PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Savers: Episode 23 Chat

PrimoPiccolo
09/18/06, 03:49 AM
A really solid episode. We move the story along ever so slowly, I liked it.

Ikuto begins to feel responsible for the war between DATS and the Digimon, which only makes sense given SaberLeomon's words to him. And it's good to know Leomon wasn't forgotten so soon after his demise.

Kurata got ever more creepy as his tenure on the show continues. Boy, when anime doesn't want you to like a guy, they sure make it obvious.

I don't get why Satsuma's gotten so wimpy lately. When this all started, Satsuma was to be feared. Now he's letting that tiny tyrant who oversees DATS do all the screaming. No fair, man.

Masaru's mom cheering Ikuto up was entertaining. Just another showcase that Masaru's life was exactly what Ikuto needed to adjust to normal human contact. But I think Falcomon could use a bit more bite, he's allowing Ikuto's bad mood to affect him.

On to the fighting, and this installment had plenty of it. While it was a bit depressing to watch our old friend Zudomon do evil, it was fun to watch him in action again after all these years. MachGaogamon and Lilamon finally got to do some sparring where they weren't completely wasted by the enemy, which was sorely needed. And when Gotsumon got to Digivolve, I was floored. Now the little rockhead could finally put his pebbles where his mouth was, and he did great. His amazing speed left everyone outmatched, until Masaru thought to actually take a hit for the good of the match. A little Undo Pollen from Lilamon, and it set things up perfectly for RiseGreymon to finish the job, an excellently choreographed battle.

And now Ikuto's back home, ready to put a stop to the war between DATS and his former master Mercurimon. But what's the kid's plan? I can't wait to find out.