PDA

View Full Version : Jason should have stayed in Turbo

Forever Jason
01/14/17, 12:43 PM
They should have signed Austin St. John to stay on the main cast with Turbo. Steve Cardensa left and Jason is a better character replacement the Justin.

Tommy Hater
01/14/17, 12:57 PM
They should have just replaced Tommy with Jason and Rocky with someone else.

KimandTommy
01/14/17, 01:00 PM
I agree with replacing Rocky with Jason. But no way should they have replaced Tommy. Write off Kat instead and bring back Kimberly. Thats what they should have done.

MMPR Forever
01/14/17, 01:01 PM
After Zeo failed they should have just brought back the MMPR cast and the old Powers.

Maligore
01/14/17, 01:02 PM
Saban was too cheap to do that..

Usagi Reborn
01/15/17, 01:06 AM
He brought him back the second time. So I wouldn't say it had to do with money.

MattEmily
01/15/17, 02:35 AM
They should have signed Austin St. John to stay on the main cast with Turbo. Steve Cardensa left and Jason is a better character replacement the Justin.

yea they should have but they wanted to 1. try to capture the kid magic from Beetleborgs and 2. having a kid as a Ranger was I believe Shuki's idea so the writers had no control over anything.

After Zeo failed they should have just brought back the MMPR cast and the old Powers.

yea that would've been a nice idea but it wouldn't have been possible.

Saban was too cheap to do that..

It's not a question of them being cheap since they were shooting even more original footage than they did with Zeo. Zeo ended up using a ton of Sentai footage whereas with Turbo we pretty much just had the monster and zord fights as Sentai footage practically everything else (minus the Giant Porto fight in early Turbo, Elgar's vehicles, evil zords and the Space Base's exterior and Zord Hangar) was original so shooting original footage, creating original sets and creating new villains like Maligore, the Piranhatrons and the Putrid Pods they are not as you claim "cheap."

Movie Ranger
01/15/17, 03:36 PM
I think the film's budget helped as they were able to use some of the props and morphing sequences during the first half of Turbo.

Zeo Power
01/15/17, 03:37 PM
I do wish they continued Zeo if they were going to use so much more original footage in Turbo.

Lightspeed Zeo
01/15/17, 03:39 PM
Continuing Zeo would have been the best idea. Even if you had to switch to the Turbo Zords. And even the villans but they were original anyway. So there is no reason why Zedd and Rita couldn't be back. They already did original footage of them in Zeo.

MMPR Forever
01/15/17, 03:40 PM
If they did so much original footage then there is no reasons why they couldn't bring back MMPR. The second movie would have been a great place to relaunch it.

Turbo Guy
01/15/17, 03:42 PM
Turbo wouldn't be the same without Justin. He made the whole season for me. Jason could have come back as Phantom Ranger.

Gold Ranger In Danger
01/15/17, 03:43 PM
Continuing Zeo with Jason as Gold would be great. But that would require rewriting the Zeo Finale too.

Forever Jason
01/15/17, 03:44 PM
There are lots of ways Jason could have been retained. But using Justin as an excuse doesn't work for me. Jason is much more important than Justin.

Super Cena
01/15/17, 03:47 PM
They could have continued the old cast much longer if they just replace Frank with St John. As that would have fit with retaining the others. Replacing whatever actors did decide to leave. Power Rangers could have explored college life.

Lothor's Revenge
01/15/17, 04:32 PM
I think it was time for anchange with new characters. Jason already had his return. The transition to the new Turbo Rangers was much needed.

Turbo Guy
01/16/17, 12:21 PM
The old Rangers were great in Turbo but so were the new ones. At leasr Justin was there to bridge the two teams.

Hexagon Ranger
01/16/17, 12:24 PM
Jason likely went through a depression after losing his powers. The after-effects of the Gold Ranger Powers would have taking a toll on his body. Which would have led to his disenchantment with Tommy and later Hexagon. Its likely Emily broke up with him on top of all this. Any attempt to get close to Kim romantically was probably rejected.

PRangerX
01/16/17, 12:31 PM
Continuing Zeo would have been the best idea. Even if you had to switch to the Turbo Zords. And even the villans but they were original anyway. So there is no reason why Zedd and Rita couldn't be back. They already did original footage of them in Zeo.

When Zeo first started I assumed it would be around for a few years like MMPR. Since they made such a big deal about Zeo and MMPR lasted that long. I also didnt have full knowledge of the year to year nature of Super Sentai. Which Power Rangers only started to emulate with Zeo.

I was surprised when the new movie was changing powers so soon. Especially since the plot didn't seem to jive with some of the let over plot points in Zeo. Of course, I can now see why they chose to change things up so soon ..Given the nature of Sentai and the costs it would take to do a second Zeo Season with Carranger. They werent spending MMPR money again. Even if Turbo did do more original footage than Zeo. Plus Zeo ratings failed, so they wanted to move on again.

I will say a second Zeo Season would have been great but I wouldn't want it to rewrite Space. They second half of Turbo was key to setting In Space up.

On a sidenote related to this thread. I talready mentioned that I thought Jason and Emily were going to replace Tommy and Kat the following season.

Forever Jason
01/16/17, 12:33 PM
That would have been so cool! But thats not surprisng to you guys if you have read my posts before.

KimandTommy
01/16/17, 12:35 PM
If that had to happen , Kim needed to come back. Even though she wasn't evil, Emily looked too much like Kat. And having Kim back would ease the loss of Tommy. Which would still be devastating..Hopefully Tommy and Kat would still break up. With Timmy and Kim having a long distance relationship until they meet again.

Powermaster
01/16/17, 12:47 PM
Jason would have been a worthy replacement. Not sure about Emily. Since we never saw her really fight. They didn't want to go this route though. And wound up just replacing everyone from he Zeo Era.

Digimon Ranger
01/16/17, 12:51 PM
I am surprised they never considered this. But I guess having JDF for half of Turbo was preferable. Than there was a lot of backstage changes and the decision to start fresh with a new cast besides Foster. So they played it all by year anyway.

Super Rad
01/16/17, 06:40 PM
Its insulting that they didn't have Jason become Blue instead of writing in Justin. I don't know what Shulki was thinking.