PDA

View Full Version : Why was Megaforce such a mess?

MattEmily
11/27/17, 02:06 PM
Why was Megaforce and Super Megaforce such a mess?

Power Rangers Forever
11/27/17, 02:08 PM
Because the team ups were half hearted and had no subsistence. The finale could have been awesome but came off as forced and wasted.

MattEmily
11/27/17, 02:10 PM
Now I have various reasons as to why they were big messes but it was mostly due to Super Megaforce that it made Megaforce even more of a mess.

First off Gia got no focus.
Second off while I've got no issues with them using Gokaiger suits as power-ups my issue was more because of how they ended up using the ancient Gokai Changes since we saw Dairanger and pre-Zyu teams for no reason other than Tzachor wanted to be cheap and not re-shoot scenes and he felt no reason to explain things since he thought an explanation wasn't needed which was a horrible move on his part.

Third off he wasted the potential of returning actors for the Legendary Battle on top of which we didn't even see every Ranger fighting in the battle which was another issue.

Sentai Is Forever
11/27/17, 02:11 PM
They tried to tell their own story. The Legendary Battle should have happened in the beginning like in Super Sentai. Also Super Megaforce should have been its own cast with a different name than Megaforce.

Usagi Reborn
11/27/17, 02:59 PM
I was disappointed that we got less Gia too. Since she was such a highlight Of Megaforce and didn't get too much focus in Super

Captain Codfish
11/27/17, 03:02 PM
I thought legendary battle and Super Megaforce itself was awesome. I love team ups and Super Megaforce had a lot of them. I thought they handled them all very well anyway. I never thought we would see so many Rangers at once .

Massive Ego
11/27/17, 03:13 PM
It was a terrible season with terrible execution. The team ups were all glorified cameos and some of them worse. Legendary Battle was more like Legendary Clusterfuck.

MattEmily
11/27/17, 03:29 PM
They tried to tell their own story. The Legendary Battle should have happened in the beginning like in Super Sentai. Also Super Megaforce should have been its own cast with a different name than Megaforce.

Telling their own story wasn't the problem and no matter where the big battle was placed at it would've been a disaster. Super Megaforce should've been its own season but they didn't want to do that since it would've been a moot point if it wasn't part of an anniversary series much like Megaforce was. Toei should've allowed them to just skip Goseiger so we would've gotten Gokaiger for 2 years but they didn't want to allow that.

I was disapointed that we got less Gia too. Since she was such a highlight Of Megaforce.

no doubt about that.

I thought legendary battle and Super Megaforce itself was awesome. I love team ups and Super Megaforce had a lot of them. I thought they handled them all very well anyway. I never thought we would see so many Rangers at once .

It wasn't even halfway to awesome not even semi-halfway to halfway to awesome. The Legendary Battle was even more of a disgrace than Shuki's idea to bring a child into the show and have him become a Ranger.

It was a terrible season with terrible execution. The team ups were all glorified cameos and some of them worse. Legendary Battle was more like Legendary Cluster****.

that's stating the obvious and calling it (the Legendary Battle) a Cluster**** is being too kind.

Massive Ego
11/27/17, 07:02 PM
And i should add Megaforce was bad as well, because it made all the mistakes Of Neo Saban era PR.

Adam White Tiger
11/27/17, 07:03 PM
I wish Adam would have come back as the mentor instead of Gosei.

Captain Codfish
11/27/17, 07:04 PM
I thought Megaforce was weaker than Super Megaforce but much better than Samurai.

MattEmily
11/27/17, 07:06 PM
And i should add Megaforce was bad as well, because it made all the mistakes Of Neo Saban era PR.

well I do admit that Megaforce itself was bad but not for those reasons. I thought Megaforce was bad because there wasn't really any character development we just had the Insectoids send down Loogies to fight, the teens would beat them, Warstar sends down a monster and the team would beat it and that was pretty much it sadly we really got nothing into the personal lives of the teens themselves.

Zordon's Heroes
11/27/17, 07:16 PM
I don't think it was that bad. I think the finale was just too rushed and gave the two Megaforces bad names .

Super Rad
11/27/17, 07:22 PM
Troy was a terrible leader and brought both halves down.

Goldar's Revenge
11/27/17, 07:26 PM
Megaforce made the same mistake Samurai made. It was a Tzachor at its worst, copying sentai just to do so. Even when they didn't need to. It actually showed promise the first few episodes. But it quickly got stuck in the same trap.

Super Megaforce was a lot of the same. But made things even worse with the half hearted team ups. It felt like the staff just wanted to get through them and weren't into them.

Falconzord Commander
11/27/17, 10:19 PM
Megaforce was fine, not great...But it deconstructed what made MMPR work well. Super Megaforce just took things off the rails and really half assed the team ups.