PDA

View Full Version : Trakeena sympathetic?

Maverick Ranger
05/01/20, 10:41 PM
Does anyone find it out that Trakeena was written to be sympathetic when Scorpious died? She was clearly a villian. Yet the scene where she watches her father die made the viewer feel sorry for her. She never was really written in a positive light outside of this.

Captain Codfish
05/01/20, 10:43 PM
I think they just made her a more three dimensional villain in that scene. She was always evil, she just genuinely loved her father. Its hard to do a scene like that without making the audience care about the villain at least a little bit.

Massive Ego
05/01/20, 10:44 PM
Trakeena was so lame before this. This arch made her a very interesting character.

Maligore
05/01/20, 10:44 PM
It was just because Saban was too cheap to keep her father around.

Powermaster
05/04/20, 05:26 PM
It was a pretty interesting part of Trakeena's arch. Its not something we usually see in PR, unless the villain turns good.

Red Lightstar Ranger
05/11/20, 11:08 AM
I really liked that aspect. It made her a more well rounded character. Something we don't always get from PR villians. Although we started to more often in that era. It was especially good since Trakeena started out as more of an annoying character in the beginning. That episode is where she really came into her own as the true main villain of Lost Galaxy.

Decepticon
05/11/20, 05:01 PM
It was her father. Of course she was gonna be sad.

Disney Princess
05/11/20, 05:10 PM
Trakeena was evil and was never sympathetic.

Starlight Starbrite
05/11/20, 05:12 PM
I felt more sorry for Scorpious actually. Since he got totally played by Deviot and it led to his demise. Plus Deviot got away with it and didn't meet his end until the finale.

Massive Ego
05/11/20, 05:17 PM
This is also why I loved this era of Power Rangers.

MMPR Forever
05/11/20, 05:23 PM
I felt more sorry for Scorpious actually. Since he got totally played by Deviot and it led to his demise. Plus Deviot got away with it and didn't meet his end until the finale.

I didn't feel sorry for him at all. He was evil and would have destroyed the coloney .

Wild Bore
05/11/20, 08:09 PM
I get what they were trying for, but didn't buy it . Trakeena was nothing but a spoiled brat and had no character depth. They had to have her merge with Deviot in the end to even be a true threat.

Dustin Dude
05/14/20, 09:30 AM
It was hard to do a scene like that without feeling sorry for Scorpious and Trakeena.

Zordon's Legacy
05/16/20, 09:19 AM
Its really interesting how they set it up so Trakeena could have been redeemed but also evil until the end. Multiple ways to end the character.

Dino Blaze
05/16/20, 09:32 AM
Trakeena was a boring villain to me.