PDA

View Full Version : The new Trini?

Yellow Fan Forever
10/09/16, 04:30 PM
What does everyone think about the movie Trini so far?

Massive Ego
10/09/16, 06:00 PM
I like that see seems to be smart ass. The original Trini didn't get enough focus or personality. Of course, she was only around for a little over a season.

Captain Codfish
10/09/16, 06:01 PM
Its going to be interesting to find out why Rita targets Trini out of all of them in that one scene. Trailers can be deceiving so who knows.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
10/09/16, 06:03 PM
I can't really judge the character until I see the movie. I am not the top to break down a trailer and take it as gospel. I've been burned too many times.

PRangerX
10/09/16, 06:15 PM
I get the feeling that this version of Trini has self esteem issues. She is the outsider that has been criticized by her peers. Look at what someone writes on her locker. Her sarcasm is probably caused by these vulnerable feelings. Which will be her arch in the film. And is probably why Rita seems to target her by herself.

MMPR Guy
10/09/16, 06:23 PM
Count me in the camp of there not being enough time to elevate. I hope she ends up being a good character. Trini is a fan favorite.

Dic Dubber
10/09/16, 06:42 PM
She is all wrong. The new Trini was never a smart ass or emotionally wounded. She was just a nice quiet girl. Who was also very wise and disciplined. Why is it so hard to get the character right?

MattEmily
10/09/16, 07:35 PM
She is all wrong. The new Trini was never a smart ass or emotionally wounded. She was just a nice quiet girl. Who was also very wise and disciplined. Why is it so hard to get the character right?

this is not the same universe so characters are not going to be as they were in the show so the question is why can't you understand that?

Captain Codfish
10/09/16, 07:39 PM
This movie is supposed to carter to an older audience. The show is there for the younger audience or fans of the old way. I'm not saying the movie should just totally throw out the conventions of the show. But they have to reinvent it for the mainstream audience. This is the first time PR has every been officially targeted towards an older audience. But its not like they are turning it into an R rated franchise. The movie is meant to appeal to Grown Ups and kids alike.

Ginger Snap
10/09/16, 07:57 PM
I am interesting to see just what the new Trini is like. The preview was too short lol.