PDA

View Full Version : Should Wild Force Be considered a Saban Season?

Sailor Saban
01/21/17, 07:16 PM
I know Disney already owned the show....But it felt like a Saban Season. The same production team was also there. They also still shot in Valencia. Plus they had "Forever Red" to basically rnd the Saban Era.

mbozzo
01/22/17, 03:33 PM
Wild Force should be considered the last of the first Saban era season. Saban started Wild Force to be the last of the Power Rangers series. Ninja Storm was the first official Disney Power Rangers series. ;)

Goldar's Revenge
01/22/17, 04:02 PM
Wild Force is a Disney season .They already bought Power Rangers during Times Force's post production. And even had some influence on that. They definitely had influence over Wild Force. Its just the same production team was there and they still shot in the same place. Just because more changes were made with Ninja Storm doesn't mean a Disney owned Season can be part of the old Saban Era. Its not like every season in the old Saban Era was always the same tone.

White Tiger Fan
01/22/17, 04:09 PM
I'd rather consider it a Bhaumik Era Season. Since Amit wasn't in charge of the earlier Saban Seasons and of course not the Disney Era. I really wish Saban Brands put him in charge of the Neo Saban Era. They made him a consultant in Samurai but he had no real power and they didn't even keep him around.

Captain Codfish
01/22/17, 04:20 PM
Its not Saban era . But it alsonis really only Disney era in name only. Even though Disney owned the show and had influence.....There was still enough of the old guard there to make it different..If anythinf you could call it an MMPR Productions season.

MattEmily
01/22/17, 04:36 PM
Now I know Saban had started pre-production on Wild Force and likely even did some casting before Disney completely took over but regardless of that and the fact that Saban's production team was still working on the show I don't believe it should be considered a Saban season.

Yes Disney allowed the team to do whatever it wanted (well within reason of course) but they also had to follow Disney's censorship rules.

Wild Force Rider
01/22/17, 04:43 PM
I doesn't really matter to me since its was so good. But I guess it was a hybrid season.

PRangerX
01/22/17, 04:50 PM
I can understand why people are hesitant to call it a Disney Era season. Even though I am inclined to call it a Saban Season..I know it can't be officially considered that. You can't deny that it is different than the other Disney seasons. It is a bit different than some of the Saban Seasons too.Its Power Rangers wierd stepchild.

Rangerlord
01/22/17, 05:09 PM
Its hard not to consider it a Saban Season. Not just because of MMPR Productions (even though Lynn and Marchand were gone and Bhaumik in). But mainly because of "Forever Red" and all the connections to the Saban Era there. It was almost would be series finalie if Wild Force was the end. It was also the last in the longest slcycle for team ups. Which were scarce in the Disney and even Neo Saban Era.

Storm Hater
01/23/17, 12:36 AM
I consider it a Saban Season. Just based on tone and the production team being largely that same. It was certainly better than that crappy Ninja Storm.

Lothor's Revenge
01/23/17, 12:39 AM
Ninja Storm was way better than Wild Force. Wild Force is just boring and bland. Ninja Storm is one of the best seasons of Power Rangers.

Gosei Gold
01/23/17, 03:33 PM
The thing is... Saban is just a name. We know be mainly just owned and financed the show. There was many other names that were invovled. So Saban Era just referred to those names. Even with Jackie and Judd gone, MMPR PRoductions was still around. So Wild Force is still a Saban Season. Even its not a Saban Entertainment season.

Delta Black
01/23/17, 03:36 PM
It is a Disney Season since Disney owned it and Saban was gone.

Saban Fan
01/23/17, 03:38 PM
I think Saban did a lot more than that. He created the show and it wasn't the same without him. MMPR Productions was able to keep things largely the samefor a year but it all changed after that.

Bandai Guy
01/23/17, 04:27 PM
Saban had no invovlement with Wild Force. So its not a Saban Series. Its an MMPR Productions series if you want to differentiate it from the other Disney Seasons.

Bratty Katty
01/23/17, 05:03 PM
Who cares, it was so bad... Its not worth worrying about.

Zordon's Heroes
01/23/17, 05:56 PM
I prefer to go with Zordon Era, Post Zordon Erax and Post Red Era (short for "Forever Red").

Bandai Guy
01/23/17, 06:48 PM
I don't go that root since the show was still under the same management in the so called post Zordon era..

Kimberly Cares
01/23/17, 06:59 PM
Its a Saban Series. I liked Wold Force because they tried to bring back the fun. Even though NS did it better.

Superhero Galaxy
01/24/17, 04:33 PM
Its definitely a Saban Season. No matter who owned it....I just can't consider it a Disney Season. It just doesn"t feel right.

PRangerX
01/24/17, 04:42 PM
Like I tried to say earlier, there is a lot of ways to view this. Since there is an arguement to be made eitherway. I have a hard time saying either side is really wrong. I do think Wold Force should at least get an asterisks if yoh consider it a Disney Season. But you could argue it needs one as a Saban Season too. So it shows why the choice is not as easy at it may seem.

Ninja Storm Fan
01/24/17, 07:55 PM
Ninja Storm blows Willd Force out of the water.

Time Force Traitor
01/29/17, 06:45 AM
I personally consider it a Saban Season.

Mystic Magic
01/29/17, 01:26 PM
Its definitely a Disney owned Saban Series. If that makes any sense.

Space Hero
01/29/17, 01:41 PM
I'm surprised they didn't go back to a Space Theme. Gaoranger reminds me of Gingamen. Maybe its because Lynn was gone?

No Green Spandex
01/29/17, 01:52 PM
Gingamen to Galaxy was one in a million. Gingamen was not converted to a Space Season just because it was a nature sentai. This notion that everything should be a Space Season is also not that case.

Crazy Kelsey
02/01/17, 12:34 PM
I consider Wild Force a Disney Season. With the asterisk that MMPR Productions was still in charge.