PDA

View Full Version : stupid questions about zeo and green rangers

Minion
08/27/03, 03:25 PM
1. Did anyone else think that Tommy would be the Green Zeo Ranger when they saw the first ad? I know i did, and I figured adam was a goner.

2. Speaking of Green Rangers, why are there so many? It started out with black over here, why did it switch to green for most of the time (other than the obvious sentai explanation)?

3. In the Power Of Gold ep, they REALLY set it up for Billy to look like the Gold Ranger. At the end, it even seemed like they knew it was him (although it wasn't) and were teasing him about it.

Pixel312
What's the obvious sentai explanation? I haven't seen any sentai:(.

Minion
What's the obvious sentai explanation? I haven't seen any sentai:(.

by that i meant the standard "the rangers are green because that's what they are in sentai". i haven't seen any sentai either, but if you want to know the basics(and probably more intricate details of sentai as well) i'd reccomend http://supersentai.com. that site taught me everythikng i know about sentai.

Pixel312
Oh, lol duh that makes sense. I thought you meant that sentai gave a storyline explanation as to why there's more green than black. Shilly me! :p

RedStarRanger
1. Did anyone else think that Tommy would be the Green Zeo Ranger when they saw the first ad? I know i did, and I figured adam was a goner.

I thought Tommy would be the Green. My list (of sorts) back then:

Pink- Kat
Yellow- Tanya
Blue- Billy
Green- Tommy
Red- Rocky

Back then I played Power Rangers by myself and pretended I was all of them plus my character. I kept the original, so my list for Zeo was going to be:

Pink- Kim
Yellow- Trini
Blue- Billy
Green- Me (Cause I placed myself as leader, and since I thought Tommy, the leader would be green...)
Red- Jason

Minion
I thought Tommy would be the Green. My list (of sorts) back then:

Pink- Kat
Yellow- Tanya
Blue- Billy
Green- Tommy
Red- Rocky

me too!

Back then I played Power Rangers by myself

me too!
wasn't childhood kickass?
now it's all about the benjamins lol

RedStarRanger
Benjamins? I'm aimin' higher! :D

The Avenging Angel
I had thought that Tommy woud be Red and Billy Blue

Instead Rocky was Zeo Blue,:angry:

Titanium321

No, I figured they'd be the color of the energy that the crystal hit them.

2. Speaking of Green Rangers, why are there so many? It started out with black over here, why did it switch to green for most of the time (other than the obvious sentai explanation)?

Because there have always been more Green Rangers in sentai and switching to sentai format made them switch to the obvious sentai explanation.

3. In the Power Of Gold ep, they REALLY set it up for Billy to look like the Gold Ranger. At the end, it even seemed like they knew it was him (although it wasn't) and were teasing him about it.

This isn't a question.

Minion
Because there have always been more Green Rangers in sentai and switching to sentai format made them switch to the obvious sentai explanation.

yeah, but why are there more green rangers than black?

This isn't a question.

yeah, so what. maybe i should have called the thread questions and comments. would that have made you happy?

grnrngr
08/28/03, 03:40 PM
by that i meant the standard "the rangers are green because that's what they are in sentai". i haven't seen any sentai either, but if you want to know the basics(and probably more intricate details of sentai as well) i'd reccomend http://supersentai.com. that site taught me everythikng i know about sentai.

Wow, then you must not know much about sentai.

Titanium321
yeah, but why are there more green rangers than black?

Because there was a green ranger first. Green's just better to use on film.

yeah, so what. maybe i should have called the thread questions and comments. would that have made you happy?

Yes.

Minion
Wow, then you must not know much about sentai.

not much at all, but i don't really care.

DarkTerror
Yeah after the Zeo thing sure made it look like it was Billy. I thought it was sick becaue I thought of the gold ranger even cooler than Tommy. And well lets face it. Billy isnt cool.

My second guess was that boy from power rangers the movie.
Dont ask how or why. I just thought he may have had connection to it.

Sunfire Ranger

When I saw the first Zeo ad, I thought Rocky was Red, Billy was Blue, and Tommy was green. I also, thought Adam was a goner.

RyoSanada
What's wrong with supersentai.com? I think its a nice site actually. I go there all the time. It may not tell you everything, but it tells you enough.

Lord Zorinthrox

Him, don't remember. I. the child I was, took the show the way they dished it out to me. I probably assumed that for a while.

I'd say that the Black/Green position changes for asthetics, in sentai that is which reflects on Power Rangers. If the Green Galaxy Ranger's color was black, then to colorscheme wouldn't work. The "Condor Zord"(Yeah. Right. I hate it when they change the zord name for no obvious reason.) would look terribl in black. Same for Dairanger/MMPR:S2, the lion zord wouldn't look right in black and the color scheme wouldn't work for the Dairanger suits. So, there's an answer.

Well, they probably meant for that exact thing to happen, but David Yost chickened out and instead of Pwer Ranger Stardom as the Gold ranger, he quit. So, they probably rewrote it so Jason would come back and tack his place as the Gold Ranger.

MattEmily
01/02/18, 08:24 PM

1. never paid much attention to the colors.

2. True it started out with Black but it's probably a case of the suits. Let's see how many Green Rangers and Black Rangers we have shall we?

Green MMPR
Green Zeo Ranger
Green Turbo Ranger
Green Galaxy Ranger
Green Lightspeed Ranger
Green Time Ranger
Ninja Storm Green Ranger
S.P.D. Green Ranger
Green Mystic Ranger
Elephant Spirit Ranger
Ranger Green
Green Samurai Ranger (Mike)
Green Super Mega Mode
Green Dino Charge Ranger

Black MMPR
Black Alien Ranger
Black Space Ranger
Black Bison Ranger (Wild Force)
Dino Thunder Black Ranger
Shadow Ranger (blue and black Ranger)
Black Overdrive Ranger
Bat Spirit Ranger
Ranger Black
Black Megaforce Mode
Black Dino Charge Ranger

it seemed like they were just teasing us with Billy becoming the Gold Ranger since I don't think anyone was planning on him being a Ranger again

PRangerX
01/02/18, 09:22 PM
Yeah, or course we can excuse that poster making a mistake about Yost. Since his post was made years before Yost came out came and revealed he left because of redicule from some of the crew.

A Gia To Remember
01/02/18, 09:25 PM
I can certainly understand why he let then. Its ashame some of the crew were so ignorant. I just hope it wasn't any or the main guys. I still don't get why they wouldn't have wanted Billy to be Gold.

MattEmily
01/03/18, 12:24 AM
I can certainly understand why he let then. Its ashame some of the crew were so ignorant. I just hope it wasn't any or the main guys. I still don't get why they wouldn't have wanted Billy to be Gold.

David only mentioned it was crew so it wasn't cast but he never elaborated on the "crew" but I think we can certainly understand why he left since I don't think anyone would want to put up with that ridicule.
I don't know why they didn't want him to become the Gold Ranger either but perhaps he had personality issues as well on set?

PRangerX
01/03/18, 12:34 AM
I think its pretty clear the plan wasn't to make him the Gold Ranger. Since he wasn't slated to leave. He left abruptly after Jason already rejoined the cast.

MattEmily
01/03/18, 08:44 AM
I think its pretty clear the plan wasn't to make him the Gold Ranger. Since he wasn't slated to leave. He left abruptly after Jason already rejoined the cast.

indeed they probably had no clue what to do with Gold at the time that's one of the many stories that I had heard.

Todd Oliver
01/03/18, 02:09 PM
I thought Tommy was going to be Green too. But only because I missee the Zeoquest episodes in their first run. I did see Hogday Afternoon when it first aired.

Superstatler
01/03/18, 02:13 PM

No but I was pretty surprised Adam was Green instead of Black.

It just depends on what Toei decides. They tend to rotate certain colors in and out. MMPR just happened to stsrt with a Sentai that used black.

I think Billy was always just supposed to be a red herring. They had no plans to make him a Ranger again.

King Ranger
01/03/18, 02:15 PM
It sucks that it was under the circumstances that it was under, But it was probably time for the character to leave anyway. His role as technical advisor was getting the character nowhere. And just reminded fans Billy wasn't a Ranger. He just didn't have that big of a role.

DinoThunderKira
01/04/18, 05:20 PM
Billy as a non Ranger was just boring and got old fast.

Blastr Zack
01/04/18, 05:22 PM
Billy should have been Blue and Rocky could have been the one phased out

Everyone Loves Rocky
01/04/18, 05:27 PM
Billy should have been Blue and Rocky could have been the one phased out

That would only make sense if the plan was to have Rocky hang around and become Gold down the line.

Adam White Tiger
01/04/18, 05:35 PM
I was hoping that Adam would be Zeo Red. But I figured that was unlikely. But I am glad that he at least was the only one who could piolet Red Battle Worrier.

Bonus Ranger
01/04/18, 05:48 PM
I figured it made too much sense for Adam to be Green. I was just curious where Rocky was going to be.

MattEmily
01/05/18, 12:29 AM
I was hoping that Adam would be Zeo Red. But I figured that was unlikely. But I am glad that he at least was the only one who could piolet Red Battle Worrier.

you mean the only OTHER Ranger to pilot the secondary red zord other than Tommy and the Red Battle Warrior is Wes' Battlizer so I don't know how you can pilot it I think you mean the Red Battlezord

Adam White Tiger
01/05/18, 12:18 PM
I meant the Zeo Zord sorry.

MMPR Fan
01/05/18, 12:19 PM
The Zeo Zords were all forgettable to me anyway.

MMPR Forever
01/05/18, 12:20 PM
I would have cared about them more if they were just new Zords for the MMPR Rangers.

MMPR Guru
01/05/18, 12:22 PM
It would have been perfect. Since Kimberly could have lost the Pink Powers for good, given us a reason to only have five Rangers. People would have got over the color schemes not matching perfectly.

Corn-Ball Kimberly
01/05/18, 12:25 PM
I was just glad Kimberly was finally written out.

Silvy In Space
01/07/18, 10:36 AM
Green seemed liked the obvious role for Adam, since there was no black. I figured they would take the opertunity to make Tommy a Red Ranger and Rocky would take blue. I just wasn't sure how they would fit in Billy and Tanya.

MattEmily
01/07/18, 11:56 AM
I meant the Zeo Zord sorry.

what do you mean by the Zeo Zord?

all 5 Rangers could pilot the Zeo Megazord same with the Super Zeo Megazord.

MMPR Forever
01/07/18, 05:46 PM
On the Green thing, I was pissed. More more pissed they changed the suits and powers at all. I thought we were going tl get an MMPR season 4. And they didn't continue and lick up wnere the cliffhanger left off.

Sentai Snob
01/07/18, 05:53 PM
Believe it or not I was pissed too at the change. But that was when I was young and before I discovered Japanese Sentai. Now I know it was for the best and wish they changed things even more to match the source material.

Zeo Power
01/07/18, 05:57 PM
Zeo totally wowed me and remains the best season for me. It totally blew MMPR away.

Adam White Tiger
01/07/18, 06:00 PM
what do you mean by the Zeo Zord?

all 5 Rangers could pilot the Zeo Megazord same with the Super Zeo Megazord.

I meant the Red Battlezord from Zeo. I consider that a Zeo Zord.

PRangerX
01/08/18, 11:32 PM
Believe it or not I was pissed too at the change. But that was when I was young and before I discovered Japanese Sentai. Now I know it was for the best and wish they changed things even more to match the source material.

I was pretty excited. But I used to always embrace all the changes back then. I knew PR would have something new every year. The idea of new suits and a new series sounded exciting. Of course back then I kept expecting the show to eventually get cancelled, so I was glad to have more seasons.