PDA

View Full Version : Yugande/Ecliptor question

Dragon Access
09/19/03, 11:40 AM
In Megaranger, how did Yugande come back in his 2nd form(with the enlarged right arm and the spiked projection from his right shoulder)? Was it after he was destroyed by Galaxy Mega? Was he revived or was he rebuilt. Also, was he the first villian killed by the Galaxy Mega? BTW, near the end of the series, was Yugande's body red or black/green before he was killed(for the last time)?

\m/etalheart
09/20/03, 11:40 AM
Dr.Hinelar did it to him.

MarZeo
Galaxy Mega destroyed that Sphinx Ship first if I am right...

Dragon Access
Dr.Hinelar did it to him.

Why didn't Hinelar just rebuild him in his first form? How the hell is he supposed to fight with that HUGE right arm?

MattEmily
01/03/18, 11:10 AM
why would he rebuild him in a weaker form? sure the right arm might be bigger but it provides more punch.

Sentai Rules
01/03/18, 02:19 PM
I am glad they at least used his Japanese Sentai demise.

Power Rangers Forever
01/03/18, 02:20 PM
It was cool but not just because Megaranger did it.

Space Hero
01/03/18, 10:27 PM
Wasn't this where Yugande was defeated for good in Megaranger?

MattEmily
01/04/18, 11:06 AM
Wasn't this where Yugande was defeated for good in Megaranger?

nope he was destroyed by the Galaxy Mega (Astro Megazord) but came back a few eps later in a newer form the form that we usually saw Ecliptor (of course this was only because Toei never sent them the first form so they had to make do with what they had) in then Yugande was wounded due to Gurali (Darkonda) using him as a shield from Super Galaxy Mega's Finisher so he was fixed up with robotic parts. Super Galaxy Mega is the Astro-Delta Megazord to us. He then later returns into his red form and that's when he was destroyed for good.

Space Hero
01/04/18, 01:46 PM
Oh so the Red Form was actually used earlier in Megaranger.

No Green Spandex
01/04/18, 01:59 PM
Space might have been very different if they got that suit earlier. At least in regards to Ecliptor.

MattEmily
01/04/18, 02:38 PM
Oh so the Red Form was actually used earlier in Megaranger.

actually it was late as well it had 51 episodes and he was destroyed for good near the finale.

MattEmily
01/07/18, 04:17 PM
I am glad they at least used his Japanese Sentai demise.

It was cool but not just because Megaranger did it.

the footage may have been used but it wasn't treated as if Ecliptor was destroyed.

actually it was late as well it had 51 episodes and he was destroyed for good near the finale.

something to add to this is it was actually Gurali (Darkonda) who was killed off earlier since Darkona was destroyed for good in Countdown to Destruction but Gurali was actually destroyed as Mad Gurali (the mutated form that Darkonda turned into after drinking the tainted potion) by the Mega Voyager in 32.

Sentai Rules
01/07/18, 04:54 PM
Yes, the downside is Ecliptor didn't actually die in this episode. But at least the episode was close to Megaranger. Its ashame Darkconda didn't die when he was supposed to either.

MMPR Forever
01/07/18, 05:43 PM
Ecliptor was just a second rate Goldar.

MattEmily
01/08/18, 01:56 AM
except for the fact that Goldar regularly got his butt beat by Tommy whereas the Space team had a more difficult time against Ecliptor he wasn't a pushover like Goldar, Rito and Elgar were.

No Green Spandex
01/08/18, 10:03 AM
Goldar was a bad ass at first. But they ruined him after "Green No More". Tommy continued to beat him so many times that he lost all credibility.

A Gia To Remember
01/08/18, 10:04 AM
The battle in that episode was bad ass though.

Bandora's Ghost
01/08/18, 10:05 AM
Goldar should have been written out at the end of season 2. Rito could have been introduced as a serious character.

Chef Mia
01/08/18, 10:06 AM
I think Goldar was scarier than Ecliptor.

Spike Hart
01/08/18, 10:08 AM
Goldar was a bad ass at first. But they ruined him after "Green No More". Tommy continued to beat him so many times that he lost all credibility.

I'm pretty sure Ecliptor wouldn't become Bulk and Skull's butler lol.

MattEmily
08/20/18, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Ecliptor wouldn't become Bulk and Skull's butler lol.

true unless he got amnesia he was already Dark Specter and Astronema's servant so being a butler isn't too far off