PDA

View Full Version : PR News 04/01/08 Power Rangers Jungle Fury will TEAMUP with...

Poweranimals
03/31/08, 11:20 PM
I have some good news about the teamup this year. There will be one, but it won't be with Overdrive. I was told that the producers are bringing back the Ninja Storm Rangers. This is gonna rock. Stay tuned for more details. http://www.rovang.org/timeline/bigpics/wind_ninjas.jpg

Knightfall
03/31/08, 11:43 PM
Yeah I heard about this.

Apparently one of my two sources was told about this from Sally Martin herself. Seems to be legit.

I guess we can say for sure that it would involve Shane, Tori and Dustin.

PrimoPiccolo
04/01/08, 06:09 AM
April Fools'!

...please God.

Knightfall
04/01/08, 12:08 PM
Sadly it's not an April Fool's joke.

I told you about this some time ago Piccolo.

It's true.

Tendou Soujiro
04/01/08, 01:54 PM
What?

DarkRanger99
04/01/08, 02:14 PM
This should be good. I think this is the first time a ranger team has teamed up with just one other team that wasn't right before it. I look forward to it!

PRangerX
04/01/08, 06:15 PM
I think a NS/Jungle Fury team up is a smart idea. As both seasons have similar themes. And if production does move to Canada next year, it makes sense to use the first NZ team. I hope this doesn't fall through.

DarkBlaze
04/01/08, 06:31 PM
Sweet!

PrimoPiccolo
04/02/08, 02:39 AM
Sadly it's not an April Fool's joke.

I told you about this some time ago Piccolo.
I was joking...

...as a coping mechanism. :(

Poweranimals
04/02/08, 02:07 PM
Actually I'm still waiting on confirmation for this, but something is in the works. So hang tight just a little longer.

DarkRanger99
04/02/08, 07:14 PM
I was joking...

...as a coping mechanism. :(

I can understand your disappointment Primo; Ninja Storm wasn't exactly the best season. In fact, it was almost the worst until S.P.D. But the Rangers themselves were definitely some of the most likable. I'm Definitely looking forward to this, Disney's trying something new:eek:, and I for one do appreciate that. Let's wait and see before jumping to conclusions, whether their good or not.

Sakura3
04/05/08, 12:29 AM
Wow that's interesting. This ought to be good. I'll be catching this event on ABC later. I've watched almost all the team ups except To The 10th Power and Rangers Of Two Worlds.

THis is the first I've seen Disney go back 5 years for a team up. Toei didn't evewn plan that. They just teamed up with Operation Overdrive/Boukenger last year but not Hurricane Ranger.

PrimoPiccolo
04/05/08, 01:29 AM
THis is the first I've seen Disney go back 5 years for a team up. Toei didn't even plan that.
Believe it or not, but Ranger Productions Ltd. doesn't get all their ideas from Toei. Hence us getting Adam in "Once a Ranger" instead of a strange Red Ranger from the future like in Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.

DarkRanger99
04/05/08, 07:41 PM
a strange Red Ranger from the future like in Boukenger vs. Super Sentai.

EEEEWWWW, I hate Aka Red.:mad:

RangerKing
04/06/08, 11:48 AM
This is excellent. There are certainly similar themes in both seasons and it really seems to work. It would certainly suck not to have the Overdrive team back, but other than Miratrix's end not being really clear, I don't see where a plot could come from.

Knightfall
04/06/08, 11:52 AM
Honestly, I have to admit I'm not a fan of this idea.

The tone and feel of Ninjastorm is very self-contained. I dont think you could be true to the sillyness of NS without making JF look like a joke as well.

I would have rather they did an OO/JF teamup with Kamdor and Miratrix. The Bouken/Geki one was cool.

RangerKing
04/06/08, 12:01 PM
While Ninja Storm was silly, I seem to believe the sillyness was mostly contained to the villains and not to the actual rangers. And thinking back, that applies to both Thunder Storm and Once A Ranger where the truthfulness of the Ninja Storm team was retained.

Knightfall
04/06/08, 12:08 PM
Well to be fair, Thunder Storm kept it in the house with the Sloan series and I thought the Marah/Kapri nonsense dragged the ep down a bit.

Once A Ranger barely had any Tori focus, not that I'm complaining.

An OO/JF would have had more potential though.

I feel like NS is charted territory now, but I suppose if this is the last season in NZ, at least there won't be NS anymore.

RangerKing
04/06/08, 12:18 PM
I'm not too sure about that. With the exception of Sally Martin, everyone in Once A Ranger were flown to New Zealand. This is the case with the S.P.D.-Dino Thunder team-up as well where all four actors needed were flown. So there isn't any problem with flying actors.

Knightfall
04/06/08, 12:21 PM
Yeah, but that was before the budget was slashed and the cost of filming in NZ went up.

I'm sure the real reason they avoided the OO teamup this year was paying to fly the cast back to NZ (especially since two are in the UK).

Pua, Glenn and Sally are all locals.

RangerKing
04/06/08, 03:24 PM
True, the entire Ninja Storm cast was either Kiwi or Aussie. But I don't think that the budget was really as slashed as people are made to believe otherwise why do international casting?

Knightfall
04/06/08, 04:05 PM
There was no international casting this year. Everyone is from Australia.

PRangerX
04/06/08, 04:18 PM
Honestly, I have to admit I'm not a fan of this idea.

The tone and feel of Ninjastorm is very self-contained. I dont think you could be true to the sillyness of NS without making JF look like a joke as well.

I would have rather they did an OO/JF teamup with Kamdor and Miratrix. The Bouken/Geki one was cool.

Actually I think NS and JF would go well together. Namely because both use Ninja like Rangers. I don't see how JF is more serious then NS. And NS could be serious when they had to be. I think it would be perfect.

See an OO/JF team up would just be the same team up we have gotten most years. I think NS/JF teaming up would be a much fresher idea. OO/JF really don't go as well together. And its not like there is a lot of loose ends to tie up in OO. Sure there's Miratrix. But if you really wanted to, you could bring her back to jion the JF villians. Now that would be thinking outside of the box.

PrimoPiccolo
04/06/08, 04:25 PM
And its not like there is a lot of loose ends to tie up in OO. Sure there's Miratrix.
I still don't know why people consider this a 'loose end'. I mean, whether or not Kamdor had the amulet when he exploded, Miratrix was dealt with.

That's like saying because Gluto froze himself instead of being destroyed that he could still come back.

PRangerX
04/06/08, 04:48 PM
I still don't know why people consider this a 'loose end'. I mean, whether or not Kamdor had the amulet when he exploded, Miratrix was dealt with.

That's like saying because Gluto froze himself instead of being destroyed that he could still come back.

I think there is a way to bring her back though. Somehow the amulet could have survived. We have seen villains survive worse. Sure she could very well be gone. It was probably just a way to kill her off without getting the sensors angry. But I could diffinitly see her coming back. Its not an incredible loose end that has to be resolved though.

red timeforce ranger
04/06/08, 07:53 PM
diseny get some footage from gekiranger 's hong kong battle movie

RangerKing
04/06/08, 10:29 PM
There was no international casting this year. Everyone is from Australia.

Correct, but budget rumors surfaced during S.P.D. so it logically wouldn't make sense after last year's team-up.

Because we saw Kamdor was able to escape the amulet and so Miratrix didn't have even a remotely permament fate.

christphern
04/07/08, 12:31 AM
Well, aside from her ninja abilities, Miratrix appeared to be, more or less, a human. Just because Kamdor was able to get free does not necessarily mean Miratrix could. Additionally, being a human, it's unlikely that Miratrix would have survived the explosion better than any other human would.

I'm glad that they're not doing an Overdrive team-up. Overdrive was, honestly, the worst Disney season, if not the worst PR season, to date. I found no redeeming quality in the series, aside from Spencer (who was mostly dropped mid-season) and the Once a Ranger team-up. Definitely not worth having wasted 16 hours on. It had terrible acting and terrible writing. Add in Dax, Ronnie, Norg, Moltor, Flurious, Sentinel Knight, Kamdor, the *cringe* Fear Cats, Miratrix, and Tyzonne, and you've got a PR series worse than any I can think of. So, yeah, thank whatever deity you believe in that Overdrive isn't returning to ruin what has thus far proved to be a much better series. The best part of Overdrive was the end. Not the ending, the fact that it's over. I just want to forget that that season ever happened, and remember only Boukenger.

Additionally, I actually really liked Ninja Storm. It was a nice balance of comedy, fun characters, and cool powers. The theme of this series, as has been stated, fits along the same lines as NS, so it's a good choice to team the two up. Even if it sucks, it's bound to be better than the alternative we would otherwise have gotten.

Chris

RangerKing
04/07/08, 06:06 PM
Quite frankly some of the most evil of villains in the end were just simply human...Master Org, Lothor, Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd...albeit with some help. Kamdor, remember, wasn't able to simply remove himself from the amulet without help and therefore the same rule should apply to Miratrix, if the amulet isn't destroyed.

PrimoPiccolo
04/07/08, 06:51 PM
Kamdor, remember, wasn't able to simply remove himself from the amulet without help and therefore the same rule should apply to Miratrix, if the amulet isn't destroyed.
Thank you.

That reticulating laser thingy seemed hard to come by when Will swiped it, and if I remember right it got trashed right after Kamdor was freed. So it's not like we're just waiting for some hapless fool to find a necklace, see a hot chick inside, and rub it for three wishes.

RangerKing
04/07/08, 07:04 PM
But you know with this year being ninja based and Miratrix and Kamdor were ninjas....Dai Shi could've done something (maybe).

DarkBlaze
04/08/08, 12:54 AM
But you know with this year being ninja based and Miratrix and Kamdor were ninjas....Dai Shi could've done something (maybe).Jungle Fury is not Ninja based.

PrimoPiccolo
04/08/08, 02:25 AM
Jungle Fury is not Ninja based.
Why do people always get their shorts in a bunch about the definition of 'ninja'? You know he meant that the series is based in martial arts. Obviously they're not ninjas, but if you're going to get so technical about the meaning, I can think of a ton of reasons the Wind and Thunder Rangers weren't true ninjas either.

Sakura3
04/08/08, 03:23 AM
Actually correct because Jungle Fury like the Toei based series is Kung Fu. We've only had one Ninja themed series which was Ninja Storm. Disney has only used one theme style for each show they adapted. Like Space Patrol Delta was intergalactic police themed and Mystic Force was a Magic theme. This year is Jungle / Kung Fu.

Power Rangers XV in 09 will be some sort of racing feel to it so Power Rangers 09 will have a name to fit the style for the year. Also this year it'll possibly have something to do with enviornmental defense battles like the Toei series. We've been geting a lot of that with Mystic Force , Space Ptrol Delta and Jungle Fury. However before too long we could see some styles used in the Saban era days since Disney hasn't used them yet. That's what happened with Dino Thunder. We had a lot of the same kind of Zords we saw in Mighty Morphin. Soon we could see a Zeo or In Space type theme with a new tweak.

Poweranimals
04/08/08, 03:26 PM
Jungle Fury is not Ninja based.
But it is about an academy dedicated to training young people in an ancient form of martial arts in order to protect the world against evil.

PrimoPiccolo
04/08/08, 04:58 PM
Disney has only used one theme style for each show they adapted. This year is Jungle / Kung Fu.
Which is two themes.

DarkRanger99
04/09/08, 05:32 PM
Which is two themes.

lol true!

Harlan Phoenix
04/27/08, 07:37 PM
I've called this on both HenshinTalk and Rangerboard, but I'll say it here too.

I'm betting that Dai Shi's first host was the original Lothor.

red timeforce ranger
04/27/08, 08:56 PM
dai shi is dragon

Macdaddyc
04/28/08, 01:07 AM
actually i think that it's better to do JF/OO team up because that's how it always been, except for PROO. Usually every season teams up with the previous season.

PROO had Mystic Force Green Ranger which was right but everyone else wasnt suppose to be there.

PrimoPiccolo
04/28/08, 02:24 PM
i think that it's better to do JF/OO team up because that's how it always been, except for PROO.
And MF. And NS.

Try to grow, to expand. Confining PR to identical story elements every year offers no surprises whatsoever. What good is a TV show that never shocks you?

Harlan Phoenix
04/28/08, 03:43 PM
And MF. And NS.

Try to grow, to expand. Confining PR to identical story elements every year offers no surprises whatsoever. What good is a TV show that never shocks you?

Exactly.

DarkRanger99
04/29/08, 05:29 PM
I've called this on both HenshinTalk and Rangerboard, but I'll say it here too.

I'm betting that Dai Shi's first host was the original Lothor.

Well, considering that no one knows how long exactly Dai Shi was trapped, that doesn't really make sense. Good try though.

red timeforce ranger
04/29/08, 07:00 PM
Dai Shi was trapped in that chest for 10,000 years before possessing Jarrod.

DarkRanger99
04/30/08, 04:05 PM
Yea, so I don't think Lothor was around for 10,000 years, but some how Master Mao was. Hmm...

PrimoPiccolo
04/30/08, 04:37 PM
I don't think Lothor was around for 10,000 years, but some how Master Mao was.
Who says? Mao spoke of brave warriors channelling their animal spirits to capture the Dai Shi's soul, but he never said he was one of them.

And Harlan's Lothor theory could be allowed to make sense, if we adapt the school of thought that somehow allowed Diabolico's spirit to emerge from his tomb some eleven or so years before the demons were freed.

DarkRanger99
04/30/08, 04:41 PM
Dai Shi said so, stating that Mao was his "Old Friend" and that he had thought of no one else but him, after he escaped before possessing Jarrod.

Harlan Phoenix
04/30/08, 11:39 PM
I'd like to point out I mean the original Lothor that Ninja Storm's Lothor took his name from. You know, the "ancient warrior of evil."

Poweranimals
05/01/08, 04:09 PM
I still don't know if this thing panned out, btw. I haven't talked to my source lately, but I haven't caught wind of anything new.

PowerOnyx
05/03/08, 11:05 PM
Rita was imprisoned for 10,000 years. Dai Shi was imprisoned for 10,000 years.

Does Disney have any intention to connect JF to the MMPR-InSpace era?

Or at least have some Saban era Rangers return? I know I felt cheated by "Once A Ranger" when no other Ranger from the Rita-Zedd era returned but Adam.

And Bridge? Don't get me started on that plothole or Thrax.....

DarkRanger99
05/04/08, 11:37 AM

Or at least have some Saban era Rangers return? I know I felt cheated by "Once A Ranger" when no other Ranger from the Rita-Zedd era returned but Adam.

Might have been a coincidence, or a mistake.

PRangerX
05/05/08, 09:21 AM
I still don't know if this thing panned out, btw. I haven't talked to my source lately, but I haven't caught wind of anything new.

I'm starting to wonder if it fell through. Since we have heard about the American Ranger episodes. Plus Rangercast ( the podcast) claims to have seen information for most of the rest of the episodes. I haven't listened to the podcast as of yet, but it doesn't mention anything about news on a NS/JF team up. Will have to see what happens. It will be a bummer if it doesn't work out.

PRangerX
05/05/08, 09:31 AM

I don't think JF is going to be explicitly connected to MMPR. A lot of things in the PRU tend to happen around the same time. Three Thousand years ago is another common date in the PRU. So 10,000 being used a few times isn't surprising.

I think using mostly Disney Era Rangers for "Once A Ranger" made sense. Since we already had "Forever Red" to celebrate the first 10 seasons of the show. It made sense to focus on the Disney era and bring back one familar face from the distant past. Plus I can't imagine it would be easy to bring back too many of the older actors. Not to mention get them to come to New Zealand.

I wouldn't call Bridge a pothole. Who knows how far into the future he was summoned from. It could have been a few years after SPD had taken place. We already saw Sky get promoted to Red. So its not unbelievable to think that Bridge eventually became Red.

Thrax is a little harder to swallow ( makes more sense then Rita as Mystic Mother though). I orginally thought that maybe he was born long ago, when Zedd and Rita had some sort of affair ( long before they were married). But its the common beleif that he was born sometime after Turbo. Which works if you assume that Thrax grew up at an accelerated rate.

PowerOnyx
05/05/08, 05:49 PM
I just think that MM-IS has more right to a JF team-up than NS.

As for Bridge, the plothole was WHY did Sentinel Knight bring him from the future? Why not use another Ranger in that timeline of OO?

It has been analyzed that Sentinel Knight went to the future b/c SPD would have the morphers in the archive...

The problem is that if the link to the Morphing Grid was destroyed then - the SPD Rangers would not exist in the future. Thus Bridge becomes a plothole.

And furthermore, regardless of SK using his own Powers to Power the veteran team to help, if the Morphing Grid was down this isn't possible. Thus the entire 2 part episode of OaR is a plothole.

RangerKing
05/05/08, 06:06 PM
While its your right to have opinions regarding things like that, reality just doesn't lend itself well to those opinions.

PRX, what info do they claim to have seen?

Harlan Phoenix
05/06/08, 12:07 AM
I just think that MM-IS has more right to a JF team-up than NS.

As for Bridge, the plothole was WHY did Sentinel Knight bring him from the future? Why not use another Ranger in that timeline of OO?

It has been analyzed that Sentinel Knight went to the future b/c SPD would have the morphers in the archive...

The problem is that if the link to the Morphing Grid was destroyed then - the SPD Rangers would not exist in the future. Thus Bridge becomes a plothole.

And furthermore, regardless of SK using his own Powers to Power the veteran team to help, if the Morphing Grid was down this isn't possible. Thus the entire 2 part episode of OaR is a plothole.

...The Morphing Grid itself wasn't damaged. Just the Overdrive Ranger's connection to it.

PRangerX
05/06/08, 06:09 PM
While its your right to have opinions regarding things like that, reality just doesn't lend itself well to those opinions.

PRX, what info do they claim to have seen?

http://www.rangercast.net

It says what they have on their site. I need to listen to the podcast when I have some time.

Poweranimals
05/10/08, 03:26 PM
From everything I can tell, this isn't happening now. More details later when I'm not cellbound.

DarkBlaze
05/10/08, 04:28 PM
Wait, you mean the team-up... isn't happening period?

Poweranimals
05/10/08, 06:13 PM
Indeed. I'm not 100% sure. My source doesn't know much about what happened during the scabs, but hasn't heard anything.

PRangerX
05/10/08, 06:43 PM
Indeed. I'm not 100% sure. My source doesn't know much about what happened during the scabs, but hasn't heard anything.

So basically most of JF was written by scabs and not the regular writers?

Poweranimals
05/10/08, 06:53 PM
I think that's obvious by now.

DarkBlaze
05/10/08, 07:07 PM
So another words, the hype of this rumored team-up, can basically power-down a bit?

PRangerX
05/10/08, 07:20 PM
So another words, the hype of this rumored team-up, can basically power-down a bit?

Yeah, we would have known for sure by now. I wonder if the strike effected the planned team up? Oh well, we knew there was a chance it would fall through.

PrimoPiccolo
05/10/08, 07:30 PM
Well, thank goodness. That would have ended up a disaster.

RangerKing
05/10/08, 08:13 PM
Okay, can someone fill me in about these scabs and what not? So basically they didn't halt production of the season and proceded with Bruce and some freelance writers?

PRangerX
05/10/08, 09:32 PM
Okay, can someone fill me in about these scabs and what not? So basically they didn't halt production of the season and proceded with Bruce and some freelance writers?

That sounds about right. Not sure what role Bruce played. As an exec he may have been exempt from striking.

PrimoPiccolo
05/11/08, 12:21 AM
So another words,
In other words.

So basically they didn't halt production of the season and proceded with Bruce and some freelance writers?
This is PR we're talking about. If they don't stay on schedule, we skip a whole adaptation.

DarkBlaze
05/11/08, 02:15 AM
^I'd appreciate it if you don't do that thank you.

Poweranimals
05/11/08, 03:24 AM
Don't do what?

RangerKing
05/11/08, 11:29 AM
This is PR we're talking about. If they don't stay on schedule, we skip a whole adaptation.

Very true. But I do have to wonder. Power Rangers is a unionized show in terms of writers, wouldn't the fact that non-union writers were writing episodes get Disney in some type of trouble? And is it possible that Jackie and crew wrote under different names to avoid getting in trouble with the union (after all, Chip Lynn wrote under Judd Lynn for years to avoid getting into trouble with the union from what I understand)? It just all sounds confusing.

DarkBlaze
05/11/08, 01:05 PM
Don't do what?He was correcting me. I don't like being corrected.

PrimoPiccolo
05/11/08, 02:39 PM
I don't like being corrected.
This is a message board. You'd better believe people are going to call you on spelling and grammatical errors.

I mean, what if red timeforce ranger didn't like being corrected? Seriously, don't be one of those people. We ALL have stuff to learn.

FrekinRican345
05/11/08, 02:40 PM
I:)t makes perfect sense because of the relation they have like the acadamy and rj and cam kinda knowing each other.

RangerKing
05/11/08, 03:59 PM
Where was it said that Cam and RJ knew each other?

PrimoPiccolo
05/11/08, 05:36 PM
Cam and Hayley know each other. Any evidence of RJ's "guy who knows a guy" is fanwank.

DarkBlaze
05/11/08, 08:06 PM
This is a message board. You'd better believe people are going to call you on spelling and grammatical errors.

I mean, what if red timeforce ranger didn't like being corrected? Seriously, don't be one of those people. We ALL have stuff to learn.It still would have been more courteous to say something like, "Perhaps you meant this...". I don't want to make this out of a discussion, you can PM me for that. IF it's that important.

FrekinRican345
05/13/08, 01:34 PM
remember the thing when rj said "i know this guy that new a guy with an uncle"...

PrimoPiccolo
05/13/08, 03:20 PM
remember the thing when rj said "i know this guy that new a guy with an uncle"...
*ahem*
Cam and Hayley know each other. Any evidence of RJ's "guy who knows a guy" is fanwank.

Harlan Phoenix
05/13/08, 04:01 PM
I:)t makes perfect sense because of the relation they have like the acadamy and rj and cam kinda knowing each other.

Even though the academies have nothing to do with each other.

FrekinRican345
05/13/08, 05:00 PM
u never know they could.

Poweranimals
05/14/08, 04:04 PM
My source was surprised that Disney resorted to scabs for PRJF. For a while there, people thought it would be the last season so it definitely would've been disappointing if this was how they chose to end things. Fortunately, that's no longer the case.

PrimoPiccolo
05/14/08, 07:55 PM
Hey, now, we don't know the quality of these episodes yet.

If "A-Class" employees produce the amount of forgettable material that's come out lately, we could be in for a pleasant surprise. Not expecting any real change at all, but I'll wait and see.

But as far as the staff goes, yes, it would have been disappointing to see Jackie go out like that. And ONLY Jackie.

DarkRanger99
05/14/08, 08:01 PM
Since we know that PR is continuing at least in 2009, can it become a rule not to discuss the possibility of PR becoming canceled unless there is firm evidence? I'm realy getting tired of hearing it, no offense to you Primo.

PRangerX
05/14/08, 09:19 PM
Hey, now, we don't know the quality of these episodes yet.

If "A-Class" employees produce the amount of forgettable material that's come out lately, we could be in for a pleasant surprise. Not expecting any real change at all, but I'll wait and see.

But as far as the staff goes, yes, it would have been disappointing to see Jackie go out like that. And ONLY Jackie.

The problem is that they aparently just adapted Sentai, even more then usual. So it may result in minimal US storylines and JF becoming a lame duck season, dependent on Gekiranger's own quality. But we will see.

PRangerX
05/14/08, 09:21 PM
Since we know that PR is continuing at least in 2009, can it become a rule not to discuss the possibility of PR becoming canceled unless there is firm evidence? I'm realy getting tired of hearing it, no offense to you Primo.

I am not a fans of rules that limit discussion. Maybe someone can make a thread reminding people that the threat of PR cancelling is long over with. Which could help dissuade any discussion on it. We have that one thread talking about the possible end of PR, that may confuse some people. We could even sticky the new thread for awhile.

PrimoPiccolo
05/15/08, 06:43 AM
The problem is that they aparently just adapted Sentai, even more then usual. So it may result in minimal US storylines and JF becoming a lame duck season, dependent on Gekiranger's own quality.
Well, Gekiranger was awesome, so the more they stick to that, the better off we'll be.

RangerKing
05/15/08, 07:21 AM
Which I have no problem with, but if it stinks then it needs to be adapted in a different way or if it just wouldn't work.

DarkRanger99
05/15/08, 04:13 PM
Well there obviously won't be TOO much sentai footage considering we're getting 3 JF exclusive rangers, but who knows how long they will last.

Poweranimals
05/15/08, 04:32 PM
For three episodes.

PrimoPiccolo
05/15/08, 05:09 PM
Well there obviously won't be TOO much sentai footage considering we're getting 3 JF exclusive rangers, but who knows how long they will last.
The Spirit Rangers are a plot device, just like A-Squad. They weren't meant to stick around.

The Titanium Ranger is never going to be outdone in the original inclusion category.

PRangerX
05/15/08, 05:28 PM
Well, Gekiranger was awesome, so the more they stick to that, the better off we'll be.

One of the problems they run into is how the sentai plots don't match up well with the US only plots that they begin at the start of seasons.

Sakura3
05/17/08, 08:20 PM
Much as I like listening to this come on.

Anyway I happen to agree. Jungle Fury is a Kung Fu Academy while Ninja Storm is a Ninja Academy. So what kind of sense would that make? where's the common ground factor in that? Even Space Patrol Delta was a Detective Academy in the future. So why pair up if they don't connect?

red timeforce ranger
05/17/08, 08:36 PM
i like see footage from gekiranger 's hongkong battle movie for prjf

PrimoPiccolo
05/18/08, 01:08 AM
Jungle Fury is a Kung Fu Academy while Ninja Storm is a Ninja Academy. So what kind of sense would that make? where's the common ground factor in that?
Maybe because...
it is about an academy dedicated to training young people in an ancient form of martial arts in order to protect the world against evil.

PowerOnyx
05/24/08, 08:21 PM
Except in the NS story there were only the Wind & Thunder academies. The Powers were lost in the ender. Plus we've already had the revived morphers in DT. Then in DT they were stated by Cam to be "gone for good".

Which means in OO's OaR, Disney contradicted their own story by having SK revive Tori's morpher.

Also a team-up w/ NS would counter contradict the OaR episode.

If we all of a sudden have all the NS Rangers team-up w/ the JF Rangers, it brings up the question of why SK didn't just revive all of the NS Rangers for OO and not just Tori.

This NS team-up causes problems........

But in NS it is said that Lothor took over the academies. Are we to believe that Master Mao failed to defeat him and Lothor left w/out the box containing Dai Shi? See, that's another problem NS would cause in the storyline.

If there is an OO team-up it will be the worst episode of the JF season to be made.

I still stand that if Disney isn't going to tie the 10,000 year imprisonment of Dai Shi & Rita Repulsa. DON"T BOTHER DOING A TEAM-UP.

NS & OO are horrible choices.

RangerKing
05/24/08, 09:55 PM
But Power Rangers has always shown us that what appears so just sometimes ain't so...even if they are retcons.

PrimoPiccolo
05/25/08, 03:15 AM
Nobody's saying Pai Zhuq is one of the ninja academies from Ninja Storm, just that it's not ridiculous for one to know about the other. The same way Cam and Hayley knew each other before having met in "Thunder Storm".

And we all know Sentinel Knight's just a giant Deus Ex Machina, so who's to say his magic farts can't revive a Power Disc? Hell, he brought Bridge in, which meant bending the whole space/time continuum, so reviving Ranger powers should be easy for him. And he probably chose from random teams like that because their varied mindsets would be best to handle the random nature of the villains Thrax put on his team. It's no weirder than why the Red Rangers were the only ones called in to beat up the Machine Empire in "Forever Red".

DaiOzzyTM
05/25/08, 12:10 PM
This should be good. I think this is the first time a ranger team has teamed up with just one other team that wasn't right before it. I look forward to it!

I admit it will be interesting but in a way i prefer to keep the tradition of one before but then again half series haven't even had team ups so that tradition was broke anyway. Althought the 2 themes will mix well and the characters, however im assuming this will b 2 eps logn and wiv a 32 ep run i already felt deprived with mystic force and OO im worried it will take up sotry time as so far we've had great storys ect and I wouldnt want that broken

DaiOzzyTM
05/25/08, 02:06 PM
Except in the NS story there were only the Wind & Thunder academies. The Powers were lost in the ender. Plus we've already had the revived morphers in DT. Then in DT they were stated by Cam to be "gone for good".

Which means in OO's OaR, Disney contradicted their own story by having SK revive Tori's morpher.

Also a team-up w/ NS would counter contradict the OaR episode.

If we all of a sudden have all the NS Rangers team-up w/ the JF Rangers, it brings up the question of why SK didn't just revive all of the NS Rangers for OO and not just Tori.

But in NS it is said that Lothor took over the academies. Are we to believe that Master Mao failed to defeat him and Lothor left w/out the box containing Dai Shi? See, that's another problem NS would cause in the storyline.

If there is an OO team-up it will be the worst episode of the JF season to be made.

I still stand that if Disney isn't going to tie the 10,000 year imprisonment of Dai Shi & Rita Repulsa. DON"T BOTHER DOING A TEAM-UP.

NS & OO are horrible choices.

also there supposed to be this story line with the bat, shark and elephant ranger and white and violet still to come, how would they fit this all in :s i dunt think this si true

PrimoPiccolo
05/25/08, 02:36 PM
i dunt think this si true
It's not going to happen. It's been cancelled, most likely due to the writer's strike.

DaiOzzyTM
05/25/08, 06:17 PM
i doubt it becuase of the writer strike as that may have affected the whole series its self unless sum crappy writers took their place *crosses fingers* but in a way i don't mind it wouldn't have made much sense id prefer an OO team up. And plus we have the 3 new rangers :)

PrimoPiccolo
05/25/08, 07:24 PM
i doubt it becuase of the writer strike as that may have affected the whole series its self unless sum crappy writers took their place *crosses fingers*
Starting June 2nd, you won't be seeing any familiar names under the "Written By" column for the remainder of Jungle Fury.

RangerKing
05/26/08, 11:45 AM
Has anyone found out if they are still the regular writers writing under pen names?

PrimoPiccolo
05/26/08, 02:53 PM
Not yet. Which is probably a good thing, because if we knew, the WGA would know.

PowerOnyx
05/26/08, 05:20 PM
After watching Episode 14 "Ghost of a Chance Pt. 2" I don't care anymore. Disney was doing so good with the JF series and in this one episode they managed to completely screw everything up. You all know why.....................

Jungle Fury has now officially been "Kalishified".

I will continue to watch to see how Fran will play out in the rest of the series now knowing what she knows.

Harlan Phoenix
05/26/08, 05:49 PM
After watching Episode 14 "Ghost of a Chance Pt. 2" I don't care anymore. Disney was doing so good with the JF series and in this one episode they managed to completely screw everything up. You all know why.....................

Jungle Fury has now officially been "Kalishified".

I will continue to watch to see how Fran will play out in the rest of the series now knowing what she knows.

Penguin Zord disagrees with you.

Sakura3
05/26/08, 06:30 PM
I'll be watching the rest of these anyway while I wait for Power Rangers RPM in March 09.

Anyway Jungle Fury's a really good series and I happen to like it. After I finish up Dino Thunder this will be my 5th full series. And 6th once I finish Ninja Storm.

So up to Jungle Fury I've seen the entire Disney run of Power Rangers.

Dino Thunder was the weakest so far but I'm not skipping it.

randy319
05/28/08, 09:30 PM
How far in advance are episodes filmed before they air?

Poweranimals
05/28/08, 09:54 PM
Dino Thunder was the weakest so far
What drugs have you been taking?

DarkBlaze
05/28/08, 10:51 PM
What drugs have you been taking?Seriously.

RangerKing
05/28/08, 10:53 PM
How far in advance are episodes filmed before they air?

Filming starts roughly in October and the first epiodes air in Feb, to give you an idea.

PowerOnyx
05/28/08, 11:25 PM
Not NS and Not OO please God no.

DarkRanger99
06/05/08, 02:14 PM
OO wasn't bad, at least not as bad as spd.

RangerKing
06/15/08, 08:43 PM
I actually have become less resistant to S.P.D. as time has gone by. I used to really hate it, but it has some cool aspects.