PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Collins was terrible

Wesley Smallings
01/02/17, 09:39 PM
I hated Wes! He was just such an unlikable character. He fooled around way too much. And it wasn't believable to lead a team of veteran Time Force Officers.

Not when he had no experience and acted like a good most of the time. He also should not have been so powerful. Plus he upstaged Jen who was the first female later. Yet Wes always acted like he was the leader.

Wes was also all about himself. As he put his personal situation with Eric above the mission most of the time. Ironically, Eric hated him for his selfishness. I find it funny that the end of Time Force tried to convince us that Wes had changed.

Delta Black
01/02/17, 10:02 PM
He only seemed to lead because the Time Force Powers were designed for Red to be the leader. Jen was the real leader. Wes actually acted like part of the team and learned how to be a Ranger quickly given he wasn't a Time Force Officer. Wes didn't hog the spotlight like Leo and Carter.

Lord Leo
01/02/17, 10:22 PM
I actually had no problem with him. Much better than Lord Leo or even Carter.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
01/02/17, 10:23 PM
Agreed, Wes was so much better than Carter and Leo.

Inner Senshi
01/02/17, 10:23 PM
I liked all three Rangers. I don't have a problem with any of them. None of them hogged anything.

Destiny Defeated
01/03/17, 12:42 AM
I think he was a strong character, whose growth was key to the plot of the season. Since it was about making your own destiny.

Jen's Revenge
01/03/17, 12:44 AM
Sorry I don't agree at all. Wes was part of what made Time Force great.

Sailor Moon Ranger
01/05/17, 10:30 PM
I had no problem with him. I just think Time Force was pretty boring.

Goldar's Revenge
01/06/17, 12:38 PM
Wes was a really good character. We just got stuck with those endless Jen and Wes Trust episodes that got to repetitive. The problem is Another problem is at the end where they didn't have Jen and Wes get together. It was contradictory to the theme about making your own destiny.

PRangerX
01/06/17, 12:39 PM
I really liked Wes. The characters of Wes, Jen, and Eric were all great. And helped to make Time Force one of my favorite seasons.

Lightspeed Zeo
01/06/17, 06:37 PM
He was a step down from Carter. I didn't hate him though.

Pink Alien Ranger
01/06/17, 11:48 PM
I don't think Wes was any of the things the op has mentioned. He started out a little spoiled. But the whole point was to see him strike it on his own and grow. He was more than a fine Red Ranger. Even Alex realized this by the end.

Ninja Storm Fan
01/07/17, 12:41 PM
Time Force doesn't feel like Power Rangers to me. I heard great things about it and was disappointed when I watched. I wasn't a big fan of Wes either. He was just a spoiled rich kid. And it was unrealistic that he would suddenly "lead" the Power Rangers.

Decepticon
01/07/17, 08:49 PM
Sorry but it seems like the op is letting his personal distaste for Wes cloid his judgement. I just don't see Wes being all those things. He is actually one pf the stronger characters the she has ever had.

True Blue
01/08/17, 10:02 AM
I mostly agree with the thread starter. The idea that Jsn left Alex for Wes is ridiculous..Since Alex was the better man and she strongly loved hin. Wes was just a spoiled brat who thought he knew everything.

WesJen
01/08/17, 06:03 PM
Wes is an amazing character. He may have been boring with a silver spoon in his mouth. But he valued and desired things beyond money and power. He learned to be his own man and live life ln his own terms. He became a great Power Ranger and hero. He even helped his dad to be come more altrustic. Plus Eric became a better person too.

True Blue
01/08/17, 11:49 PM
Wes only became a Ranger because he thought it was fun and wanted to stick it to his Dad.

Morphing Master
01/09/17, 04:17 PM
The whole point was that Wes wanted to be more than he was and did become his own man. His father's money and plans for him didn't define him. Just like Eric proved his own past didnt determine his future.

Quasar Saber
01/09/17, 09:42 PM
Wes was crucial because he wasn't brainwashed by Time Force or indirectly manipulated like Eric. Wes is the one that settled the Time incident in the best way possible, not Time Force or Alex's original plan.

Forever Pink
01/09/17, 09:57 PM
He seemed like a nice guy to me. I don't see how he is unlikable.

Crazy Ranger
01/09/17, 10:09 PM
Wes was the perfect Red Ranger, I agree with Quasar Saber.

Kameron Poe
01/10/17, 12:58 PM
On the contrary, he was a great character. Its good to have characters that start ofrr with flaws and become better people. Eric was far frrom perfect himself in the beginning. Niether was Jen or any of her team for that matter.

Samurai Forever
01/10/17, 06:36 PM
He was just boring. Time Force was pretty average to be honest with you.

Gold Ranger In Danger
01/11/17, 12:23 PM
He seemed like a pretty nice guy to me. He wasn't really spoiled in the sense that made himna snob. He just felt trapped inside his bubble. He was willing to work once he joined the Rangers.

Captain Codfish
01/11/17, 12:24 PM
I really liked Wes. The characters of Wes, Jen, and Eric were all great. And helped to make Time Force one of my favorite seasons.

I agree, some of the series best characters.

Time Force Rules
01/11/17, 06:45 PM
Wes was the best Red Ranger. He had a great character. He had the most characterization out of any Red Ranger. I don't see how he was overrated. No Red Rangers measures up to him at all. I like how he had his flaws and had to overcome them. His journey was perfect based on the storyline of the season.

Call Titanus
01/12/17, 12:16 PM
He was kind of a winer..Which was a step down from Carter, who was such a brave hero.