PDA

View Full Version : Alpha was not Zordon's friend

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/30/16, 08:54 PM
Alpha 5 was just a tool for Zordon. He. had no emotional attachment to him . And was willing to sacrifice him if necessary. Since he could just replace him with Alpha 6. Its likely Alpha 5 was forced to sacrifice himself form Zordon on Eltar. Zordon never let him leave the Command Center. Even in emergencies when it could save his life. Even Hartford has much more regard for Mack. Not to mention actual effection.

KimandTommy
11/30/16, 11:59 PM
This is just absurd Zordon treated Alpha like family. He kept him in the Command Center to protect him. Zordon loved Alpha like a son. If anything happened to Alpha on Eltar Zordon would feel responsible. But it wouldn't be his fault. I think Alpha is still alive though.

White Tiger Fan
12/01/16, 12:00 AM
Amit said years ago that Alpha 5 died when Eltar fell. I don't think it had anything to do with Zordon sacrificing Alpha though. It was clear they were friends. Even if Alpha could be a little immature at times.

MattEmily
12/01/16, 01:02 PM
Alpha 5 was just a tool for Zordon. He. had no emotional attachment to him . And was willing to sacrifice him if necessary. Since he could just replace him with Alpha 6. Its likely Alpha 5 was forced to sacrifice himself form Zordon on Eltar. Zordon never let him leave the Command Center. Even in emergencies when it could save his life. Even Hartford has much more regard for Mack. Not to mention actual effection.

I completely disagree. Zordon did show emotional attachment to Alpha otherwise he wouldn't have been so concerned about him in "The Wedding" as well as in "A Friend In Need."

Zordon had no issue with Alpha leaving the Command Center it was Alpha's own choice of whether he wanted to stay there or not and he usually chose to stay. Zordon was only upset with Alpha leaving the base in "The Wannabe Ranger" since no one was there to monitor for problems with Zordon powered down and Alpha being outside.

Amit said years ago that Alpha 5 died when Eltar fell.

that was when Amit wrote Forever Red which was over a decade ago so whatever he thought is no longer valid since he no longer works for the show.

White Tiger Fan
12/01/16, 01:41 PM
But its never been contradicted. Tommy used Alpha 7 in "Forever Red". Who had the same exact voice as Five. Wouldn't he have just used Alpha 5 if he was alive?

KimandTommy
12/01/16, 01:42 PM
Thats because Alpha 5 was too busy on Eltar. Or lerhaps went back to Edenoi.

MattEmily
12/01/16, 02:05 PM
But its never been contradicted. Tommy used Alpha 7 in "Forever Red". Who had the same exact voice as Five. Wouldn't he have just used Alpha 5 if he was alive?

my point is that he wrote Forever Red with his belief that Alpha 5 was destroyed on Eltar but it was never said on-screen so his word means nothing and because of which anyone can contradict it if they work on the show. He no longer works on the show so his word means nothing the only ones who have any say in what goes on with any of the characters at the moment is Chip and his team of writers.

Thats because Alpha 5 was too busy on Eltar. Or lerhaps went back to Edenoi.

exactly he could have remained on Eltar but in hiding or he could have went back to Edenoi.

Goldar's Revenge
12/01/16, 07:23 PM
Edenoi was destroyed shortly after Dex left. It was cut from "Friend In Need". The Masked Rider TV show is actually a fictionalized version of Dex's life. This is why Nadiera is able to watch scenes from Mask Rider in TF. Dex defeated Dragon and went on to get his own TV show afterwards.

White Tiger Fan
12/01/16, 07:25 PM
I would take Amit's word of god over any writer. Amit is the best writer we ever had. Its a shame he didn't get to stick around longer. I can't believe Saban Brands didn't do anything with his excellent pitch for Samurai

Ranger Master
12/01/16, 08:49 PM
Zordon and Alpha had a business relationship. There was no friendship involved. The same was true for the Rangers.

MMPR Guy
12/01/16, 09:24 PM
Zordon acted like a concerned parent in the episode with Primator. I think he treated Alpha like a son.

Diabolico Rising
12/03/16, 11:32 PM
Zordon and Alpha were always kind of lame to me. I don't really care about them to be honest. I am glad they were phased out of the show.

Destiny Defeated
12/05/16, 11:47 AM
I think the relationship was more complicated than the thread starter is givening them credit for. Lets notnl forget that they are both from other societies. So we can't judge them based on human relationships. I do think they cared for each other in some sense. They were together for 10,000 years or more.

Captain Codfish
12/05/16, 11:50 AM
I would take Amit's word of god over any writer. Amit is the best writer we ever had. Its a shame he didn't get to stick around longer. I can't believe Saban Brands didn't do anything with his excellent pitch for Samurai

I like Amit too. But lets not act like there weren't other great writers. Judd Lynn, Doug Sloan, and Jackie Marachand come to mind. They have a say in all this too. Word of God is nice to know. But it can always be contradicted if the show makes it clear. Or a current writers changes it with there own word.

Massive Ego
12/05/16, 12:12 PM
Edenoi was destroyed shortly after Dex left. It was cut from "Friend In Need". The Masked Rider TV show is actually a fictionalized version of Dex's life. This is why Nadiera is able to watch scenes from Mask Rider in TF. Dex defeated Dragon and went on to get his own TV show afterwards.

We have no reason to believe Mask Rider isn't in continuity with the series. They wouldn't have done a team up if they wanted them to be separate. They were just using stock footage in Time Force. It wasn't supposed to be Nadiera literally watching Masked Rider.

Maligore
12/05/16, 12:14 PM
Saban was just too cheap to shoot a generic family scene for Nadiera to watch or pay of an exisiting one not invovled with the PRU.

Captain Mutiny
12/05/16, 12:16 PM
I think Dex was outed at some point, as well as his family. Persumable after the battle with Dex was over. He then made a biopic on his life , starring his real adopted family.

Time Force Traitor
12/05/16, 12:18 PM
His identity still could have been secretm It could have been a show based on his family life with no reference to his actual Mask Rider exploits.

PRangerX
12/05/16, 12:27 PM
I don't think Zordon is as nefarious as some of his critics around here have been saying. While I do think Zordon had a lot of complicated plans and stratagies...I also believe he cared about the Rangers. And as an extension cared about Alpha. They were a duo for a very long time.

Ninja Storm Fan
12/05/16, 06:35 PM
Zordon was cold hearted. He wasn't a great mentor like Sensei.

MattEmily
12/07/16, 03:34 PM

I wouldn't. Yes Amit is a good writer (not a great writer since he has no concept of writing within a budget) but he doesn't work for the show anymore so he can say whatever he wants to it doesn't make it true.
We don't know what happened that lead to him leaving but I'm not surprise they didn't like the Samurai pitch since that would have required a lot of original footage which they weren't willing to pay for.

I like Amit too. But lets not act like there weren't other great writers. Judd Lynn, Doug Sloan, and Jackie Marachand come to mind. They have a say in all this too. Word of God is nice to know. But it can always be contradicted if the show makes it clear. Or a current writers changes it with there own word.

exactly. Eddie had written RPM to be in an alternate dimension and the Neo-Saban team decided to respect that but they had no reason to since Eddie was no longer working for them so they could have done anything that they had wanted to do with it. It's the same situation with whatever Amit had claimed - it doesn't matter what he said if it's not said in the episode. Sure he can say all he wants that for example Jason got his Power Coin from the comic book Dark Ranger but it wasn't said in the episode so anyone that Saban Brands hires to be a writer for the series can contradict something like that with Chip's approval.