PDA

View Full Version : Troobian Confusion

Silver Shadow
10/06/05, 10:50 PM
For the first time in Power Rangers history, the villians have not one set of grunts but three. The Krybots, the Blue Heads and the Orange Heads. (Will someone please throttle whoever's responsible for such idiotic names!) I picked up both toys a week ago and then realized I can't remember the differences between them. Possibly because the scripts have been so bad that the distinction was never really clearly made. Krybots are the Power Rangers standard, disposable grunts, that's obvious.

The little bit of Googling I was able to do didn't help. Blue-Heads seem to be an eliete grunt capable of piloting a robot unassisted, and the Orange Heads are reported to be Grumm's personal guard, akin to the red shrouded Royal Guards of the Emperor in in the Star Wars Movies, but that comparison doesn't seem right to me. I don't remember the Rangers having any more trouble with the Blue and Orange Heads than they did with normal Krybots.

Ryu Dairenjaa
10/07/05, 12:50 AM
Watch "Sam" to figure out orange head troubles

Kamen Rider Decade
10/07/05, 06:30 AM
I don't remember the Rangers having any more trouble with the Blue and Orange Heads than they did with normal Krybots.That is because in PR they fucked up.

Gold ranger
10/07/05, 04:29 PM
stop swearing dudes!!!

Silver Shadow
10/07/05, 05:08 PM
Really Cheetimus, why not try leaving a constructive comment for a change. The Orange-Head did first appear in Sam, Part One and the Blue-Head clear back in the first episode. I'm going to try and download both of them tonight.

Gold ranger
10/07/05, 05:34 PM
Yeah boy!!!

Ryu Dairenjaa
10/08/05, 08:31 AM
And normal Krybots were fought in episode 2

Gold ranger
10/08/05, 03:37 PM
Yeah right!!!!

Ryu Dairenjaa
10/08/05, 09:53 PM
What??. They were. SEEN for the first time at the end of "Beginnings" part 1

Gold ranger
10/08/05, 10:20 PM
As grumm send out his krybots he gets more advanced and makes orange krybots,blue and all sorts of krybots.

Ryu Dairenjaa
10/09/05, 01:26 PM
All grumm henchmen/foot soldiers are krybots, Blue head and Orange head are nicknames

MattEmily
02/02/14, 08:48 PM
For the first time in Power Rangers history, the villians have not one set of grunts but three. The Krybots, the Blue Heads and the Orange Heads. (Will someone please throttle whoever's responsible for such idiotic names!) I picked up both toys a week ago and then realized I can't remember the differences between them. Possibly because the scripts have been so bad that the distinction was never really clearly made. Krybots are the Power Rangers standard, disposable grunts, that's obvious.

The little bit of Googling I was able to do didn't help. Blue-Heads seem to be an eliete grunt capable of piloting a robot unassisted, and the Orange Heads are reported to be Grumm's personal guard, akin to the red shrouded Royal Guards of the Emperor in in the Star Wars Movies, but that comparison doesn't seem right to me. I don't remember the Rangers having any more trouble with the Blue and Orange Heads than they did with normal Krybots.

It was likely Bandai of America's doing for the names of the foot soldiers but who knows for sure.
There's not much of a difference between the 3 sets of foot soldiers.
Krybots were typically used as the Putty-like soldiers so they were in use a lot more often.
Blueheads and Orangeheads are more powerful with the Orangeheads being the top of the line among the 3 sets, both Blueheads and Orangeheads can talk whereas the Krybots cannot talk.
Blueheads can also pilot the Robots without assistance.
The Rangers never had much of an issue against Krybots or Blueheads but they did have a temporary issue with their first Orangehead that assisted Bugglesworth.
Orangehead is also capable of summoning Krybots and Blueheads.
Blueheads are capable of summoning Krybots.
Can't comment on the Star Wars comparison.

Zabitan
02/02/14, 09:05 PM
Honestly now that I think about it I think of it like what happened with Zeltrax in Dino Thunder.

At the time I didn't think too much about it but looking back they probably should have kept the Alienizer Mechanoids for the Krybots but made original foot soldiers for the Troobians.

MattEmily
02/27/14, 12:16 PM
True except in the case of Zeltrax, he was capable of using both foot soldiers while under Mesogog's command. I don't recall him using the Tyrannodrones after he left Mesogog's control.

However I don't think we needed any extra foot soldiers for S.P.D, they already had 3 foot soldiers, they didn't need 4.

Zabitan
02/27/14, 12:41 PM
I meant the whole "who is Zeltrax?" thing was one of those things that a lot of people went on about that I didn't think too much about.

Good point maybe just have the standard Alienizer mechanoids be Krybots but have the blue, and orange ones be Troobians.

MattEmily
02/27/14, 05:26 PM
Good point but to be fair, they did have a point. I mean Zeltrax had a nice story going for him but his hidden identity was bad execution since it should have been someone that we as an audience had already invested in.

Yea, indeed they should have but how would you go about explaining Blueheads and Orangeheads calling for Krybots?

Zabitan
02/27/14, 07:02 PM
I think it has to do with the fact that I don't remember people wondering who Ecliptor, or Villamax, or Zurgane were.

Frax turned out to be someone but I don't remember anyone speculating on that, and I heard that they were thinking of making Jindrax, and Toxica were going to be Cole's long lost parents but I don't know if that's true or not.

Good point I don't know.

MattEmily
02/27/14, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't know with Ecliptor or Villamax. Never saw anything with Zurgane

Yes, Frax turned out to be someone but to be fair, Time Force was a new season and it was a good story despite the fact it was lifted from Timeranger.

Yes, that's true with Jindrax and Toxica. Cole's parents were killed off on-screen with the understanding that they were resurrected as Jindrax and Toxica but they didn't need to write anything on that since Disney wasn't really paying attention, a case of different management between Fox Kids and ABC Kids.