PDA

View Full Version : Original MMPR Movie Universe

MMPR Guy
10/02/16, 12:16 PM
So with RPM being an AU that can be traveled to in the main universe....Does that meant the movie timeline is probably another universe?

Goldar's Revenge
10/02/16, 05:20 PM
I would say it is likely part of this same multiverse. Its interesting because the nature of the Ninjetti Powers meant the Rangers would retain them ideffinitly.

Tommy Angel
10/02/16, 05:21 PM
I always wondered why they ignored the movie on the show.

mbozzo
10/02/16, 07:13 PM
The way that season 3 ignore the first movie make me believe that the first movie took place in another universe. :angry:

MattEmily
10/02/16, 09:52 PM
I always wondered why they ignored the movie on the show.

It's because 20th Century Fox held pretty much all of the rights to everything to do with the movie plus they had hired writers who had no knowledge of the show so things weren't in line with the show.

Here are some of the problems with the movie that would've caused issues for the show.

Zordon is in the tube in the Command Center when that was never the case in the show he was always in a time warp and the tube was just his communication channel but he was freed from his time warp in Turbo.
Mordant since he didn't exist in the show and they had enough minions to deal with.
Finster, Squatt and Baboo were not in the movie which again doesn't fit in with the show.
The big time changes they had made to Zordon, Alpha and Command Center all of which they wouldn't have been able to keep and they probably wouldn't have wanted to anyway.
The 'metallic' suits that they had which they wouldn't have been able to keep even if they had wanted to since they were more problems than they were worth.
Ninjazords/Ninja Megazords - while it's probable they could've gotten away with using CGI for the 6 individual zords they wouldn't have been able to keep a CGI Megazord considering they would've needed to continue with using Kakuranger footage and it would have looked awkward using the same CGI Megzord in footage in which we would have just seen Kakuranger Ninja Megazord/Megafalconzord footage.

Rangerlord
10/02/16, 10:53 PM
It always bothered me why it wasn't in continuity. But I guess the production changes made that hard. I am glad Turbo was done in canon.

Captain Mutiny
10/02/16, 10:55 PM
It would be interesting to see how this team became Rangers. Do Jason, Zack, and Trini exisit? Was Tommy ever Green Ranger?

Kimmy Repulsa
10/03/16, 05:21 PM
I would imagine Rita and Zedd were already married. The team in the movie was probably the origjnal team. With Tommy joining the team as White.

Samurai Mentor
10/03/16, 07:10 PM
I am fine with it being its own Universe. The sequel would have been more successful if it was a sequel to MMPR.

Time Force Traitor
10/06/16, 06:59 PM
I don't think it is all that different from the main PR universe. Except for better looking equitment and/or visuals.

Omega Black
10/06/16, 07:52 PM
I could see where the movie Rangers would have very similar backstories. But everything after the movie would be very different from what we got in the series. Its a fan fic writer's dream.

Goldar's Revenge
10/13/16, 11:22 AM
The movie absolutely was done by a production crew that knew about making movies and had no pr experience. Plus the props and and the film itself belonged to 20th Century Fox at the time. So they couldn't be used. This was different for the Turbo Movie. Where Saban Entertainment owned everything about the film. And had actual members of the tv production team working on it. When Saban Brands bought PR back from Disney they cut a deal with Fox to get the full rights to MMPR:TM.

PRangerX
10/13/16, 11:23 AM
Anyone remember the big preview that was on the beginning of the Pagemaster VHS? I watched that video for thr featurette more than the movie.

Captain Codfish
10/13/16, 11:14 PM
I used to love that. I showed it off to all my friends back then. Some of them who hated the show actually got excited about the movie.

Astro Delta
10/14/16, 09:41 PM
The movie universe really doesn't interest me. I never really liked the movie itself. It didn't feel enough like the show. And it really felt like they tried to do too many things. The writers didn't know Power Rangers well enough. I really don't envision the Rangers haveing some interesting backstory here or anything of note really happening afterwards. Ivan Ooze was a terrible villain by the way.