PDA

View Full Version : Why did Zordon leave Earth?

Red With Evil
11/04/17, 07:10 PM
Its even more baffling than when he let the MMPR era Rangers just leave during a conflict. He left the planet itself ,just to go home.

Goldar's Revenge
11/04/17, 07:13 PM
Zordon's location had been compromised after Rita's escape in season 1. It only brought more more bad guys to Earth. And worse escalated the conflict between the UAE and the forces of good Zordon had to get bwck to Eltar for the sake of the galaxy. And really did Earth a favor, Spector would have invaded. Plus Dimitria was a good mentor to get the zRangers out of their comfort zone to become stronger and independent. Which they would need to be if anything happened to Zordon.

Sailor Saban
11/04/17, 07:14 PM
Saban decidee that Zordon 's time on the show was over.

Lightspeed Solarzord
11/04/17, 07:16 PM
It likely wasn't Saban whon made the call, but I wonder why Bob left the series? Especially with him coming back for am re-occurring role in Space.

Turbo Black
11/04/17, 07:19 PM
The quest to find Zordon in Space would have meant movie if he had stayed to mentor the second Turbo Team. Instead he was just some guy that was there when they got their powers, who they heard was a big deal.

Zordon's Legacy
11/04/17, 07:21 PM
It didn't really matter since the quest meant something to the viewer and was treated like a big deal for the newbies. And it was implied Andros had a prior protege type relationship with Zordon.

Astro Delta
11/04/17, 07:23 PM
Plus its not like its a stretch to see that the Turbos had been told that he was a big deal. Just like how they were briefed on Divatox and the past villains.

Phantom Stranger
11/04/17, 07:26 PM
New Rangers in the early seasons were commonly briefed off screen about those type of things.

Zabitan
11/04/17, 07:50 PM
The INS finally caught up with him after all those years of recruiting random teenagers to be Rangers, and the events of Alpha's magical Christmas.

Serious answer maybe he had some psychic vision of his own death, and wanted to go home one last time before it happened.

MattEmily
11/05/17, 07:30 AM
New Rangers in the early seasons were commonly briefed off screen about those type of things.

not always since the first replacements hadn't been told about Scorpina

The INS finally caught up with him after all those years of recruiting random teenagers to be Rangers, and the events of Alpha's magical Christmas.

Serious answer maybe he had some psychic vision of his own death, and wanted to go home one last time before it happened.

LOL very funny.

Yes your serious answer is probably the most accurate perhaps he got a vision of what the Blue Senturion's Millennium Message was supposed to be telling Dimitria before the end of it became unplayable to the chip being damaged.

Superstatler
11/05/17, 09:57 AM
Oddly enough they seemed to be briefed on Rita and Zedd but no Scorpina.

Ultra Fan Blue
11/05/17, 09:58 AM
Probably because Zedd and Rita were actively attscking Earth and Scoprina was mia.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/05/17, 10:05 AM
Scorpina only made Zedd think she was working for him. Zordon secretly hired Scorpina to test Adam. This is why the newbies weren't briefed on her.As a reward for her work Scorpina was pardoned and granted Asylum on Eltar. Which is why we never saw her again.

Forever Lame
11/05/17, 08:33 PM
Because he wanted to go home and figured the Rangers were strong enough without him. Dimitria was brought in to help and mentor the newbies after the transfer

KimandTommy
11/06/17, 08:51 AM
Maybe he finally realized Kat was evil and Tommy refused to let him fire her. So Zordon left hoping Dimitria could convince him.

No Green Spandex
11/06/17, 10:11 AM
He got sick of dealing with Tommy in general.

Sentai Envy
11/06/17, 12:17 PM
To Denounce the evils of America Sentai

To extend her reach to the html codes around

Sentai Snobs move at the speed of Goggle Fiber

Original Footage, thats not right!

Zordon shouldn't even had existed much less lasted four seasons. Barza ended his run in one series.

White Spandex Rules
11/06/17, 04:12 PM
I think there was a big problem on Eltar. And the fact they were later invaded, makes it very likely.

Knights of Ren
11/06/17, 04:38 PM
Thats got to be the reason it was so important to get back to Eltar. We know their was major galaxy issues between the forces of good and UAE.

A Gia To Remember
11/06/17, 04:49 PM
Zordon wanted to go home and knew the Rangers were in good hands with Dimitria. Unfortunately he got captured at the end or the same year.

Zordon Prime
11/06/17, 07:14 PM
It was a dumb idea by the production team. Since Power Rangers isn't the same without Zordon.

But in universe, its most likely to do with Zordon needing to get back to Eltar to oversee the war with Specter more closely.

Zabitan
12/15/17, 05:03 PM
LOL very funny.

Yes your serious answer is probably the most accurate perhaps he got a vision of what the Blue Senturion's Millennium Message was supposed to be telling Dimitria before the end of it became unplayable to the chip being damaged.

I kind of wish we had spoiler tags because I also can't help if it was similar to Thor Ragnarok having a twist with the Ragnarok prophecy.

PRangerX
12/15/17, 07:18 PM
I kind of wish we had spoiler tags because I also can't help if it was similar to Thor Ragnarok having a twist with the Ragnarok prophecy.

You could always go old school and use spoiler space. Thor's been out for awhile anyway.

Blank Ranger
12/15/17, 07:24 PM
He felt Dimitria was an adequate replacement.

Samurai Forever
12/15/17, 07:30 PM
I never understood the reason behind this. It ended up being a bad decision since he was captured on Eltar without the Rangers to protect him.

Zabitan
12/15/17, 07:33 PM
You could always go old school and use spoiler space. Thor's been out for awhile anyway.

I didn't think about that.

I think it part of it is that Zordon got a vision of his own death along with the events of In Space, and he went back to Eltar to prevent them but then those events happened anyway, and he had another vision that proved that he was supposed to die to release the good energy to counter act Dark Spector's evil energy.

As for why I was worried about spoiling Thor Ragnarok it's because they have a similar twist where Thor goes back to Asgard because he has visions of it's destruction only to realize that he's not supposed to prevent Ragnarok but cause it since Asgard is the source of Hela's powers, and it's okay as long as the Asgardian people are around.

Captain Codfish
12/16/17, 08:17 AM
Thats a good comparison. I do think its possible Zordon had some type of premonition.

A Gia To Remember
12/16/17, 05:45 PM
I think he was really just homesick and figured the Rangers had it covered with Dimitria. He let the older Rangers go to persue other things so he wasn't a hypocrite.

MattEmily
12/16/17, 06:14 PM

we do have spoiler tags remember?

here it is http://pro-board.org/showthread.php?t=6101

Zabitan
12/16/17, 06:39 PM
Oh yeah I forgot.

MMPR Supreme
12/16/17, 09:58 PM
Zordon should never have left Earth or been written off the show. It wasn't believable that he would leave while Earth was under attack. The wormhole plot was too convenient.