PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mega Voyager

MegaMatt
09/09/03, 10:38 AM
Since MegaRanger is Japanese, why do they have "Mega Voyager" written on the front of the cockpit in English ???

Wouldn't it make more sense to have it written in Japanese?

Count Fangula
09/09/03, 10:39 AM
Since MegaRanger is Japanese, why do they have "Mega Voyager" written on the front of the cockpit in English ???

yeah, i always wondered why there was english written on stuff in the japanese footage of beetleborgs

BozQ

Because English is a more widespread used language in the world?
Many games too have the same trend

umbc8
There are a lot of things from Japan that are written in English.

During the Megaranger Henshin, there is text that says "Mega(color) Ready" and then "OK." The morpher used by the Zyurangers had Zyuranger written with English letters. There are more examples, but I can't think of them.

The Japanese know enough English to allow them to do this. They do this in many other places as well.

Shoichi
Have it written in Japanese when INET is supposed to be the International Network of Excel-science and Technology?

Obviously they use English because it is an International language, like what BozQ says, it is the most widely used language in the world.

Duo
Most Japanese things have English on them as part of their design, to appear new and modern. No one really cares whether it's PROPER English, however, and thus you get material for the famous engrish.com.

-Duo

RitoRevolto
Most Japanese things have English on them as part of their design, to appear new and modern. No one really cares whether it's PROPER English, however, and thus you get material for the famous engrish.com.

-Duo

That is one of the funniest websites on the web. Except for maybe homestarrunner.com.

Mizu
Actually, Japanese kids cannot graduate w/o knowing english.

GoldRanger
Because they want to be cool.

Zapdos560
i hate the fact that Japan knows English, but America knows very little Japanese.

MegaRed
Actually, Japanese kids cannot graduate w/o knowing english.

Not fluently or anything like that. It's just like some High Schools require you to take and pass a foreign language class to graduate.

Because they want to be cool.

Why would knowing English make you cool? This is the stupidest language on the planet.

megagao
There are a lot of things from Japan that are written in English.

During the Megaranger Henshin, there is text that says "Mega(color) Ready" and then "OK." The morpher used by the Zyurangers had Zyuranger written with English letters. There are more examples, but I can't think of them.

The Japanese know enough English to allow them to do this. They do this in many other places as well.

they also do it cause they think its cool to write/speak in english, read this in an interview with an anime director.

MattEmily
01/03/18, 11:11 AM
basically because it's a Japanese thing to do much like they also have Japanese actors try to speak English in the middle of a sentence.

PRangerX
01/03/18, 10:29 PM
Sailor Moon also does this alot with its henshin and attack phrases.

Space Crazy
01/04/18, 07:59 AM
I always thought the Mega Voyager was a let down. And I am a huge Space fan .

PRangerX
01/04/18, 08:01 AM
I wasn't a big fan either. The missile final attack didn't do it for me. The quest for them was more fun then the mecha itself. I did like the dramatic first transformation sequence.

Turbo Guy
01/04/18, 08:02 AM
It was the only Megazord I really liked in Space. Its finisher was whacky, something thst felt like it should have been Turbo.

Tommy Hater
01/04/18, 08:03 AM
Thank goodness Tommy or TJ weren't Red. Otherwise it would have been destroyed a lot sooner.

Zord Commander
01/04/18, 08:04 AM
The Megazord still got destroyed in end.

Tommy Hater
01/04/18, 08:06 AM
But not because of poor leadership. Andros may have had long hair but he wasn't like Tommy at all. Nor an inexperienced leader like TJ. Who unfortunately probably tried to hard to live up to Tommy. Not exactly a great role model.

Power Morphers
01/04/18, 08:07 AM
I don't know,losing Megazords seems like a big part or being a Ranger. We have seen so many teams lose them eventually. These battles aren't always easy.

Super Cena
01/04/18, 08:10 AM
Was Mega Voyager even a Megazord though, let alone a group of zords?

MattEmily
01/04/18, 11:01 AM
Sailor Moon also does this alot with its henshin and attack phrases.

yup that they do.

I wasn't a big fan either. The missile final attack didn't do it for me. The quest for them was more fun then the mecha itself. I did like the dramatic first transformation sequence.

yea I didn't like that Mega V3 Missile Mode Finisher either but I did like the quest for them.

I don't know,losing Megazords seems like a big part or being a Ranger. We have seen so many teams lose them eventually. These battles aren't always easy.

yea it's a pretty common thing for them to lose their zords regardless of whether they're destroyed or just lost through time.

Was Mega Voyager even a Megazord though, let alone a group of zords?

the Mega Vehicles weren't referred to as zords but the Mega Voyager is a combination of various components so yes it would be considered a Megazord even though the Megazord name isn't in its name.

VR Master
01/04/18, 11:27 AM
There too similar to zords that it makes sense to refer to them as so.