PDA

View Full Version : MegaUpload, FileSonic and FileServe

MattEmily
01/23/12, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone.

I was curious about what everyone has thought of this topic in regards to the U.S. Justice Department seizing the MegaUpload domain and all of its servers effectively shutting down all of its services.

Also what do you think about FileSonic and FileServe shutting down their sharing services due to the MegaUpload shut down?

PRangerX
01/23/12, 11:50 PM
I think this has been something that has been building for a long time. As companies want to get rid of internet piracy. Or at least deal it a serious blow. It is a shame when it comes to Super Sentai. Since its unlikely that it will ever officially be released in the US officially.

MattEmily
01/24/12, 12:19 AM
Indeed. Personally I feel that if companies really wanted to get rid of online piracy then they would make more of an effort to release everything worldwide but the entertainment industry doesn't know anything about logic or much less making any sense.
They'd rather just make people suffer and then they have to wonder why they're not making any money.

Kamen Rider Decade
01/24/12, 11:01 AM
One word: Torrent

MattEmily
01/24/12, 01:43 PM
Torrents would be an option. Problem is I have Time Warner Cable and they do put blocks on you if they detect such a thing.

Kamen Rider Decade
11/24/12, 08:23 PM
Internet piracy will always exist. It will always find a new way to exist. First it was IRC now torrents and places like Megaupload.

They need to embrace piracy, a pirate was never going to buy the shit anyway. You aren't losing money if you were never going to to get it anyway.

MattEmily
02/27/13, 01:23 PM
There are some examples of users that are pirates actually buying things. Maybe not like DVDs but things like CDs.

Anyway it looks like torrents are going to be even more damaged due to the new "Six Strikes" thing that started on Monday so that's definitely another reason that I won't be using torrents.