PDA

View Full Version : Should Merrick and Shayla have gotten together?

WesJen
12/22/16, 06:34 PM
It seemed a shame that they never got to be together.

MMPR Forever
12/22/16, 08:04 PM
I think they should have. It would have made Wild Force more likeable.

Green With Envy
12/22/16, 08:43 PM
It did seem like overkill for them to not get together when we already had that with Wes and Jen the previous season.

Kameron Poe
12/22/16, 09:23 PM
I think it just show how mature the characters were. To put duty over being in a relationship together. I also think Shayla didn't think it was fair to make Merrick to just go in hibernation with her.

Green Scorpion Ranger
12/22/16, 09:45 PM
They may as well have let them stay together.

Lord Vrak
12/22/16, 09:58 PM
I think it made their romance mean more. Just like it did with Wes and Jen .

Inner Senshi
12/23/16, 08:47 PM
I wish they would have got together. Shayla didn't have to go into hibernation since they bqd the bad guys were defeated.

Goldar's Revenge
12/23/16, 08:58 PM
Merrick and Shayla could never be together..Merrick would never be happy settled down. And Shayla had a greater responsibility to protect the Wild Zords. It wasn't like Wes and Jen. When there was no reason why they shouldn't be together. In a season where making your own destiny was the theme.

Red Lightstar Ranger
12/23/16, 11:40 PM
They never really had any chemistry. So I really didn't care about them as a couple. Merrick also wined too much when he clearly should have joined the Rangers.

Galaxy Forever
12/23/16, 11:51 PM
Good point..The two were just so bland. And you are right about there being no chemistry. Merrick was at his best as the lone wolf type anyway.

Eradicator
12/24/16, 11:58 AM
I thought it was actually good writing. It makes there love story mean more. And I would say the same thing about Wes and Jen. Its the type of mature writing you wouldnt always think of with PR.

Kimberly Cares
12/24/16, 12:23 PM
They should have ended up together and lived happily ever after.

Destiny Defeated
12/24/16, 07:43 PM
They were copying the Wes and Jen romance. So it was a bit much.

Cassidy Casablancas
12/26/16, 09:53 PM
I think the love stories should always have a happy ending. The Orgs should have been permanently defeated so Shayla and Merrick could be together and live normal lives.

Decepticon
12/26/16, 10:08 PM
I don't think its realistic for every couple to get together in the end.

Astronema
12/28/16, 12:41 AM
I agree with them not having any romantic chemistry. It was like they were only attracted to each other for plot convenience.

PRangerX
12/28/16, 12:47 AM
I admired the mature writing there too but I do see how it was done too soon after Wes and Jen.

Chloe Sullivan
12/28/16, 12:02 PM
They should definitely have gotten together. I hate when Power Rangers does this. Why not pay off relationships?

Ashley Andros
12/29/16, 12:33 PM
Probably. They seem reluctant to get couples together most of the time. I am just glad Ashley and Andros got together.

I Love Lothor
12/29/16, 12:41 PM
I agree about the romantic interests and how they should always end up together.

Cassidy Casablancas
12/31/16, 12:10 AM
I think they should have got together too..I do wish Merrick would have lightened up.

Smarty Pants Rose
01/02/17, 09:16 PM
I don't see why they couldn't be together. I was surprised when they didn't given how much they teased things between them.

Wesley Smallings
01/02/17, 09:44 PM
Merrick and Shayla were both annoying. Merrick felt far too sorry for himself and should have got over it to help the Rangers. Shayla was just over the top and really served little purpose. Having her take the powers and jackets for no reason made no sense at the end. Nor did having her reject Merrick after she spent most of the season pursuing him. Not that them as a couple had much chemistry or likeability. But why waste time building them up? Much less with two annoying characters?