PDA

View Full Version : why did Rita work for Zedd?

Gold Ranger In Danger
11/25/16, 11:58 AM
Her father was more powerful than Zedd, yet Rita wound up working for Zedd.

Captain Codfish
11/25/16, 09:32 PM
Most likely to try to strike it on her own and prove to her father she could do things her own way. She needed someone powerful who she could use to work her way up the UAE.

Massive Ego
11/26/16, 09:30 PM
Daddy kicked her out and she had to work for Zedd since she failed spectacularly on her own.

Lightspeed Zeo
11/26/16, 09:32 PM
She probably made a deal with Zedd to take command of his castle while he took care of busines in darker parts of the Galaxy .

Destiny Defeated
11/26/16, 09:44 PM
The whole thing didn't make sense. It seemed like they were making things up as they went along.

Goldar's Revenge
11/26/16, 09:45 PM
Thats what they have been doing for most of PR's history.

White Spandex Rules
11/26/16, 10:08 PM
Zedd just outranked her in the UAE pecking order at the time. Rita didn't use her father's infulence..

VR Master
11/26/16, 10:10 PM
Vile was most likely gone for over 10, 000 years. He wasn't around to guide Rita, so she relied on working for Zedd.

Lightspeed Omega
11/27/16, 12:33 PM
Rita went for where the power was. Vile was retired and only came back for the Zeo Crystal. Once he saw how hard it was to defeat the Power Rangers, he went back into retirement.

Lord Leo
11/27/16, 12:36 PM
Vile wasn't going to give up his power anytime so. So Rita joined up with Zedd, thinking she could grow more power in the evil society by defeating Zordon. Zedd let her do whatever she wanted until "Mutiny".

MMPR Forever
11/27/16, 09:19 PM
Rita agreed to work for Zedd so she could use Goldar, Squatt, and Baboo. I think Scorpina and Finister were recruited by herself after she took command.

MMPR Guy
11/27/16, 09:22 PM
I don't know? Scorpina seemed to want to work for Zedd like the rest of Rita's henchmen. So I think Scorpina was from Zedd too. I don't know why she took off when Zedd got there.

Sentai Is Forever
11/27/16, 09:23 PM
They should have had the Rangers trap Rita at the end of season 1 and then started over with the Dairanger adaption for season 2.

Sailor Dragonzord
11/28/16, 09:33 PM
It did always seem weird given where they went with Rita's backstory later on. But I think its a symptom of planning stuff as they went along instead of ahead.

Titanium Black
11/28/16, 09:44 PM
Rito wasn't very high on the depth chart on the UAE. So just being Master Vile's offspring didn't necessarily make you a big time threat. Vile probably expected his kids do go off and make a name for themselves. Rita took the easy way out and worked for Zedd since it gave her instant power. She basically was able to do whatever she wanted in her sector of Space. Zedd wasn't very hands on. It took him 10,000 years to check on her. And that was with her trapped for all but a fraction of that time.

Quasar Saber
11/28/16, 10:26 PM
Vile and Rita had a big falling out. Rita had to start from scratch and agreed to serve Zedd. Once Zedd left her in charge of her own part of the Galaxy she abused the privileges and acted like she was the true Empress. Zedd was too busy to care until he lost the Dark Galaxy to Vile. Once he saw Rita's failures it was easy to take out his anger at his own by punishing his enemies daughter. This all changed when Rita gave him the magic potion. By the time Vile returns all was forgiven in that feud. Since enough time had passed. And Rita felt she could use Vile's help.