PDA

View Full Version : Mars should have been the Messiah

Mars Fire Ignite
10/11/17, 10:36 PM
She had the visions to start Super, like the Outers. None or the other Inners had the visions. Mars is very mystical and has the charisma to come off as the Messiah. It would have been a great bookend to the premiere, which centered around Rei. It was time for someone else to get focus other than Usagi.

Sailor Ceres
10/12/17, 11:22 AM
An interesting idea but I don't think they wanted to take too much of the focus off Sailor Moon.

MMPR Forever
10/12/17, 11:23 AM
Mars was too mean to be the chosen one. Besides Serena was the true sovereign.

Superstatler
10/12/17, 11:27 AM
S was a good season overall. But its big problem was it threw out too manyimportant figures. You had Sailor Moon as the Messiah, Uranus/Neptune as our mysterious gaurdians, Chibi-Usa, and Hotaru as the Messiah or Silence ....Oh no wait we mean Sailor Saturn. Adding Mars to the mix would have been too much.

Sailor Chaos
10/12/17, 11:28 AM
They never did really pay off Mars' visions off properly.

Outer Sailor
10/12/17, 11:30 AM
Thats why it makes more sense in the Manga. Since almost everyone has the nightmares. As we saw from Crystal.

Sailor Galaxia
10/12/17, 11:32 AM
Uranus and Neptune also weren't ridiculously standoffish. They had real reasons to be on their own. And at the same time still openly respected Moon.

Putty On The Brain
10/12/17, 08:07 PM
I think it was funny when Raye ane Serena used to fight.

Outer Sailor
10/12/17, 08:36 PM
I like the op's reasoning but I think the Messiah should have been Sailor Saturn.

Sailor Chaos
10/23/17, 06:45 PM
The more I think of it, the more I think it would have been a good idea. Sailor Moon had plentyof time to shine in Sailor Moon S anyway.

Mars Fire Ignite
10/23/17, 06:53 PM
Thanks.

Yes, she still could have got the Holy Grail and become Super Sailor Moon. And would have earned the respect of the Outers by the end. But the fact she couldn't maintain the form would point to the fact that she wasn't the messiah. Instead of Chibi-Usa, Usagi would have befriended Hotaru and had her heart Crystal stolen to fuel Mistress Nine. At this point Mars would have being revealed as the Messiah and used the Grail to save the world as Super Sailor Mars. With Usagi and Hotaru being saved.Usagi could have still saved baby Hotaru.

Astronema
10/23/17, 06:58 PM
I'd rather have them tease Moon as the Messiah and have it be Sailor Venus. Wouldn't that be the opposite of what happened in the first arch pf the manga?

Dino Guts
10/23/17, 09:01 PM
It doesn't work for me. Besides S waa good like it is. Mars haing visions doesn't make her the chosen one.

MMPR Forever
11/05/17, 07:17 PM
Mars was too mean. Serena was the Truth Sovereign anyway, since she was the Princess.