PDA

View Full Version : Rangercrew Media got Youtube purged

Digifiend
06/09/11, 09:09 PM
That's right, Rangercrew's Media site is now all but useless, because the Youtube channel hosting the videos got three strikes. :mad:"Power Rangers Zeo -..."
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
TOEI CO.,LTD.
Toei Animation, LLC.
SCG Power Rangers LLC

NormaN
06/11/11, 04:46 PM
You could always do a counter claim. If Toei doesn't respond to the counter claim that strike will go away. I lost my Youtube account too but I got it back because the company that claimed copyrights never responded.

Digifiend
06/12/11, 12:43 PM
I don't own the site (it belongs to Fury Diamond, who also owns the Rangercrew forum, hence the site's name) - but it was one of the biggest collections of Ranger related clips, and all gone overnight. So obviously I wasn't happy when I discovered the problem.

PRangerX
06/21/11, 10:35 PM
I posted about this in the Power Rangers Planet thread. Doesn't surprise me at all. But can't say I blame Saban Brands either. It was probably inevitable after the Netflix deal was announced.

Digifiend
06/22/11, 05:53 AM
Rangercrew Media (and the other Youtube purges) were before that announcement though.

PRangerX
06/22/11, 06:59 PM
Rangercrew Media (and the other Youtube purges) were before that announcement though.

How soon before? I'm sure the deal was in the works for awhile. And even without a deal they have the right to protect their trademarks.

Digifiend
06/23/11, 05:43 AM
Admittedly, only a few days. While it was inevitable after the deal was announced, at the time, we didn't know what was going on.