PDA

View Full Version : Tommy didn't lose the Thunderzords

KimandTommy
11/15/16, 01:52 PM
I have heard this idea discussed for years. It wasn't Tommy's fault that he lost the Thunderzords. He faught bravely and saved the Rangers lives. He didn't know Rito and the monsters were going to short out the morphing grid. Tommy was trying to defend the world. Rita and Zedd's plan just got the best of them. And if it wasn't for Tommy's later bravely, the Ninja Powers would never have been discovered.

No Green Spandex
11/15/16, 01:53 PM
Tommy's move really hurt the Rangers. I don't see how you can defend it. I am sure his intentions were good. But he lost the Thunderzords. And the Rangers were all brave in their Ninja Quest. So I wouldn't give Tommy all the credit for that either.

MMPR Forever
11/15/16, 01:55 PM
People like to unfairly attack Tommy, Kim. I agree with you. It was actually one of Tommy's best moments.

Forever Jason
11/15/16, 01:56 PM
Jason would never have lost the Thunderzords. He would have retreated to fight another day. He was a far better leader than Tommy. Losing Jason really set the Power Rangers back. Luckily, they had the Ninja Powers to fall back on. The Zeo Rangers would have failed if it wasn't for Jason stepping in as the new Gold Ranger.

MattEmily
11/15/16, 02:20 PM
I have heard this idea discussed for years. It wasn't Tommy's fault that he lost the Thunderzords. He faught bravely and saved the Rangers lives. He didn't know Rito and the monsters were going to short out the morphing grid. Tommy was trying to defend the world. Rita and Zedd's plan just got the best of them.

technically it was partially his fault since he kept on fighting even after being warned that if they kept on pushing the zords that they (the zords) could be destroyed along with their powers but at the end of the day it was their best and only option to continue the battle instead of letting Rito and the 4 monsters loose on the city.

Also Zordon would have been able to fix the Thunderzords if he ever needed to he just couldn't at the time since the Command Center was low on power.

KimandTommy
11/15/16, 04:11 PM
Tommy did what only a true hero would do. The monsters could have destroyed Angel Grove by the time he came back.

Maligore
11/15/16, 04:14 PM
This battle was one of the few times Saban wasn't cheap.

Superstatler
11/15/16, 04:19 PM
I always thought it was wierd how monsters could come back from the dead so easily. Plus they seem to lose powers.

Goldar's Revenge
11/15/16, 04:22 PM
Finister could make copies of the same monster easily. So they weren't really coming back from the dead when Finister was involved.

Ranger Master
11/15/16, 04:25 PM
The monster machine worked best when you made one monster. if you mass produced monsters they would be less powerful. The same waw true when Zedd used his powers to create or ressurect monsters.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/15/16, 04:28 PM
Thats exactly right , you wound up with more powerful putty like monsters if you mass produced.

I wouldn't blame Tommy for the Thunderzords. That was an extreme circumstance that wasn't an easy decision. Its not like Zordon couldn't have Alpha force them to retreat.

Gold Ranger In Danger
11/18/16, 10:11 PM
What is he supposed to do? Let the monsters destroy the city? Its not like the Ranger s weren't in tight spots before.

Chaos Ranger
11/18/16, 11:32 PM
He should have retreated. They could have mounted a counter attack.

Smarty Pants Rose
11/19/16, 08:11 AM
And by the time they could attack again, Angel Grove would have been destroyed. Tommy knew the Rangers couldn't afford to take that chance.

Cassie Turbo
11/19/16, 07:27 PM
TJ topped Tommy and lost two megazords. To get himself demoted to Blue.

PRangerX
11/19/16, 07:30 PM
Thats not why he was made Blue. Those were the powers Andros had. He wasn't going to give his own Powers to TJ..It was Andros ship and he knew more about Space. It made sense for him to lead. If Andros joined the Turbos the situation would be reversed. We also see TJ get his Red Powers back in "Forever Red"

Both TJ and Tommy did what they had to do against terrible circumstances. They were not bad leaders.

Super Cena
11/19/16, 07:31 PM
I wonder if Tommy would have been made Space Blue if the old Turbos stayed on?

Captain Codfish
11/19/16, 07:36 PM
I don't see them doing that with Tommy. With all due respect to TJ, Tommy was a much more iconic character. They probably would have come up with a way for him to be Red. Andros would have been Blue or wind up as Silver. Definitely would have been interesting to see what they would have done.

No Green Spandex
11/19/16, 07:37 PM
I agree they wouldn't have done it. But I would have loved to see Tommy made into just another Blue Ranger. Succeeding Justin of all people.

White Spandex Rules
11/19/16, 07:38 PM
How do you know Justin wouldn't have stayed too?

I agree with Tommy still being Red in Space. Andros might not even exist. Of course that would change a whole bunch.

Captain Mutiny
11/19/16, 07:40 PM
Power Rangers flies by the seat of its pants a lot of times. Especially back in those days. The old cast staying on past Turbo would have caused a series of events that would change everything. Its impossible to know how much.

No Green Spandex
11/19/16, 07:42 PM
Until someone invents a real Sliding Machine so we can take a wormwhole to the correct parallel Earth.

Gold Ranger In Danger
11/19/16, 07:43 PM
Too bad we don't have a Quinn Mallory. And no Jerry O'Connel doesn't count. Not until he invents a sliding machine in his mother's basement anyway.

Galaxy Forever
11/19/16, 11:41 PM
Power Rangsrs lose their Megazords a lot. I wouldn't blame the Red Rangers.

MattEmily
11/03/17, 08:48 AM
Finister could make copies of the same monster easily. So they weren't really coming back from the dead when Finister was involved.

The monster machine worked best when you made one monster. if you mass produced monsters they would be less powerful. The same waw true when Zedd used his powers to create or ressurect monsters.

exactly it's much like how the Rangers use the Morphin' Grid since the villains do too so one monster gets a lot of power from the grid to offset the balance that it's 1 against 3, 5 or 6 Rangers or however many Rangers they have so each time a monster is created and is using their energies during a battle it's similar to Trent and his evil Ranger clone existing at the same time.

TJ topped Tommy and lost two megazords. To get himself demoted to Blue.

Thats not why he was made Blue. Those were the powers Andros had. He wasn't going to give his own Powers to TJ..It was Andros ship and he knew more about Space. It made sense for him to lead. If Andros joined the Turbos the situation would be reversed. We also see TJ get his Red Powers back in "Forever Red"

Both TJ and Tommy did what they had to do against terrible circumstances. They were not bad leaders.

Exactly. Doing what they did was a last ditch effort to protect the world you protect the world no matter the cost even if that means destroying your own equipment or yourself in the process since that's what a true hero does.

Power Rangsrs lose their Megazords a lot. I wouldn't blame the Red Rangers.

yea neither would I since it's what a Ranger is supposed to do when nothing else is working since zords are generally their last ditch effort.

Hexagon's Revenge
11/03/17, 11:57 AM
Rita and Zedd 's alliance made each other more powerful. Overtime the more powerful monsters too their toll on the Thunderzords. Rito and his monster army took advantage of that.

Saban Fan
11/03/17, 10:50 PM
It was one of the best scenes Saban ever wrote.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/05/17, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Zordon wanted the Thunderzords destroyed to use as an excuse to send the Rangers to Ninjor. As he most likely knew those powers would be needed with the Zedd/Rita alliance.

KimandTommy
11/06/17, 08:56 AM
If Kat was there, she would have sabotaged the Megazord

Massive Ego
11/06/17, 08:57 AM
Well she wasn't so I don't see what than has to do with things.

No Green Spandex
11/06/17, 10:14 AM
I can't say how much of a lol moment this scene was for me.

Chaos Ranger
11/06/17, 11:29 AM
This one should still be clearly blamed on Tommy. He knew the risks and lost. The same goes for TJ.

Sentai Envy
11/06/17, 12:13 PM
To Denounce the evils of America Sentai

To extend her reach to the html codes around

Sentai Snobs move at the speed of Goggle Fiber

Original Footage, thats not right!

This whole nonsense wouldn't be an issue if they adapted Dairanger in season 2. Than AM season 3 would have been able to start fresh as a Kukuranger adaption

MattEmily
11/06/17, 12:49 PM
To Denounce the evils of America Sentai

To extend her reach to the html codes around

Sentai Snobs move at the speed of Goggle Fiber

Original Footage, thats not right!

This whole nonsense wouldn't be an issue if they adapted Dairanger in season 2. Than AM season 3 would have been able to start fresh as a Kukuranger adaption

get over yourself. Sentai already exists we don't need an American Sentai that's not the purpose of Power Rangers. You want Sentai? go watch it on internet sites or buy it on DVD via Shout! Factory

Bandora's Ghost
11/06/17, 08:09 PM
The scene itself was pretty dramatic and a great visual. I don't think it was Tommy's fault. As Rito and the monsters surprised the Rangers and overwhelmed them easily.