PDA

View Full Version : Did the Rangers left Kat off the hook too easy?

Kimberly Cares
04/24/17, 02:18 PM
I mean they didn't know her very well and they had no reason to know if he's story was legit. Heck, she could have been some crazy girl that had no involvement in anything..I wouldn't have trusted her right away if I was Kimberly. For all she know Rita still controlled her..I wouldn't have trusted her with my power coin either.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
04/24/17, 02:23 PM
Zordon didn't trust her. It was always his plan to let her get captured so Rita and Zedd could.take care of her for him without upsetting the Rangers. Since he knew they trusted her. Things just worked out for the best when Kat found the coin and proved she was good ( they knew the coin was in the hands of good when she grabbed it). Zordon then manipulated Kim into leaving and decided to make Kat a RAnger. As he finally found a suitable replacement for Kim who he wanted to get rid off badly by this point. Ironically the very person he just a short time ago wanted to get rid of worse.

Superstatler
04/24/17, 02:41 PM
It didn't take much to put the pieces together once Kat told her story. And the Rangers did feel like they knew her. Kat saved Kim and proved she was trustworthy. Especially after she risked her life in the swap . She even got the Pink Power Coin back and willingly gave it back. The Ranger s knew first hand the power Rita's spells could have on people. Especially Tommy, who arguable did far worse than Kat in a shorter span of time.

Spike Hart
04/24/17, 05:33 PM
The MMPR Rangers were pretty forgiving, especially when it came to evil spells.

Horror Ranger
04/24/17, 05:40 PM
Realistically they should have been more cautious with her. But the Rangers were very trusting and forgiven back then.

Rangerlord
04/24/17, 06:13 PM
They knew she was an innocent victim.

Superstatler
04/24/17, 08:54 PM
Also Zordon would have tipped them off if she was not on the up and up. They listened to Zordon.

Hexagon Ranger
04/24/17, 09:12 PM
The Rangers knew Kat was good..Besides saving Kim and breaking the spell herself met she was truly good.

Call Titanus
04/24/17, 09:27 PM
Rita's evil spells made people do.horrible things. Its amazing Kat broke it on her own.

MattEmily
04/25/17, 02:11 AM
I mean they didn't know her very well and they had no reason to know if he's story was legit. Heck, she could have been some crazy girl that had no involvement in anything..I wouldn't have trusted her right away if I was Kimberly. For all she know Rita still controlled her..I wouldn't have trusted her with my power coin either.

not at all I mean think about it her situation was pretty much identical to Tommy's the only difference is he was openly evil when he was under Rita's spell whereas she was trying to hide it and as we all know she told the others the truth about Rita's plan to attack Tommy from the inside which was confirmed to be true so if they had any suspicions about her they would've ended right then and there also keep in mind that when the good Kat had gotten the Pink Coin back from Rita it was Alpha himself who had CONFIRMED that it was in the hands of good again.

Hailey Hartford
04/25/17, 06:48 AM
I honestly think not only did they let her off way too easily, Saban missed a plothole there too. In the next episode which was Kat's first as Kimberly's replacement, they could of kept her evil yet with the Pink Ranger's powers. She still had power left over from the spell. Its how she could read Rita's mind. The spell was made stronger by Kat's jealousy of Kim's relationship with Tommy.

Delta Black
04/25/17, 08:14 AM
Thats an interesting point. I don't blame the Rangers for trusting Kat after she came clean and found the Pink Power Coin. But that absolutely was a plot point the writers could have explored. The leftover Rita powers lingering over Kat as you say. I almost think the writers were going to go in that direction but plans were changed to where they didn't go all the way with it.

Also good catch on the jealously angle making the evil spell more powerful. It makes sense as to why Kat acted on her own when Rita had no standing order to break up the relationship. When it was her own jealousy messing with the spell. Which ironically could have created the opportunity for Kat to break the spell...Since it created a backdoor for more emotions to effect the spell.

Kody's Pride
04/25/17, 11:08 AM
She was under an evil spell. It wasn't her fault and the Rangers knew this.

KimandTommy
04/25/17, 11:15 AM
A thousand times yes! Kat was evil to the core! Spell or no spell. There was no reason to believe her story after she lied to them for so long. She should have been sentenced to the Well of Dispair by Zordon himself. She was so evil even Lord Zedd and Rita wanted her gone.

MMPR Forever
04/25/17, 11:16 AM
I don't see what Tommy saw in her..

No Green Spandex
04/25/17, 11:17 AM
Funny because I don't see what she saw in Tommy lol.

Tommy Hater
04/25/17, 11:18 AM
Probably because of his stupid long hair.