentai? That means we get Shinkenger footage in season 3. How does that work?

And how would Saban, who just reacquired the franchise, adapt Kakuranger?

What If Jason, Kimberly, Aisha, Rocky, Katherine, Billy, Tommy, Trini, Zack, Adam, Tanya, Trey, Trey, Trey, Cassie, Andros, Phantom, Justin, Tj, Ashley, Zordon, Ninjor, Dimitria Alpha 5, Alpha 4, Alpha 3, Alpha 2, Alpha 1, DECCA had all stayed until the end of Power Rangers In Space?

What if JDF still went to VR Troopers and Brad Hawkins still with Power Rangers before the last second switch?
I find it would've been pretty cool to see JDF as the gold ranger for Zeo than when they hinted that Brad Hawkins would join the team by using his voice as the Gold Ranger after VR Troopers?

Let's assume that Jason/Zack/Trini never left the show and stayed all the way up to Zeo. Would Saban craft a storyline where Zack's powers were damaged beyond repair? maybe he's the one that leaves and comes back as the Gold Ranger? Or would this be the season where you would want characters to start making exits?

Here's some more what ifs but I won't post the remaining in quotes since that's getting annoying.

What if Jason had gotten the Green Candle?
What if Mesogog was defeated by Lothor?
What if either Bioman or Jetman was the first Power Rangers?
What if they combined all of Tommy's Morphers and Powers into one Coin?
What if hybrid seasons never existed?
What if the guy from VR troopers played the White Ranger. Would it be as popular?
What if Gosei awoke when Zordon left for Eltar and mentored the Turbo team instead of Dimitria?

What if Zedd got to Tommy before Zordon did in White Light?
What if the Dairanger suits were used in MMPR2?
What if Kim hadn't left?

What if Mike hadn't fallen, kept the Quasar Saber and became Galaxy Red (or if he took the powers back from Leo)?

What if Alex tayed Time Force Red (either the first time or after he took it back)?

What if the Wind Rangers weren't late to class that day?
What if Andrew Hartford was Overdrive Red?
What if the pre-Zyu teams were the first Power Rangers seasons?
What if Power Rangers ended after the In Space season
What if Zordon never died
What if Andros and Ashley kissed on screen

What if the Power Transfer had Jason give up his power coin to Billy? And in return Billy would transfer his power coin to Rocky and become the Red Ranger and Rocky would replace him as the Blue Ranger.

What if Rita & Zedd were smart enough to send down 5-10 monsters to attack Angel Grove except 1?

What if the first season of Power Rangers was aired once a week(or only one episode for the week), would it still been a nation-wide success?

What if Zedd after in the 2nd ep?
What if Goldar took over the throne?
What if Power Rangers had Sentai's budget?

What if destroying the Sword of Darkness didn't break Rita's spell?
What if Darkonda hadn't obliterate his boss with anti-planet missiles?
What if the S.P.D. rangers got stranded in the past in Wormhole?
What if Udonna hadn't found the security footage of the Rangers morphing?
What if Leanbow, Daggeron and Udonna had stayed dead?
What if Terry became the Pink Samurai instead of Mia? (I'm guessing he at least would get to keep the beetle zord)

What if they did more shared-themed crossover specials(Aquitar crew vs NS/Kakuranger vs Hurricanger; LR vs SPD; Maskman vs Dairanger vs Gekiranger; LG vs WF; Mystic Knights vs MF; etc.)

What if the Power Rangers just used their Zords to storm Rita's moon palace and blow it to smithereens?

What if Zedd was in the dumpster instead of Rita?
What if the Machine Empire were the villains instead of Rita?
What if Saban initially agreed to pay Austin St. John, Thuy Trang, & Walter Jones more money when they asked?

What if the Dark Rangers were the Dairangers?
1.What if Dana had been taken by Olympus instead of Ryan?
2. What if Zordon had met Ninjor ten thousand years ago?
3. What if Lauren was the Red Samurai from the beginning?

What would've happened if the pre-Space teams joined in the battle in CTD?

What if David Yost, Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank were the trio to leave/be written off during the second season?

What if Saban opted to use the Dairanger costumes after Doomsday? Would Zack as he didn't have a Dairanger counterpart be the first original ranger to leave?

How different would Megaforce and Super Megaforce be if Disney still owned the series?

What if they had made original villains and decided to not use Rita or even perhaps Scorpina?

What if the first Rangers to be recruited were Tommy, Adam, Rocky, Tanya, and Katherine?

What if Saban did the full Basco thing in SMF and also had a Argus/Noah rivalry?

What if Ransik had come back to a different time? Such as:
Before Wes was born.
When Wes was still in Elementary School.
After Wes was put in a senior care center.

What if Saban's buyback occured and was finalized earlier...
1. When RPM was entering pre-production? or...
2. When RPM was about ten or so episodes into filming?

What if Zordon got his body back at the end of MMPR Season 1 and became White Ranger in season 2?

What if the original Magna Defender lived?
What if Gosei woke up during the Space finale?
What if Power Rangers had crossovers with all the other Saban superhero shows?

What if the Red MMPR Returns in Dino Charge, but it's Tommy.

What if someone made Morphers and zords for the Psycho Rangers?
What if those who didn't remove their helmets in the Legendary War was a Tommy clone?
What if Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation was in the war?
What if Mirinoi and its Quasar Sabers were introduced in Space?
What if Tommy was in every season?

What if instead of Dark Rangers Zedd uses the Green Crystal to power the remaining Badge of Darkness creating his own evil ranger that will pilot Serpentera?

What if Zedd made his own Power Coin?
What if Zordon could be resurrected?

What if Tommy died along with his Green Ranger Powers? Returned an evil ranger and person who tormented the Rangers for all of season 2?

What if Curtis became Black, Angela became Yellow, and Richie became Red? Instead of Adam, Aishia and Rocky?

What if the Rangers had been given their Ninja Power Coins but it also had Dino/Thunder/Ninja/Shogun/Metallic Armor/Ninja Ranger/Aquitian powers?

What if Rita escaped in 2003 instead of 1993?

What if Tommy stayed the Green Ranger and a new character(Brad Hawkins?) was introduced to be the White Ranger?

What if Goldar ended up using the Red Badge of Darkness himself due to not having a suitable Putty for it?

What if Rita and Zedd were in Turbo?

NOTE: All of these "what ifs?"(or rather most of them but not all) are ones that someone else have came up with.

Ninja Storm Fan
12/01/17, 09:59 PM
What if Ninja Storm had a second season?

Massive Ego
12/02/17, 11:55 AM
I don't like can theories unless it comes from a former crew member.

SPD Emergency
12/02/17, 09:24 PM
What if there was an SPD season 2?

Pink Alien Ranger
12/03/17, 08:07 AM
What If Jason, Kimberly, Aisha, Rocky, Katherine, Billy, Tommy, Trini, Zack, Adam, Tanya, Trey, Trey, Trey, Cassie, Andros, Phantom, Justin, Tj, Ashley, Zordon, Ninjor, Dimitria Alpha 5, Alpha 4, Alpha 3, Alpha 2, Alpha 1, DECCA had all stayed until the end of Power Rangers In Space?

That would have made for an even more awesome Space finale! But I don't see how you would keep both casts on together full time. I couldn't see the old casts coming back as reoccurring guest stars in Space and fighting in the finale.

Ashley Andros
12/03/17, 08:17 AM
That would have made for an even more awesome Space finale! But I don't see how you would keep both casts on together full time. I couldn't see the old casts coming back as reoccurring guest stars in Space and fighting in the finale.

I agree. It would have been cool if they at least showee the MMPR and Zeo Rangers fighting elsewhere like Gold and Phantom.

Massive Ego
12/04/17, 10:49 AM
What if Ninja Storm-Ninja Steel didn't suck?

Zabitan
12/11/17, 07:44 PM
What if Power Rangers had something similar to the Gene Synthesizer from Flashman where the bad guys had some machine that melts living beings down into genetic goo, and uses them to make mutants?

What if a Power Rangers season had a finale similar to Battle Fever J where the main villain tried to force the Rangers into the monster making machine, and turn them all into one monster?

VR Forever
12/12/17, 11:59 AM
Sounds like something that would happen in season 1 VR Troopers

Turbo Guy
12/12/17, 12:01 PM
Reminds of the time the Rangers all getting baked into a giant pizza lol.

Miki1988
12/12/17, 02:20 PM
What if Megaforce skipped Goseiger and directly adopted Gokaiger?
What if Tzachor was never involved in Megaforce/Super Megaforce?
What if Megaforce had well developed, plot, storyline and characters?
What if Super Megaforce never happened and the whole thing was just called Megaforce?
What if Megaforce actually excluded any pre-Zyu, Dairagner and Goseiger stuff and just focused on giving tributes to PR seasons?
What if Legendary Battle was a move where the Megaforce and the Veteran Rangers fight some monsters and the foot soldiers from their own seasons?
What if Argus was actually defeated by the Veteran Rangers, aided by Orion and not by the 6-Ranger Megaforce team?

Massive Ego
12/12/17, 06:08 PM
Megaforce might have actually been good.

MattEmily
12/12/17, 08:41 PM
What if a Power Rangers season had a finale similar to Battle Fever J where the main villain tried to force the Rangers into the monster making machine, and turn them all into one monster?

that wouldn't be a bad idea problem is not a lot of armies have machines to make monsters.
Finster had his Monstermatic but they came from clay molds so you'd need to turn the Rangers into clay.

Diabolico and the like had cards that they threw into a mouth so they would need a Ranger or Rangers in the mouth at the same time of them throwing the card into it.

What if Megaforce skipped Goseiger and directly adopted Gokaiger?
What if Tzachor was never involved in Megaforce/Super Megaforce?
What if Megaforce had well developed, plot, storyline and characters?
What if Super Megaforce never happened and the whole thing was just called Megaforce?
What if Megaforce actually excluded any pre-Zyu, Dairagner and Goseiger stuff and just focused on giving tributes to PR seasons?
What if Legendary Battle was a move where the Megaforce and the Veteran Rangers fight some monsters and the foot soldiers from their own seasons?
What if Argus was actually defeated by the Veteran Rangers, aided by Orion and not by the 6-Ranger Megaforce team?
Megaforce might have actually been good.

sad but true although it wouldn't have made a difference with who defeated Argus.

Zabitan
12/16/17, 10:03 PM
What if Power Rangers had villains similar to Volt from Liveman but done right like a bunch of people decide they're better than everyone else, and turn themselves into monsters so they can take over or destroy the world?

PRangerX
12/17/17, 01:21 PM
Those would be an original idea for villains.

Todd Oliver
12/17/17, 02:40 PM
What if Jason was able to reach the Green Candle in time?

KimandTommy
12/17/17, 02:48 PM
What if Kat was exposed as the writer of "Kim's Letter" ?

Zabitan
12/17/17, 03:10 PM
What if Jason was able to reach the Green Candle in time?

We'd probably get Zyu2 stuff early, and they would probably just have to make American footage for Tommy in the Zyuranger episodes after Burai died.

What if Kat was exposed as the writer of "Kim's Letter" ?

That would messed up but it would probably make for an interesting story.

Bansheera's Revenge
12/17/17, 05:14 PM
What if Bansheera was restored to full power during the first ceremony?

MMPR Forever
12/17/17, 05:14 PM
It would have been awesome if Kat was exposed and Kim came back to fight for her man.

KimandTommy
12/17/17, 05:17 PM
I know, Kim kicking Kats butt to get Tommy and her morpher back would have been awesome! Kat probably would have cheated or got help from Rita though. She would never fight fair.

Kaitlin Steele
12/17/17, 05:20 PM
Actually, they were all friends. I think they would hang out and catch up. Kimberly wrote the note and really wanted to just be friends with Tommy going forward. She was also most undoubtly happy for Tommy and Kat when they got together latsr on.

Zabitan
01/20/18, 02:26 AM
What if they brought back the Machine Empire but tried to explain their motives like they thought that they weren't doing anything different to organics that organics weren't already doing to machines?

Like in one episode the monster is a tv themed robot who kidnaps a guy, and sells him into slavery because the guy was a burglar who stole a tv, and tried to pawn it.

Captain Codfish
01/20/18, 12:00 PM
What if they brought back the Machine Empire but tried to explain their motives like they thought that they weren't doing anything different to organics that organics weren't already doing to machines?

Like in one episode the monster is a tv themed robot who kidnaps a guy, and sells him into slavery because the guy was a burglar who stole a tv, and tried to pawn it.

I like that idea. It gives the Empire more three demension.

KimandTommy
01/20/18, 12:01 PM
I don't like the idea of glorifying bad guys. If your evil there is no excuse and the Rangsrs are going to punish you.

No Green Spandex
01/20/18, 12:03 PM
I don't like the idea of glorifying bad guys. If your evil there is no excuse and the Rangsrs are going to punish you.

It makes for better story telling to have villians were motives that are borderline acceptable. No only is saying the Machines still wouldn't be wrong. But it would make the viewer think.

KimandTommy
01/20/18, 12:07 PM
I don't watch Power Rangers to think. I want to see the Rangers defeat the bad guys.

Massive Ego
01/20/18, 12:08 PM
I don't watch Power Rangers to think. I want to see the Rangers defeat the bad guys.

But some of us do. And its not like you still wouldn't see the Rangers "get the bad guys. "

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/20/18, 12:10 PM
I actually see a lot of shades of gray in Power Rangers. You just have to look deep. Zordon and his machinations are very complicated and often times only for the greater good in his own mind. This all carries over to Tommy and Hexagon afterwards.

Saban Fan
01/20/18, 05:51 PM
What if Saban produced Wild Force through RPM?

Kat Oliver
01/22/18, 05:10 PM
I think the show would have ended and been restarted when Saban decided to capitalize on the nostalgia.

MattEmily
01/22/18, 06:46 PM
What if Saban produced Wild Force through RPM?

Wild Force would've been similar but I don't think Cole's Parents would've stayed dead and I don't think Master Org would've been destroyed.

The rest would've been similar to their Sentai counterparts.
Dekaranger and Magiranger were pretty similar to their counterparts so they would've just been even more similar.

Captain Codfish
01/23/18, 05:52 PM
I think Wild Force would have gone as planned. MMPR Productions was still there. If Fox Kids still shuts down Saban would have had to find a new network to finish the season and go beyond.

Rangerlord
01/25/18, 12:07 PM
I'm I think Ninja Storm would have felt more in continuity then it did at the time.