PDA

View Full Version : The father /brother episodes

PRangerX
10/19/16, 08:13 AM
Wild Force had an episode where Alyssa's father visits. And Ninja Storm had a episode where Shane gets a visit from his okder brother. Both episodes feature the famiky members concerned over the direction of the Rangers lives. Bith find out that there daughter/brother are Rangers.

I feel " A Fathers Footseps" is the better episode. I like how Alyssa never finds out her father knows. The way the overall story plays out is nuanced and well done. It doesn't slap the viewer in the face. The NS episode does slap ithe viewer in the face. And I think its too easy how the brother finds out about Shane.

Captain Codfish
10/19/16, 11:38 AM
"A Father's Footsteps" was definitely the better episode. It had more feeling and worked as short story.

Disney Ranger
10/19/16, 11:40 AM
I think the NS episode was better. It was more fun. Plus it was cool Shane's brother realized his brother was a Ranger.

Power Rangers Forever
10/21/16, 11:59 PM
" A Father's Footsteps " was lifted totally from Gaoranger..So I don't give them a lot of points for that.

Sentai Is Forever
10/22/16, 12:52 PM
I loved the Wild Force episode. They adapted the Sentai perfectly. I felt like I was watching Gaoranger.

Ninja Kat
10/22/16, 12:54 PM
I liked the NS episode better because Shane and his brother interacted more.

Uncle Steve
10/23/16, 11:14 AM
I think both episodes were good. And are examples of PR making the sentai adaption work and doing good new stuff. Which shows both methods can be used if done effectively.

Ranger Master
10/23/16, 09:15 PM
Shane should have bonded with his brother a different way than it being because he was a Ranger. It was a massive cop out.

Ginger Snap
10/24/16, 09:34 PM
I kinda like the Ninja Storm episode. But this thread has made me appreciate the Wild Force episode more.