PDA

View Full Version : How did Zordon choose the Rangers?

Super Cena
12/17/16, 08:06 AM
Zordon quickly chose the origin Rangers...How did he do it?

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
12/17/16, 08:09 AM
Angel Grove was a training ground for Zordon. He put systems in place to prepare teenagers for the role. He monitered everyone in Angel Grove to prepare for the day that Rita returned. The MMPR Rangers were at the top of the list.

Inner Senshi
12/17/16, 08:10 AM
I think he could just sense that they were worthy.

Movie Ranger
12/17/16, 08:11 AM
The power coins chose them. Thats why they needed the Sword of Light to forcibly reassign. the powers to new users.

No Green Spandex
12/17/16, 01:12 PM
You don't choose the coins they choose you. Oh wait that was DinoThunder.

MattEmily
12/17/16, 02:27 PM
I think it was just a system that was built into the Command Center's computers. They had been monitoring people for years but they kept it to Angel Grove since the system likely predicted that if Rita had escaped then she would be attacking there.

Captain Codfish
12/17/16, 06:51 PM
That seems like the most likely senario. Alpha used the program to teleport the five best candidates to the Command Center.

Adam White Tiger
12/17/16, 06:55 PM
I'm surprised Adam wasn't chosen to lead the Power Rangers. Stone Canyon wasn't that far away.

Ranger Master
12/17/16, 06:57 PM
Angel Grove was a boot camp to train potential Rangers. Stone Canyon was too.

Zordon's Legacy
12/17/16, 09:02 PM
Zordon probably had a short list that was done up ahead of time.

Movie Ranger
12/18/16, 11:47 AM
It looks like the coins are going to choose the Rangers in the new movie. I suspect Zordon chose from the best teens he could find on the show.

Doomsday
12/18/16, 11:50 AM
Zordon viewed his Rangers as replaceable. He chose the best he could find but was not above replacing them with better candidates. Which he did repeatly. Movie Zordon seems like he will be much more benevolent. Of course we have to see the movie first. TV Zordon was very duplicitous. But to answer the thread question, he did choose from a database of teen candidates.

Quasar Saber
12/18/16, 11:55 AM
Its actually answered in "Wild West Rangers". The Zordon of the past finds out that Kimberly becomes a Power Ranger in the future. And knows that the ancestors of the Wild West Rangers will as well. So he just followed Kim and the family lines of the Wild West Rangers. Its doubtful Kim had time to tell Zordon about Jason, Zack, and Trini. But we can assume he learned about the three from following Kimberly. And went with them since Rocky, Adam, and Aishia were further away from the others.

Goldar's Revenge
12/18/16, 11:57 AM
Its possible that Rocky, Adam, and Aishia weren't ready at the time. Also Zordon more easily trusted them with the secret of the Power Rangers once they found out. Knowing they were likely to stilk become Rangers at some point.

Everyone Loves Rocky
12/18/16, 11:58 AM
Rocky was probably ready. Jason just got the call over him for some strange reason.

Maligore
12/18/16, 11:59 AM
Too bad Saban was too cheap to bring St John,Trang, and Johnson bacl to play their character's ancestors.

Massive Ego
12/18/16, 12:03 PM
Yes, bring back the same actors that you had to fire due to a pay despute? When you weren't wiling to give into their demands before. To the point that you were willing to fire them without writing there characters off first.

And I am sure the three actors would have loved to just come back to the show that fired them for asking for a raise. While you at it, why not hire them back at the sane cheap salary. Since everyone is being so nice here.

Chaos Ranger
12/18/16, 06:57 PM
Zordon was so conniving, of course he had the Rangers picked. He had them picked well ahead of time.

MattEmily
12/18/16, 10:06 PM
I think the "Wild West" thing is a good theory. I think the computers selected Zack, Trini and Jason because they were the ones who were the closest to Kimberly and Billy at the time.

Adam White Tiger
12/19/16, 10:55 AM
I agree. But the computer must have messed up by picking Zack over Adam. Even if he was further away. Adam was too good to pass up.

Green Nightwolf Koragg
12/19/16, 03:19 PM
Zordon doesn't seem to know the idenities of the Rangers when he asks Alpha to summon them. So its likely the computer just had a formula. That chose the Rangsrs in seconds. Zlordon was also able to process the information quickly. She he knew about the Ranger's individual backgrounds once they were summoned.

Vypra's Monster
12/19/16, 04:39 PM
The same way Lightspeed did. By keeping a database and keeping tabs on the candidates. In this case the final decision was just made by the computer.

Time Force Traitor
12/20/16, 12:52 PM
That was always confusing..Especially since a lot of later seasons have good reasons why the Rangers were picked.

Summer Is Rich
12/20/16, 05:04 PM
I think its likely he followed qualityed teens and chose the best ones available at the time he needed them.

Samurai Mentor
12/21/16, 06:37 PM
Zordon probably used some Eltarian Power to sense who was best for the powers. Zordon could sense things with the morphing grid.

Dayu's Tears
12/21/16, 08:15 PM
It was crazy how easy it was for Zordon to choose the Rangers. He had to at least have a good idea about who he was choosing. There wasn't much time to choose in "Day Of The Dumpster".

Jungle Master
12/21/16, 09:30 PM
Zordon did seem to have a way of knowing things that most people didn't know.

Green With Envy
12/22/16, 08:54 PM
I would think Zordon would have known before hand. It is amazing how easy it was to choose the Rangers. Zordon had to know something.

Inner Senshi
12/23/16, 08:31 PM
He was smart and wise. So he knew just who to pick.

Revenge of the UAE
12/24/16, 03:21 PM
Zordon didn't think much of humans. And figured they could be easily replaceable. So he just picked five random teens. Knowing he could replace them at any time.

Powermaster
12/24/16, 07:20 PM
I think its a combination of the Command Center computer and the profiles Zordon had about Angel Grove teens.

Byron Stinger
12/24/16, 07:26 PM
I think thats likely the case. It wasn't as complicated as it seemed.

MattEmily
05/30/17, 12:09 PM
The power coins chose them. Thats why they needed the Sword of Light to forcibly reassign. the powers to new users.

I don't know if the Coins had chose them but that's not why the Sword of Light was used to forcibly re-assign their powers. How do I know this? Because of what Zordon himself says in regards to the Sword.

Here's something that I'm quoting from a website.

Why didn't Kim need the Sword of Light in order to transfer her Pink Power Coin to Kat in Season 3?
That's a good question but I believe there are a few points to make. For 1 thing, it was just 1 Coin being transferred, the Sword of Light is only used when it comes to a great deal amount of power being transferred. Zordon basically said as much in "The Power Transfer" when it was found out the Mastodon, Saber-Toothed Tiger and Tyrannosaurus Coins would have to be transferred. Here's the short conversation after Zordon said that a power transfer must be carried out, Tommy had asked "Is it possible?" and Zordon replied with "It is possible but very difficult, because of the enormous amounts of power required, the transfer can only be achieved in one place, you must travel to the Deserted Planet."
Secondly, Kimberly's Coin wasn't linked to her life force anymore so she wasn't as bonded with it most likely due to the power source being altered.

That was always confusing..Especially since a lot of later seasons have good reasons why the Rangers were picked.

I disagree in fact in most cases the powers are just given to them.

Zordon did seem to have a way of knowing things that most people didn't know.

I think it was just because he had tied himself to the Morphing Grid which is why he knew so much.