PDA

View Full Version : Kimberly's Bad Day

Rita's Pita
12/26/16, 02:02 PM
"Calamity Kimberly" always confused me. Why was Kim having such a bad day? Did Rita put a spell on her?

PRangerX
12/26/16, 04:06 PM
I was actually pretty surprised at the time that there wasn some bad spell put on Kimberly. But it seems she was just having a bad day that Rita tried to make worse by capturing her.

KimandTommy
12/26/16, 06:30 PM
Poor Kimberly was just having a bad day. But she proved all resultant she was. Plus it was cool to see a budding relationship between Tommy and herself. It was nice to see him part of saving her. It is one of my favorite episodes.

Gia the Fiend
12/26/16, 08:56 PM
Its one of my favorite episodes too. It really let us see things from Kimberly's point of view.

Cassidy Casablancas
12/26/16, 09:50 PM
I was surprised Rita didn't put her under a spell. I guess even Power Rangers can have bad days. It was a very fun episode though. I agree about it being a good Kimberly episode.

Decepticon
12/26/16, 10:13 PM
You can have a bad day without an evil spell being cast on you.

Diabolico Rising
12/26/16, 10:19 PM
MMPR sure had some silly filler episodes. The action was prettyy good in this episode.

Mesagog Lives
12/27/16, 10:11 AM
The plot of this episode was pretty silly. But I can see while it would appeal to some in a b movie sense. Which seems to be the main appeal MMPR has to fans.

Jungle Fury Master
12/27/16, 10:57 AM
I think Squatt cursed Kimberly with a day of bad luck. He didn't tell Rita that part since he took one of her magical items without asking. And didn't want the blame if there plan failed.

White Tiger Fan
12/27/16, 10:59 AM
The episode was pretty silly. Its a guilty pleasure of mine.

Trakeena's Revenge
12/27/16, 02:05 PM
I don't think Squatt was smart enough to do that. He was just spying on her. Rita took advantage if Kimberly's bad luck.

Red Lightstar Ranger
12/27/16, 02:43 PM
The MMPR plots were so simple. But the show was young so its not surprising.

PRangerX
12/28/16, 12:55 AM
I always loved this episode too. It sas my introduction to Tommy and Ultrazord. The plot was simple but classic MMPR. Its one of the episodes that made me fall in love with PR as a series.

Sailor Moon Ranger
12/28/16, 12:17 PM
The episode is on my top ten for season 1. Its an excellent episode to start watching Power Rangers.

Calamity Kimberly
12/28/16, 07:41 PM
This episode gave me the idea for my screen name.

Tommy Hater
12/29/16, 12:21 PM
I hated all the false drama with Tommy. It alsk began that silly love affair they had. At least Kim was smart enough to dump him eventually.

I Love Lothor
12/29/16, 12:44 PM
It was definitely a fun episode. It was nice to see Kimberly get so much screen time.

Ransik Lives
01/02/17, 04:47 PM
I didn't like the episode. It was too simple and had a silly plot. The bad guys going after Kimberly because she was having a bad day? It was a lame idea.

MMPR Forever
01/02/17, 05:18 PM
I don't think it eas silky at all. It was a great episode and classic MMPR. They don't make episodes like this anymore.

Eradicator
01/02/17, 08:13 PM
I have no problem with the absurdity of the episode. It was just a filler episode. And we always have some of those. Especially back then. It actually gave us a lot of insight into just who Tommy was. As well as how is relationship with Kimberly would go.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/02/17, 08:44 PM
The whole thing was secretly caused by Zordon. He put a temporary bad luck spell on her to test her endurance. As well as to test the rest of their Rangers to handle Rita's forces with Kimberly gone. He particularly focused on Tommy who had more than caught his eye as a useful tool by this point.

Of course he didn't count on him getting hurt. But lucked out when he recovered in time to rejoin the exercise. If Kimberly was lost Zordon felt she was expendable and easily replaceable. He was impressed enough to value her a bit more after he saw how she didn't break down. Which helped keep her around the next few years.

Summer Is Rich
01/02/17, 09:01 PM
I highly doubt all that. It was just a situation of the villains trying to take advantage of a genuine bad day Kim was having. The Rangers did prove resilient though.

I agree with the idea that the episode is fine as it is. It was actually pretty good for a filler. It held my interest at the time and still does when I watch it today.

Smarty Pants Rose
01/02/17, 09:18 PM
It won't win any emmy's but in terms of Power Rangers its classic.

Wesley Smallings
01/02/17, 09:40 PM
Kimberly was so annoying. Especially in this episode where we are supposed to feel sorry for her because she was having a bad day. Her scenes in the bottle dimension were unbearable to watch.

Calamity Kimberly
01/03/17, 04:09 PM
I think she came off great in the episode. She was at her finest in this episode. And I think she was far from annoying..

Sailor Moon Ranger
01/05/17, 10:26 PM
It was a great episode. It was one of my favorite Kimberly episodes.

Digimon Ranger
01/09/17, 09:04 PM
It has to be a cult classic. It was a very fun episode. And one of my favorite Tommy and Kim episodes.

Megatron
01/09/17, 09:09 PM
Its possible to have a bad day like Kimberly had. Rita just made it worse with her attack and capture of Kim.

Captain Codfish
01/09/17, 09:17 PM
Yeah, the bad day was not magically caused. Besides Rita's actual attack of course.

Ninja Kat
01/09/17, 09:32 PM
Boy was that one bad day. Rita loved to drive Kimberly crazy.

Forever Pink
01/09/17, 09:55 PM
It really was a great Kimberly episode. That showed she was tougher mentally than she looked on the outside.