PDA

View Full Version : I got an idea for an AU

Horror Ranger
07/06/20, 11:27 PM
In this version Kat kills Kimberly instead of saving her and the evil spell becomes permenant. She ends up working for Rita and finding away to have her killed and Zedd sent away to deal withe the Machine Empire. Kat manuevers things so she can be put in charge while Zedd is gone. Jason, Trini, and Zack come back with their Dino Powers to fight her.

Lady Katastrophe
07/06/20, 11:28 PM
I like that idea, Kat could take on the Lady Katastrophe idenity I created.

Lord Drakkon
07/07/20, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a Coinless like universe.

Inner Senshi
07/07/20, 09:02 AM
I don't like all these ideas to make Rangers evil.

Piccolo Diamond
07/07/20, 09:03 AM
Its all in AUs though. They are not our Rangers.

TommyIsPoison
07/07/20, 09:05 AM
I feel like everyone is jumping on the Lord Drakkon bandwagon.It was a good storyline but I feel its time to move on..

Super Cena
07/07/20, 09:06 AM
So by doing an act of evil Kat makes Rita's spell permanent in this universe?.

Horror Ranger
07/07/20, 09:08 AM
Yup. I figured fan act of good freed PRU Kat, an act of evil would make the spell permanent. Not even the Zeo Crystal could save her.

Captain Codfish
07/08/20, 06:52 PM
The beauty of AU's is that you can do anything. The idea is pretty cool. Your going to have to be careful not to copy too much of the Drakkon arch though.

Miki1988
07/09/20, 08:28 AM
The whole Drakkon stuff has been overdone on YouTube as well. Not that I didn't enjoy them all, but at least somebody could make an effort to come up with an original concept.

It's probably a hard task making an original concept without time travel, interdimensional travel or AU travel concepts. For example, let's say that interdimensional travel stands for traveling between different dimensions within the same universe, and AU travel is when someone travels to, for example, same dimension but in a different universe. Distinguising between the two terms could open door for a lot of original story concepts, like using only the elements/story segments from the official TV series, but not its characters. That could lead to some great storytelling. Using the same characters over and over again isn't even interesting anymore.

Goldar Supreme
07/09/20, 08:59 AM
Thats very true. By telling the stories of those kind of stories you open yourself to a lot of potential originality.

Goldar's Revenge
07/09/20, 09:01 AM
I tend to like Fics that features the current characters and tries to expand the mythos. Or at least do some good character stuff like Ellen Brand did in Personaliry Conficts.

Scorpina Returns
07/09/20, 09:03 AM
To me using an AU for a fan fic is cheating. Its much more challenging to try something that tries to work within existing continuity.

Miki1988
07/09/20, 03:49 PM
For me, if I was a fan fic writer, I'd just probably do my own version of the existing continuity. I wouldn't make any huge changes, just some continuity fixes and story changes here and there. But that's as far as I would take the official stuff.

I would rather do an AU story where continuity of another TV show similar to Power Rangers is used with completely new characters but with the mixture of the established mythology from both PR and that other TV show. That would allow for the further building and expansion of the existing PR mythology, while expanding it further, mixing it with the mythology from the other show while bulding on and advancing the same as well. Of course, I'd try to keep the PR concept intact as much as possible.

Delta Max
07/09/20, 05:17 PM
DeltaRed used to.have a cool fan fic rewrite of Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force. Plus other tie ins and remakes.

Zabitan
07/09/20, 05:37 PM
In this version Kat kills Kimberly instead of saving her and the evil spell becomes permenant. She ends up working for Rita and finding away to have her killed and Zedd sent away to deal withe the Machine Empire. Kat manuevers things so she can be put in charge while Zedd is gone. Jason, Trini, and Zack come back with their Dino Powers to fight her.

That sounds interesting.

As for AU's I like them especially, Ultimate Power Rangers, The Power Rangers Saga, and Maswartz' Powerverse off the top of my head.

My thing is I like all those weird bits of trivia or what ifs like if Goranger was the first Sentai, and there were Power Rangers versions of all the Sentai shows.

Or if all the other Saban superhero shows were part of the same universe.

It's like I'm currently working on an AU of my own called Morphinverse that's my versions of the existing Power Rangers seasons, my versions of the other Saban superheroes, my Power Rangers versions of unused Sentai shows, and my fan made Masked Rider versions of unused Kamen Rider shows.

Power Morphers
07/09/20, 07:07 PM
Remakes and AUs always make for interesting fics.

Polly Want A Megazord
07/10/20, 09:03 AM
I could see.the evil spell working like that.