PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried the new movie is going to flop.

Goldar's Revenge
11/21/16, 01:41 PM
I really want it to succeed. The trailer looked good and all but the promotion as a whole has been lacking. There doesn't seem to be alot of buzz about it. And I am worried the general public will not know what to make of the movie. It needs a stronger marketing push to win those people over.

Gold Ranger In Danger
11/21/16, 01:43 PM
I think we will get more buzz closer to the release.

Forever Jason
11/21/16, 01:45 PM
There should be a marketing campaign solely based on Jason.

Starlight Starbrite
11/21/16, 01:47 PM
I don't know, they have done everything they can so far. I think we will get more promotional material as it gets closer to release. Its coming out in March so the competition shouldn't be too bad.

Massive Ego
11/21/16, 01:50 PM
I was very pleased with the Trailer and am more excited about a Power Rangers property than I have been in years.

Knight Wolf
11/21/16, 09:00 PM
Its hard to say. They have never tried to market Power Rangers to a general audience before. Anything can happen. But other kids properties have been adapted to film recently. Transformers and GI Joe come to mind.

Spike Hart
11/21/16, 09:10 PM
I'm not going to worry about it until it comes out. You never really know how these things are going to go.

Kameron Poe
11/21/16, 09:24 PM
I think its going to be a tough sell. They might be 10 years too early with this. Remember PR is younger than those other adapted brands.

Mystic Ranger
11/21/16, 09:29 PM
I think this movie is a bad idea. Power Rangers works best as a TV show. The other movies were disappointments anyway. They never felt enough like the show.

True Blue
11/22/16, 02:52 PM
I don't know what to think regarding success. But I am excited to see the movie and glad they are trying this.

PRangerX
11/22/16, 02:54 PM
Its worth noting Transformers wasn't a lock to be a big success before its first movie came out. The goal was certainly there. But it wasn't certain how well it would actually do.And comercial expectations were exceeded in a big way.

The budget for the PR movie is big enough. But it also not like it is so astronmical that it can't concievably make its money back.

Kimberly Cares
11/22/16, 03:05 PM
I don't know it just doesn't feel like Power Rangers from the preview. But I will give it a chance.

Disney Ranger
11/28/16, 09:18 PM
Its a shame Disney isn't behind this. The movie would be well marketed if they were. Just like all the Marvel Movies.

Sailor Dragonzord
11/28/16, 09:25 PM
I don't know how well its going to do. But I am really excited for the new movie. I can't wait for it to come out. A re-imagined version of MMPR for the big screen sounds great.