PDA

View Full Version : How would Disney have done VR Troopers?

Disney Ranger
12/16/14, 12:15 PM
If Disney was was in charge, how would they have done VR Troopers?

Zabitan
12/16/14, 04:09 PM
That's a good question since when Disney owned it they never really did anything with it.

My guess is maybe a lot of the same concepts and characters but with different names, and actors.

Alternatively they would have gone with the Cybertron idea or waited until Blue Swat was old enough, and use that but make the plot Blue Swat: the American version.

Disney Ranger
12/16/14, 04:58 PM
I think they would have made it more fun and used younger characters. They would have stuck close to the original show though.

PRangerX
12/16/14, 04:59 PM
Its a hard question to answer. Is this if they ran it during when it was on or if they brought it back when they owned the show?

Captain Codfish
12/16/14, 05:07 PM
I don't think Disney was ever interested. And they wouldn't have thought to do it during he MMPR days. That was Saban Entertainment's niche.

MattEmily
12/16/14, 05:25 PM
I personally could see Disney keeping it much closer to the Metal Heroes counterparts but which one they would have started with would be the question since very little of the suits remained. A lot of the B-Fighter suits had remained but otherwise that was pretty much it.

PRangerX
12/16/14, 11:08 PM
Disney never fully understood PR. Adapting VR Troopers would have been something hard for them to get right or even want to do.

No Green Spandex
12/16/14, 11:09 PM
Yeah even, if they adapted it it probably would have failed. They probably would have copied Metal Hero too much.

PRangerX
12/16/14, 11:11 PM
Another thing that makes this question hard is not knowing who would run this. Could have been tottally different people in charge. Granted Disney's higher ups that controlled PR would persumably have pull.

Disney Ranger
12/16/14, 11:17 PM
I think you guys arent givening Disney enough credit. They are a huge company. They would have found a way to get it right. Eddie just ruined things with PR. Disney wouldnt have let him touch VR.

And to answer the question, I was talking about when Disney owned PR. I know there would have been known reason for them to adapt Metal Hero in the MMPR years. Long before they thought of buying PR.

Zabitan
12/16/14, 11:25 PM
The problem though is that Toei stopped making Metal Hero shows long before Disney owned the rights to VR Troopers so there would be nothing to adapt to make a new VR Troopers.

A new Masked Rider you could do.

MattEmily
12/17/14, 12:30 AM
true but there's tons of other Metal Heroes that you could adapt. Granted they're all old so they couldn't handle any censoring things by re-shooting stuff except with doing cleverness editing like Saban did with the B-Fighter footage.

Captain Codfish
12/17/14, 11:55 AM
Yeah this thread really has too many what ifs. Disney was never gonna adapt Metal Heroes. I just don't see anyway it would have happened. And if it did it would have beeen a different show.

VR Master
12/17/14, 11:57 AM
I would have liked to see them try though. Too bad there is no current Metal Heroes to really adapt.

Zabitan
12/17/14, 03:38 PM
There's one off specials like Gokaiger vs Gavan, the new Gavan movie, Super Hero War Z, the new Sharivan movie, and the new Shaider movie.

So best case scenario unless Toei makes new Spielban, and Diana Lady suits is We would get a one off two part special where Ryan would morph into Shaider, and they would have to make new Battle Grid suits and just have a Battle Grid segment for everyone.

Or make JB, and Kaitlin Sharivan, and Gavan.

And most of all it would be Saban brands making it anyway.

MattEmily
12/17/14, 05:23 PM
I think you guys arent givening Disney enough credit. They are a huge company. They would have found a way to get it right. Eddie just ruined things with PR. Disney wouldnt have let him touch VR.

And to answer the question, I was talking about when Disney owned PR. I know there would have been known reason for them to adapt Metal Hero in the MMPR years. Long before they thought of buying PR.

Maybe he ruined things to you but not to me. Eddie's version of RPM was awesome the only bad thing about it is that he wanted it to be its own separate thing which isn't what Power Rangers is really supposed to be.

and even in that case I still think Disney would have done the cheap thing and try to keep it as close to the original as possible but again it would probably depend on numerous factors including who they decided to put in charge of it.

MattEmily
12/17/14, 05:25 PM
There's one off specials like Gokaiger vs Gavan, the new Gavan movie, Super Hero War Z, the new Sharivan movie, and the new Shaider movie.

So best case scenario unless Toei makes new Spielban, and Diana Lady suits is We would get a one off two part special where Ryan would morph into Shaider, and they would have to make new Battle Grid suits and just have a Battle Grid segment for everyone.

Or make JB, and Kaitlin Sharivan, and Gavan.

And most of all it would be Saban brands making it anyway.

very true they could give Kaitlin previous powers and try to come up with some excuse that makes it possible for Kaitlin and JB to access their Spieilban suits so Professor Hart gives them an upgrade to Sharivan and Gavan suits.

Kelly Power
12/17/14, 05:50 PM
I'd rather Saban Brands bring back VR Troopers anyway. Too bad it won't happen.

Disney Ranger
12/17/14, 05:55 PM
Maybe he ruined things to you but not to me. Eddie's version of RPM was awesome the only bad thing about it is that he wanted it to be its own separate thing which isn't what Power Rangers is really supposed to be.

and even in that case I still think Disney would have done the cheap thing and try to keep it as close to the original as possible but again it would probably depend on numerous factors including who they decided to put in charge of it.

He made PR far too serious. I didn't want Terminatior for kids. I wanted a show about teensagers fighting evil. Maybe they work at a garage or something? no future apoclypse bs. The show was the worst Disney season. It was just too dark and serious.

MattEmily
12/21/14, 04:17 PM
there's nothing wrong with a serious Power Rangers show.
I'd rather have that than a comedic show.

Power Rangers is supposed to be a serious show anyway since it's about a bunch of teenagers becoming heroes risking their lives in order to save their city, the world and/or the universe.

Disney Ranger
12/21/14, 06:36 PM
The first several episodes didnt even feel like Power Rangers. When Judd took over it did a little bit. The Dillion stuff was just silly melodrama. I didn't mind Ziggy because he was funny.

Sailor Kitty
12/21/14, 06:37 PM
Doctor K was pretty funny too. I'm liked RPM because it was more original. I thought the post apocalyptic storyline was exciting. Dillion was a great Ranger. RPM was a ton of fun.

Kilobyte
12/21/14, 06:44 PM
RPM is my favorite season. It was jlsuch a breath of fresh air after years of heavily slaving to Sentai. I like serious Power Rangers. And their was plenty of comedy mixed in where it was needed anyway. The preimere set up the storyline of the season. Not every episode needs to be spandex heavy.

Eddie was a good writer , he just wasn't a good exec. Since he couldn't stay under budget and got let go. His stories were great. Lynn's half is somewhat lacming actually. But not enought to bring the season down in my eyes.

No Green Spandex
12/21/14, 06:51 PM
RPM was cool. But Dillion almost became another Tommy. Luckly he was toned down after Judd took over. So it didn't get that bad.

Captain Codfish
12/21/14, 06:56 PM
It was nice seeing a Black Ranger get that kind of focus for once. Usually its all about Red or Sixth. I don't think Dillions was focused on too much at all. If anything he wasn't focused on enough in the second half. RPM was a very good season. The best we have had besides Super Mega Force in a long time.

MattEmily
12/21/14, 07:41 PM
The first several episodes didnt even feel like Power Rangers. When Judd took over it did a little bit. The Dillion stuff was just silly melodrama. I didn't mind Ziggy because he was funny.
I disagree there. I prefer how Eddie did it compared to Chip himself but I actually like Chip's ending better compared to how Eddie would have ended it.

Doctor K was pretty funny too. I'm liked RPM because it was more original. I thought the post apocalyptic storyline was exciting. Dillion was a great Ranger. RPM was a ton of fun.
yes she was funny and I agree that the storyline was exciting.

RPM is my favorite season. It was jlsuch a breath of fresh air after years of heavily slaving to Sentai. I like serious Power Rangers. And their was plenty of comedy mixed in where it was needed anyway. The preimere set up the storyline of the season. Not every episode needs to be spandex heavy.

Eddie was a good writer , he just wasn't a good exec. Since he couldn't stay under budget and got let go. His stories were great. Lynn's half is somewhat lacming actually. But not enought to bring the season down in my eyes.
RPM is one of my favorite seasons as well and it was definitely a breath of fresh air with it not being so tied down to its Sentai counterpart like a lot of the previous seasons before it were.
I agree with the comedic parts and I agree that not every episode needs to be Ranger heavy.

I do agree that Eddie was a good writer but I disagree that he wasn't a good Exec. I don't believe him being fired had anything to do with the budget it just had to do with him being slow.

RPM was cool. But Dillion almost became another Tommy. Luckly he was toned down after Judd took over. So it didn't get that bad.
I personally never saw him as another Tommy even with him getting a lot of focus because of the whole Venjix Hardware being inside of it and because of him finding out that Tenaya was his sister.

It was nice seeing a Black Ranger get that kind of focus for once. Usually its all about Red or Sixth. I don't think Dillions was focused on too much at all. If anything he wasn't focused on enough in the second half. RPM was a very good season. The best we have had besides Super Mega Force in a long time.

I agree that it was a nice change of pace with a Black Ranger getting that kind of focus since normally all writers care about are the Red Rangers or the 6th Rangers.

Kilobyte
12/21/14, 10:33 PM
Well thats what I meant about Eddie. He fell behind on scripts. So they had to can him.

Captain Codfish
12/21/14, 10:37 PM
I assuming you are talking about "Ranger Black". I actually would have liked to have seen that. Would have been shocking to see Dillion be Venjix and the Rangers have to kill him.Would have paid off the beginning of RPM pretty well. Would have been the darkest ending in PR history. Too bad Eddie couldn't have it produced.

MMPR Forever
12/21/14, 10:40 PM
I would have hated that ending. Only good part of RPM was its happy ending. That kind of ending would ruin PR. That kind of stuff just annoys me as a viewer.

Captain Codfish
12/21/14, 10:42 PM
On the contray, I think it would have brought PR to a whole new level. It would have been historic if done right. Sure it would have stung, but doesn't mean it wouldn't have been good.

Disney Ranger
12/21/14, 10:47 PM
Its bad enough what Eddie did to RPM. If he would have been allowed to make that atrocity of an episode PR would be toast. Just way to dark. No chance Disney would have wanted to hang onto PR after that. Man a depressing ending like that may have turned me off for good. Even though the No Saban Seasons pale in comparison to Disney I at least still follow them.

VR Master
12/21/14, 10:49 PM
Anyone else realize how we turned a thread about VR Troopers in the VR Troopers forum into a thread about Power Rangers?

PRangerX
12/21/14, 10:51 PM
You're all banned! lol

Nah topic drift is allowed on this board. Don't care how off topic it gets. Sometimes it makes for the best threads.

MattEmily
12/21/14, 11:14 PM
ain't that the truth plus it's common with all of the great boards anyway.