PDA

View Full Version : Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without The Sword Of Light?

PRangerX
12/30/10, 12:45 AM
In "The Power Transfer" it took the Sword of Light to transfer Jason, Zack, and Trini's powers to Rocky, Adam, and Aishia. But in "Different Shade of Pink" it only took a simple passing of the cion from Kim to Kat. Why didn't they need the sword?

One very plausible theory is that it was because the Ninja Powers worked differently from the Dino Powers. So perhaps the transfer of Ninja powers was just simpler. Another reason could be that Zordon was lying for some reason.

MattEmily
12/30/14, 12:48 AM
I don't believe Zordon was lying at all.

I believe the main reason has to do with Zordon specifically stated when he said a power transference must be carried out.

Here's the short conversation after Zordon said that a power transfer must be carried out, Tommy had asked "Is it possible?" and Zordon replied with "It is possible but very difficult, because of the enormous amounts of power required, the transfer can only be achieved in one place, you must travel to the Deserted Planet."
Secondly, Kimberly's Coin wasn't linked to her life force anymore so she wasn't as bonded with it most likely due to the power source being altered.

Captain Codfish
01/26/15, 10:07 PM
I go with the Ninja Powers working differently from the Dino Powers. Since they obviously did. If they worked the same they would have had to use the Sword of Light

Superhero Galaxy
01/26/15, 10:08 PM
They should have brought the Sword of Light back,. I am still Zordon still had it. And it wouldn't be difficult to duplicate if they lost the original prop.

Starlight Starbrite
01/26/15, 10:10 PM
I wonder if Kat ever had the powers connected to her life force? If not than what was the whole point of Ninjor doing that to the team in the first place? It only placed them in danger if their power coins were stolen.

Spike Hart
01/26/15, 10:11 PM
Maybe the powers were more powerful that way? Maybe Ninjor couldn't do it but Zordon found a way to cheat and do it. He seemed good at that. He learned to use the power coins which were also made by Ninjor. Its also possible Kat had the powers merged with her life force off screen.

Sentai Master
01/27/15, 08:59 PM
Perhaps the powers weren't fully transfered on screen. We only saw a pink energy burst. Maybe they used the Sword of Light off screen.

Usagi Reborn
01/27/15, 09:23 PM
I like Kat better anyway. Kimberly was too annoying. She was always whining about Tommy and how their relationship affected her. Then she dumps him in Zeo as soon as she moves away.

Kat was loyal and a true friend to Tommy. She ultimately became a much better girlfriend for him. Kat was more down to Earth and altrustic. i would say that I agree with the powers being different excuse.

MattEmily
12/04/17, 11:46 PM
Maybe the powers were more powerful that way? Maybe Ninjor couldn't do it but Zordon found a way to cheat and do it. He seemed good at that. He learned to use the power coins which were also made by Ninjor. Its also possible Kat had the powers merged with her life force off screen.

don't forget that Zordon had Alpha disconnect the Pink Coin from Kimberly's lfe force after he had Alpha in a search for a new source which he was able to find so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it as well.

Countdown to Destruction
12/06/17, 07:26 PM
I think its just as simple as the powers working differently.The Ninja Powers were easier to transfer.

MattEmily
12/06/17, 07:58 PM
It's a bit of both.

1. It was just Kimberly transferring her power whereas the last transfer we had 3 Rangers doing so all at once.
2. Kimberly was no longer bonded to her Ninja Coin so the Coin didn't need to bond to Kat.

Astro Omega
12/07/17, 08:21 AM
It's a bit of both.

1. It was just Kimberly transferring her power whereas the last transfer we had 3 Rangers doing so all at once.
2. Kimberly was no longer bonded to her Ninja Coin so the Coin didn't need to bond to Kat.

That seems like the best way to sum it up. Other than the
production team flying by the seat of their pants and making things up as they went a long lol.

No Green Spandex
12/07/17, 08:23 AM
I think its just as simple as the powers working differently.The Ninja Powers were easier to transfer.

I think most of us thought something was up when Jason, Trini, and Zack suddenly got new voices.

MattEmily
12/07/17, 09:45 AM
That seems like the best way to sum it up. Other than the
production team flying by the seat of their pants and making things up as they went a long lol.

not to mention we can also go by what Zordon said too but keep in mind that this was the first transfer that involved Zack, Trini and Jason

Here's the short conversation after Zordon said that a power transfer must be carried out, Tommy had asked "Is it possible?" and Zordon replied with "It is possible but very difficult, because of the enormous amounts of power required, the transfer can only be achieved in one place, you must travel to the Deserted Planet."

see the bolded and underlined parts? that tells us that the Sword was only needed because of how much power they needed to transfer.

Gosei Gold
12/07/17, 06:40 PM
Interesting find, so perhaps the Dino Powers could have been passed on the same way as Kim to Kat, if it was just one. The morphing grid seems sensitive with stuff like that.

Turbo Black
12/07/17, 06:41 PM
Im surprised the Turbo Ranges didn't need the Sword of Light when those powers were passed.

Phantom Stranger
12/07/17, 06:42 PM
The Turbo Powers were tottally different and like apples amd oranges to the first two powers. For one thing they didn't even invovle power coins. They were based off a whole different technology and nothing to do wkth Ninjor.

Massive Ego
12/07/17, 06:48 PM
The powers just being differenr has to be the answer here. It just seems like the mlst obvious answer.

Ninja Kat
12/07/17, 06:50 PM
Although this has me thinking about the time Kat rescued the Coin. Right before she becomes. Ranger and was held hostage by the big bads. I think touching the coin might have bonded herself to it. Which made it easy for Kim to just fully relinquish the powers to her by will.

Blank Ranger
12/07/17, 06:51 PM
Although this has me thinking about the time Kat rescued the Coin. Right before she becomes. Ranger and was held hostage by the big bads. I think touching the coin might have bonded herself to it. Which made it easy for Kim to just fully relinquish the powers to her by will.

So almost like the coin choose Kat as Kim's replacement before she did herself?

Blastr Zack
12/07/17, 06:52 PM
If thats the case it definitely made Kim's decision easier.

Evil Kim
12/07/17, 06:53 PM
I wonder if Kim regretted given up the powers and leaving her friends?

Super Cena
12/07/17, 06:55 PM
This gives me an idea for another thread that is a bit unrelated but ivovles Kim.

I do think the Ninja Coin was easier to transfer. Kat touching the coin probably did play at least a small role though.

MattEmily
12/07/17, 07:35 PM
Interesting find, so perhaps the Dino Powers could have been passed on the same way as Kim to Kat, if it was just one. The morphing grid seems sensitive with stuff like that.

exactly if it was 1 or 2 then it likely wouldn't have been a big deal.

Im surprised the Turbo Ranges didn't need the Sword of Light when those powers were passed.

The Turbo Powers were tottally different and like apples amd oranges to the first two powers. For one thing they didn't even invovle power coins. They were based off a whole different technology and nothing to do wkth Ninjor.

The powers just being differenr has to be the answer here. It just seems like the mlst obvious answer.

exactly the Turbo powers were made differently and because of past experiences I'm sure that's why Zordon and Alpha had made them.

So almost like the coin choose Kat as Kim's replacement before she did herself?
I don't think the Coin had anything to do with it the flash was just for our own benefit to show that it was the Pink Coin and that it was recognizing her as a good person keep in mind it saw her as evil when she stole it

I'm sure she misses her powers and her friends but I doubt she regrets making the decision she did.

Inner Senshi
12/07/17, 10:32 PM
Everything turned out well in the end . Kim got to have her gymnastics carreee and Kat got to become a Ranger.

Mojo Bulk
12/07/17, 11:00 PM
Ninjor made it so the powers could be transferred more easier.

MattEmily
12/07/17, 11:57 PM
Ninjor made it so the powers could be transferred more easier.

no he didn't since when he made the Ninja Coins it originally would've been much harder since they were linked to their life force.

Miki1988
12/08/17, 08:43 AM

She didn't. Her friends TOLD her to go to Florida and follow her dreams. Infact, Tommy was the first in line to tell her to go and support her all the way in it. Even Zordon seemed to be sharing the same opinion (for his own reasons of course).
Little did the falcon boy knew she would be going "Dear John" on him during his Zeo days. It caught off guard (and everyone else), but I guess Kim and Tommy worked it all out and decided to stay friends, or at least on good terms.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
12/08/17, 11:47 AM
She didn't. Her friends TOLD her to go to Florida and follow her dreams. Infact, Tommy was the first in line to tell her to go and support her all the way in it. Even Zordon seemed to be sharing the same opinion (for his own reasons of course).
Little did the falcon boy knew she would be going "Dear John" on him during his Zeo days. It caught off guard (and everyone else), but I guess Kim and Tommy worked it all out and decided to stay friends, or at least on good terms.

Zordon wanted Kimberly gone. She was no lonter a Ranger he trusted anymore. As she was growing beyond hos influence and wasn't as easy to control.Zordon arranged for the coach to find her. Rita just decided to make things even worse for Kim.

It all worked out for the best for Zordon. Kim ulitmately decided to go to the games and he found Kat. Who he thought of as a much better Ranger. Since she would always listen due to her guilt from when she was evil. Kat was also new and could be trained from day one.

Maligore
12/08/17, 05:42 PM
Saban was too cheap to shoot more scenes with the Sword of Light.

Astro Omega
12/08/17, 09:35 PM
The Sword was only needed for the Dino Powers.

MattEmily
12/08/17, 10:09 PM
Saban was too cheap to shoot more scenes with the Sword of Light.

simply put there was no need to since it was just a single power.

The Sword was only needed for the Dino Powers.

not quite it was needed for an enormous amount of power

MMPR Forever
12/09/17, 01:31 PM
I think you are right. It had to do with the size of the power transfer. Its too bad they didn't use the sword. Since it would have failed to pass the powers to Kat. And they woukd have realized she was still evil.

Usagi Reborn
12/09/17, 01:33 PM
If she was still evil then why did Alpha recieve a reading that the coin was in the hands of good when she found it?

No Green Spandex
12/09/17, 01:35 PM
If she was still evil then why did Alpha recieve a reading that the coin was in the hands of good when she found it?

The real question is who Zedd and Rita were stupid enough to just leave it around? Why not keep the coin instead of sending it into the River of Despair. If they really wanted to destroy it they could have done it themselves anyway.

MattEmily
12/09/17, 05:47 PM
The real question is who Zedd and Rita were stupid enough to just leave it around? Why not keep the coin instead of sending it into the River of Despair. If they really wanted to destroy it they could have done it themselves anyway.

they never said they were going to destroy it though but it would've made a lot of sense to do so.

Bandora's Ghost
12/09/17, 07:55 PM
I'm surprised they didn't put Kat under a worse evil spell and made her the evil Pink Ranger.