PDA

View Full Version : What if Wild Force was the last season?

Superstatler
01/17/17, 02:14 PM
If "End of Power Rangers" really was the end...What would have happened to the Power Rangers franchise?

Massive Ego
01/17/17, 02:15 PM
We would have been saved from all the crap that came later.

Disney Ranger
01/17/17, 02:18 PM
It would have been a shame since the Disney era was so awesome! MMPR would have been the only memorable season.

I Love Lothor
01/17/17, 02:19 PM
I don't even want to to think about it since we wouldn't have Ninja Storn.

Ninja Storm Fan
01/17/17, 02:22 PM
The best season ever not being made? That would have been terrible! I wouldn't have any reason to care about Power Rangers. Since I am a Ninja Storm Fan.

Sentai Is Forever
01/17/17, 02:25 PM
Toei would have found a way to export Super Sentai whole and on its own. American Sentai would be a lot better. Even though Kalish and Tzachor had the right ideas. It still woukd have been better tonget Sentai dubbed as it is.

Inner Senshi
01/17/17, 02:26 PM
Power Rangers woukd have ended forever and it would have been a shame.

Goldar's Revenge
01/17/17, 02:38 PM
Power Rangers was still established enough as a brand by that point. Never underestimate the power of nostalgia. It may have taken longer than after RPM but he franchise would have been back I some form.

I am sure Toei would have tried to get Disney to do something since they had a stake in all this. They could have given the rights to someone else to produce an American Toku with their footage. But Disney could have also been woken up to the value the brand had. And if they don't, its possible Saban buys the brand back for even cheaper. Perhaps even earlier in this senario. Or some other group could have.

The brand would not have been gone forever. And would have resurfaced in some form by now.

Ginger Snap
01/17/17, 02:47 PM
It would have been pretty bad for the franchise. I don't know of we would have Power Rangers anymore. But you guys no more than me.

Samurai Forever
01/17/17, 02:50 PM
Well the show came back after RPM so it would have probably come back again.

Sailor Saban
01/17/17, 02:52 PM
Saban would have bought the show back once he realized Disney didn't galue it. Disney wouldn't turn down the money for something they didn't care about..Especially if Toei was given them a hard time. Saban would have brought the show back when he could.

Sentai Snob
01/17/17, 02:55 PM
It would have been awesome!. Since Toei would finally be free of American Sentai and could export Super Sentai fully. We wouldnhe getting dubbed Sentai ever season. The toy companies wouldn't care.as long as they coukld seldl more toys. I think kids would like Super Sentai better anyway. You guys would all be Sentai Snobs like the rest of us.

Power Rangers Forever
01/17/17, 02:58 PM
I don't think dubbed Sentai would be more popular than Power Rangers in the West. The current format is nuch more exportable for Toei. Losing Power Rangers would not be good for Toei either and would have hurt Super Sentai internationally. I would have continued to watch Super Sentai. But losing Power Rangers would have still left a void.

Time Force Rules
01/17/17, 07:56 PM
Its not susprising the show almost ended. Wild Force was so bad after Time Force. It probably drove a lot of viewers away. Disney should have kept Time Force going.

Goldar's Revenge
01/17/17, 08:32 PM
Thats not true, ratings were down in Time Force too. And has been since LG's second half. Time Force was never going to go beyond a season. Wild Force wasnalmost the end because of this sale of Saban Entertainment. The astronomical production costs and the fact Disney bought it on accident are what caused them to cancel the series. Luckily Sloan and Austen quicklyly changed their minds to continue with Ninja Storm afterall.

Roman Ranger
01/17/17, 11:27 PM
Power Rangers would have died if it weren't for Doug Sloan and Ann Austen. Just like it would have after RPM if it werent for Saban.

Zordon's Legacy
01/17/17, 11:54 PM
I don't see Toei and Bandai letting it die. If Disney or Saban refused to produce more Power Rangers, the later companies would have broked some deal to have someone buy Power Rangers from Disney.

Chef Mia
01/18/17, 12:40 PM
Power Rangers would have ended on a whimper. Luckily that didn't happen. I have always felt lucky we have had PR for as long as we have. Even when RPM was almost the end we still had the revision.

Ginger Snap
01/21/17, 06:59 PM
I know I sure would hate to have the last decade plus erased.

Space Hero
01/21/17, 07:00 PM
If they would have stuck with Space themes the show never would have been in danger of ending. Permanent Space Seasons would have been a huge hit.

Cassidy Casablancas
01/21/17, 07:03 PM
Well the show came back after RPM so it would have probably come back again.

I wouldn't be so sure. If they decide to cancel PR back then it would have been finished for good.

No Space Spandex
01/21/17, 07:05 PM
If they would have stuck with Space themes the show never would have been in danger of ending. Permanent Space Seasons would have been a huge hit.

The Space Seasons are what caused it to almost end. They changed the series way too much and made it unwatchable. If they stuck with Space , Power Rangers would have been cancelled sooner than Wild Force.

Goldar's Revenge
01/21/17, 07:12 PM
Thats not true. Space Hero over inflates the importance or the the space seasons. But In Space was just as sucessfull as Turbo. The ratings were the highest they had ever been during LG's first half. The second half nose dived because of lack of promotion to give more promos for Digimon. Also the first half was a mess storywise and might have caused people not to see the superb second half. LR-WF still had low ratings and did worse than n Space. The Space seem did not kill Power Rangers. The over sentaification and adherence to eastsrn storytelling troupes damaged the show. Last but not least, the insane production costs that Disney didn't by Saban Entertainment to deal with.

Storm Hater
01/23/17, 12:28 AM
At least we would have been spared Ninja Storm.

RJ Wolf Ranger
01/23/17, 11:17 PM
We would have missed out on a lot of great seasons. I am glad Doug and Ann saved the show. Like Saban Brands would again years later.

Jen's Revenge
01/28/17, 01:05 PM
I think the show would have had a break and returned a few years later.