PDA

View Full Version : What's your Alpha theory?

MattEmily
12/01/17, 05:58 PM
Obviously we can assume there was an Alpha 1-4 before we saw 5 in the first episode and then we later saw 6 and 7 however how many Alpha versions do you think are in existence by now?

Also as you may or may not there was a rumor that circulated that Amit had written Forever Red with the idea that 5 is destroyed but do you really believe he's gone? I don't believe he's gone.

Astro Omega
12/01/17, 06:06 PM
I think he was probably destroyed in the Eltarian Invasion! Some of his memories may have been recovered for Alpha 7.

MattEmily
12/01/17, 06:11 PM
Algerian Invasion?

Astro Omega
12/01/17, 06:14 PM
Algerian Invasion?

Lol Fixed...Just have been my autocorrect.

Zabitan
12/01/17, 08:00 PM
My guess we're on 8 or 9 if we get another Alpha.

As for what happened to 5 I like to imagine either destroyed between the invasion of Eltar, and Countdown to Destruction or after Zordon's death he either moved back to Edenoi or stayed on Eltar, and got a new master.

Shadowhawk
12/01/17, 09:10 PM
It is interesting how Alpha 7 acted just like Alpha 5 and had the same voice.

MattEmily
12/01/17, 09:16 PM
My guess we're on 8 or 9 if we get another Alpha.

As for what happened to 5 I like to imagine either destroyed between the invasion of Eltar, and Countdown to Destruction or after Zordon's death he either moved back to Edenoi or stayed on Eltar, and got a new master.

I like to think we're at Alpha 10 and I'd like to think that 5 is still alive but is back on Edenoi.

It is interesting how Alpha 7 acted just like Alpha 5 and had the same voice.

Yes it is interesting but you do have to keep in mind that King Lexian created the Alpha robots.

Massive Ego
12/01/17, 09:27 PM
Ordinarily I don't like fanwank stuff.But since it comes from Amit himself, Alpha is dead. I miss when PR actually had real stakes like that and wasn't afraid to have everything not be all hunky dory.

MattEmily
12/01/17, 10:21 PM
Ordinarily I don't like fanwank stuff.But since it comes from Amit himself, Alpha is dead. I miss when PR actually had real stakes like that and wasn't afraid to have everything not be all hunky dory.

regardless of whether Amit said it or not it's irrelevant since he's not with the crew so if someone wants to bring Alpha 5 back they can without retconning anything.

and who said recent Power Rangers doesn't have huge stakes?

Bandora's Ghost
12/02/17, 11:38 AM
I think Alpha 5 was rebuilt and lives on the liberated Edenoi.

Massive Ego
12/02/17, 11:39 AM
regardless of whether Amit said it or not it's irrelevant since he's not with the crew so if someone wants to bring Alpha 5 back they can without retconning anything.

and who said recent Power Rangers doesn't have huge stakes?

Characters are not allowed to die and we are stuck with insufferable high school bs. Like Redbot not finding a date to some silly dance.

No one on the show has contradicted Amit. If they wanted Alpha 5 alive he would have been in OO instead of 6.

White Tiger Fan
12/02/17, 11:42 AM
Amit knows more about PR than anyone. If he says Alpha 5 is dead, he is dead.

MattEmily
12/02/17, 11:57 AM
Characters are not allowed to die and we are stuck with insufferable high school bs. Like Redbot not finding a date to some silly dance.

No one on the show has contradicted Amit. If they wanted Alpha 5 alive he would have been in OO instead of 6.

Characters not named Zordon or the Magna Defender?

True no one has contradicted Amit yet but that doesn't mean someone can't. It's possible Jackie wanted to respect what Amit said provided if she even knew about it or it's also possible she's just more familiar with Alpha 6 rather than Alpha 5 which is why she went with 6 instead of 5.

Amit knows more about PR than anyone. If he says Alpha 5 is dead, he is dead.

it doesn't matter how much someone knows he can say whatever he wants to but it wouldn't be official. Why? because he's not with the show anymore. Doug and Jackie can say all they want that Hexagon is in continuity (but not quite) since that's where Doug kind of got the idea for the video diary but in the end it doesn't matter what they've said in the past or what they'll say now since they're not with the crew so someone can retcon it if they wish.

Tommy Hater
12/02/17, 05:52 PM
I hated how Tommy had his own personal Alpha in FR. Only a jerk like Tommy would create a copy of a dead friend.

Maligore
12/02/17, 06:20 PM
i'm surprised Saban didn't cheap out on bringing Richard back to voice Alpha 7. Djsney was sure cheap when they brought back Alpha 6 with a new VA. Or with how they did an imitator of Barbara Goodsen with Mystic Mother.

MattEmily
12/02/17, 06:28 PM
I hated how Tommy had his own personal Alpha in FR. Only a jerk like Tommy would create a copy of a dead friend.

it wasn't his it belonged to the Megaship

i'm surprised Saban didn't cheap out on bringing Richard back to voice Alpha 7. Djsney was sure cheap when they brought back Alpha 6 with a new VA. Or with how they did an imitator of Barbara Goodsen with Mystic Mother.

why would they cheap out? although that had nothing to do with Saban since Disney was responsible for Wild Force but I do agree with you about Alpha 6 in Overdrive and the Mystic Mother.

Maligore
12/02/17, 06:34 PM
My mistake, Disney deserves credit for Alpha 7 then. It was still surprising tho. Especially since Disney cheapened out on those other things.

Massive Ego
12/02/17, 06:36 PM
Characters not named Zordon or the Magna Defender?

True no one has contradicted Amit yet but that doesn't mean someone can't. It's possible Jackie wanted to respect what Amit said provided if she even knew about it or it's also possible she's just more familiar with Alpha 6 rather than Alpha 5 which is why she went with 6 instead of 5.

it doesn't matter how much someone knows he can say whatever he wants to but it wouldn't be official. Why? because he's not with the show anymore. Doug and Jackie can say all they want that Hexagon is in continuity (but not quite) since that's where Doug kind of got the idea for the video diary but in the end it doesn't matter what they've said in the past or what they'll say now since they're not with the crew so someone can retcon it if they wish.

I was talking about PR now. PR still had high stakes back when the Megna Defender storyline happened. Not to mention that it was part of one of the best seasons ever.

Ashley Andros
12/02/17, 06:49 PM
I agree with Ego in that PR isn't the same as it was back then. The new movie was cool though.

MattEmily
12/02/17, 07:24 PM
I was talking about PR now. PR still had high stakes back when the Megna Defender storyline happened. Not to mention that it was part of one of the best seasons ever.

RPM didn't have high stakes with it being the End of the World?

how about Samurai? They had no way to kill Deker so how they even did it is beyond me not to mention they (Mike, Mia, Kevin, Jayden and Antonio) were all willing to give up their humanity to save Emily even though that would've doomed them and the world.

MattEmily
12/02/17, 07:29 PM
My mistake, Disney deserves credit for Alpha 7 then. It was still surprising tho. Especially since Disney cheapened out on those other things.

Disney wouldn't have seen any need to cheapen out on actors in Wild Force since they were using union actors but in later seasons they weren't hence why they were being cheap with not getting Wendee Lee back as Alpha 6 or Barbara Goodson back as Rita for the Mystic Mother.

Lord Vrak
12/02/17, 07:48 PM
Thats the key difference, not really them being cheap. Although going non union obviously saved them money.

MMPR Fan
12/02/17, 08:07 PM
Alpha 5 has to be alive. He is awesome and should never have left the series.

Ashley Andros
12/03/17, 08:20 AM
He sadly died in the Eltar invasion along with most of Zordon's allies.Alpha 7 was built with one of his back voice boxes as a tribute to 5.