PDA

View Full Version : Why did Rita hate Kimberly so much?

NinjaJack
11/13/16, 05:25 PM
Been watching what I consider to be one of the most underrated arcs in MMPR, A Different Shade Of Pink and it's such a good story. Something that bothered me as a kid that though seems to jump out at me even more now as an adult, Rita really wanted to do more than kill Kim, she really had a lust for ruining her life on top of that.

When you consider just how far Rita was willing to go to mess up Kimberly's dreams as a gymnast, relationships, health. Employing some girl to be used to spy on her and the things she had Kat do. Rita was far more twisted than we might give her credit for. Of course my head cannon says she that she was getting back at Zedd for even considering Kimberly for a wife.

Captain Mutiny
11/13/16, 05:28 PM
I think Rita just liked to make all the Ranger's lives miserable. Kimberly was just the weakest at the time due to her powers being depleted. Kat took the Pink Coin on her own anyway.

KimandTommy
11/13/16, 05:30 PM
Because she was an evil witch who was jealous of Kimberly. She knew it would hurt Tommy too .

MMPR Forever
11/13/16, 05:31 PM
This was her most evil scheme. She almost succeeded in Killing Kimberly. But Kat should get a lot of the blame too.

KimandTommy
11/13/16, 05:32 PM
Thats very true , two evil witches were after Kim.

Massive Ego
11/13/16, 05:34 PM
Kat only deserves credit for saving Kimberly's behind and single handly breaking Rita's spell. Rita just hated all the Rangers and saw a chance to take one out.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/13/16, 05:35 PM
Rita was trying to scare Kimberly into leaving so she could trick the Rangers into using Kat as Pink Ranger.

Ranger Master
11/13/16, 05:40 PM
Zordon told Rita to do it. He was going to to allow Rita to take Kim's powers in exchange for information on taking Zedd down.

MMPR Forever
11/13/16, 05:42 PM
You have a lot of crazy ideas! There is no way Zordon put Kim in harms way.

Doomsday
11/13/16, 05:43 PM
Rita was going to use Kimberly to try and blackmail Tommy once again.

Rita's Pita
11/13/16, 05:47 PM
Rita hated everything Kimberly stood for. Rita would hate anyone that was pure and good.

Kimmy Repulsa
11/13/16, 05:49 PM
I like the suggestion that she was jealous of Zedd trying to turn Kim into his wife earlier.

Delta Black
11/13/16, 06:03 PM
She would have done the same thing to whoever else's coin Kat would have taken. Rita really hated alll the Rangers.

Forever Pink
11/13/16, 10:13 PM
Rita seemed to love to make the female Rangers miserable. I think it was mostly due to jealousy.

Titanium Black
11/14/16, 07:51 PM
She was jealous of her beauty. Rita was that petty.

Jen's Revenge
11/17/16, 08:38 PM
I don't hate her. She just comes from the era where the PR women weren't as interesting. They were in the background too much. I like seasons like Time Force were women like Jen are strong and in charge.

Goldar's Revenge
11/17/16, 08:53 PM
Rita was obviously very petty. She hated all the Rangers. Kimberly was hated no more than the others.

MattEmily
11/18/16, 09:02 AM
I think Rita just liked to make all the Ranger's lives miserable. Kimberly was just the weakest at the time due to her powers being depleted. Kat took the Pink Coin on her own anyway.

exactly this. Rita just gave instructions to Kat and Kat following like a good soldier would just as Goldar, Scorpina and Finster would she had stolen a Power Coin. Rita did not tell her which one to take she just took the one that she wanted to take and apparently it was at a prime opportunity since most of them were dumb enough to leave their coins in their backpack.

Jen's Revenge
11/18/16, 11:05 AM
Just realized I read the question wrong and thought it was about why the fans hated her. I think Rita just didn't like other women due to jealousy.

No Green Spandex
11/18/16, 11:07 AM
exactly this. Rita just gave instructions to Kat and Kat following like a good soldier would just as Goldar, Scorpina and Finster would she had stolen a Power Coin. Rita did not tell her which one to take she just took the one that she wanted to take and apparently it was at a prime opportunity since most of them were dumb enough to leave their coins in their backpack.

Thats what happens you you hire teenagers I guess.

RJ Wolf Ranger
11/18/16, 11:40 PM
Rita hated do gooder valley girls that had everything go right for them. Making Kim miserable was very enjoyable to Rita.

Smarty Pants Rose
11/19/16, 07:47 AM
Rita hated everything good and pure. Her whole motto was that being bad was good. Kimberly was a pure and wholesome young woman that always succeeded. That would make someone like Rita beyond angry.

Kameron Poe
11/21/16, 09:23 PM
Rita was annoyed by do-gooders. Kimberly was a big time goody two shoes to Rita. And she hated that more than she hared losing to the Rangers.

True Blue
11/22/16, 02:59 PM
Rita seemed to hate the Rangers in general. I think she would have went after any Ranger vindictive ly in Kim's situation.

Kimberly Cares
11/22/16, 03:02 PM
Because Rita was evil and jealous of Kimberly. Just like any fairy tale witch.

Piccolo Diamond
05/17/17, 07:29 PM
Rita just hated to see other people happy when she was miserable. This is especially so with the Rangers. Look at how she ruined Zack's birthday.

You couldn't say that she was jealous of Kim because she knew Zedd tried to make her his Queen. But it seems lime she would have went after Kimberly regardless.

Also remember Kim was spreading herself too thing and vulnerable with her limited powers.

MattEmily
11/03/17, 09:19 AM
Because Rita was evil and jealous of Kimberly. Just like any fairy tale witch.

I also think it was a way for her to hurt Tommy in the process too since no doubt she's bitter about the Rangers breaking her original spell on him

KimandTommy
11/03/17, 11:44 AM
Rita was evil and would stop at nothing to ruin the Rangers lives for her own amusement.

MMPR Fan
11/03/17, 06:41 PM
I think she was jealous of other woman. Look at her fueds with Divatox and Astronema. Who were on her side.