PDA

View Full Version : Lightspeed should have been a Space Season

Astro Omega
01/26/17, 07:01 PM
It was a big mistake not to make Lightspeed a sequel to In Space or Galaxy.

Hailey Hartford
01/26/17, 07:01 PM
This I don't agree with. I felt they did an amazing job with as it was.

No Space Spandex
01/26/17, 07:26 PM
That would have been a big mistake. I was sick of space themes at that point. Power Rangers needed to go back to Earth. Lightspeed was great the way it was.

fryguy81
01/27/17, 02:16 PM
I think making Lost Galaxy a space season was a mistake. Tying it into In Space-ish continuity as a bridge gap was fine but there are times I struggle with the idea of a colony space ship with roads and sky scrapers and zords tearing through the ground... on a space ship.

Lightspeed was fine the way it was.

Hexagon Ranger
01/27/17, 06:54 PM
A Space Season would have been cool. But I really like Lightspeed Rescue as it was. I just wish they mentioned that Lightspeed got its powers from Zordon or Tommy. We know Hexagon was probably invovled though.

Space Seasons
01/27/17, 07:01 PM
It would have been cool if it would have been about why the Space Rangers had to go back to Earth. Thats what the teaser preview to the season made me think of. Of course the Megaship would have been a second megaship since the original remained with the Galaxy Rangers, before beig destroyed.

Destiny Defeated
01/27/17, 11:49 PM
I think it should have taken place on Mirinoi.

Mitchell's Navy
01/27/17, 11:53 PM
Lightspeed was fine just the way it was. It was a well produced Power Rangers Season.

I Love Lothor
01/28/17, 08:14 AM
They should have made it about a bunch of teens recruited to become Lightspeed Rangers. Do that and make the villains more funny...And then younhave a much better season.

Goldar's Revenge
01/28/17, 08:19 AM
Lightspeed was an attempt to slmplify things and go back to a more grounded Power Rangers season. It is actually quite good when you don't worry about it being divorced from continuity. Or at least filling like it, even if it is in the regular PRU.

OO was just a medicore season that never really took advantage of its adventure concept. It slaved to Sentai Footage like most Kalish seasons. It also featured a lot of characters that weee very unlikable due to their poor writing.

And no they intent was not for Overdrive to be a sequel to Lightspeed Rescue or a season done in its spirit.

Kameron Poe
01/28/17, 12:31 PM
It would have been hard to adapt the GoGoV footage into a Space Season. Mostly due to the mecha/zords. At least the Galaxy Beasts could be written to travel through Space.

Roman Ranger
01/28/17, 12:43 PM
They probably wanted to go simplier after all the trouble it took to turn Gingamen into a Space Power Rangers Season.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
01/28/17, 12:46 PM
If Carter doesn't hog the spotlight, I am in.

Turbo Guy
01/28/17, 12:51 PM
They should have made it about a bunch of teens recruited to become Lightspeed Rangers. Do that and make the villains more funny...And then younhave a much better season.

That would have been cool. They could have brought back Black Foster as.a.teenage Justin. He could have led the team.

Green Nightwolf Koragg
01/28/17, 01:03 PM
Every season can't be a Space Season. We are luck we got Galaxy.

Jen's Revenge
01/29/17, 07:12 AM
I would have just liked something with better writing and characterization. But we got that the next season with Time force.

Lightspeed Rescue
01/29/17, 07:20 AM
This would have would have ruined Lightspeed Rescue. Which was already the best season. I wouldn't change anything about it. The only thing I would change is for there to be more episodes or seasons of it.

Mystic Magic
01/29/17, 01:19 PM
I think Lightspeed should have just been the best season it could be I think the problem is there were too many fillers. The Rangers and Villains weren't very interesting.

Space Hero
01/29/17, 01:44 PM
Astro is right. Lightspeed should continued the New Space Tradition. I think the zords could have been explained by saying they could be teleported through Space Portals. Its not like they showed exactly how the Galactabeasts went from planet to planet.

MMPR Forever
01/29/17, 02:08 PM
Lightspeed should have been more like MMPR. But they went in the opposite direction.

MattEmily
01/29/17, 04:10 PM
It would have been hard to adapt the GoGoV footage into a Space Season. Mostly due to the mecha/zords. At least the Galaxy Beasts could be written to travel through Space.

exactly this. Making Lightspeed a Space season would have been way too difficult with most of the zords excluding the Max Solarzord and the Omegazords plus you had the demons who were attacking Mariner Bay because humans had built their palace on top of it plus the demons were trapped within a tomb. All of those things would've been difficult to adapt.

Also regarding the poster who wanted the demons to be more comedic and more hilarious that would be a definite and resounding no. They're demons they're supposed to be evil, vile and ruthless and take no mercy from anyone they are creatures that are not supposed to be funny at all.

Turbo Guy
01/30/17, 03:35 PM
The Lightsleed villains should have been more funny. Power Rangers villains are at their best when they are whacky and funny. Its why Turbo was ao good. I personally love when PR is whacky.

Lightspeed Zeo
01/30/17, 03:37 PM
You already had enough comic relief with Joel and sometimes Kelsey. The villains didn't need to be funny. Jinxer was pretty whacky though. I think Lightspeed had the perfect balence of drama and fun.

MMPR Forever
01/30/17, 03:39 PM
The villains being more funny would have made the show more accessible to MMPR fans.

KimandTommy
01/30/17, 03:40 PM
I don't know why so many fans want a fun show like Power Rangers to be dark and gritty? Lightspeed was pretty boring.

Kimberly Cares
01/30/17, 03:43 PM
The villains just needed more personality. But so did Lightspeed itself.

MattEmily
01/30/17, 03:48 PM
The Lightsleed villains should have been more funny. Power Rangers villains are at their best when they are whacky and funny. Its why Turbo was ao good. I personally love when PR is whacky.

I disagree and besides which there's a right time and the wrong time to use comedic villains. Lightspeed would've been the WRONG time to do such a thing since they were demons they were not supposed to be funny they were supposed to be taken serious.

You already had enough comic relief with Joel and sometimes Kelsey. The villains didn't need to be funny. Jinxer was pretty whacky though. I think Lightspeed had the perfect balence of drama and fun.

I completely agree except for Jinxer since I really didn't find him that whacky. I did find Joel to be a comedic character. Kelsey? not really except for that goofy thing with her coming up with that crazy plan that succeeded in rescuing Nancy.

I don't know why so many fans want a fun show like Power Rangers to be dark and gritty? Lightspeed was pretty boring.

I don't want the show to be gritty but it'd be nice for it to be dark. Not dark and gritty like that fan-made Power Rangers movie but dark like Time Force, Wild Force, Dino Thunder and RPM were. There's that right balance of darkness and comedy in all 4 seasons.

Rangerlord
01/30/17, 10:30 PM
I do think the Space Powers were studied and reverse engineered by Lightspeed.

Shadowhawk
01/30/17, 10:49 PM
I really like the Space Seasons too. But I also really like Lightspeed Rescue.

MattEmily
01/31/17, 08:04 AM
I do think the Space Powers were studied and reverse engineered by Lightspeed.

thing is that really wouldn't work since Captain Mitchell had been training Dana to become a Lightspeed Ranger for 18 years which would've been even before Zordon recruited Zack, Kimberly, Billy, Trini and Jason to become his team of Power Rangers.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/31/17, 12:12 PM
Lightspeed was working for Zordon long before MMPR. Zordon knew he Demons would be a threat and recruited CaptaIn Mitchell to personally oversee the Ranger Program after the accident with Ryan.