PDA

View Full Version : Question about "King Mondo's Last Stand"

turbo409uk
08/06/03, 11:53 AM
For anyone that's seen OhRanger, was the SuperZeo Megazord Vs Mondo battle spliced together from two seperate fights?

ie. In some parts of the fight [pic3] the sky looks much brighter and it doesn't seem to be in the city ...

The Ripper
I don't think anything was spliced dude.

RiDOptimusPrie
Panel 3 looks to be American, because the rest is darker and grainer, which I have heard is a trademark of the Sentai footage back then.

MegaMatt
08/23/03, 11:55 AM

What happened in OhRanger was this:

In OhRanger, [Mondo] Bacchus-rage uses the sword to enlarge himself. OhRanger attempt to stop him with OhBlocker [Super Zeo Megazord] but they're unsuccesful. (Picture 3 doesn't look like it takes place in the city because it didn't)

Ohrangers undergo training for a special sword technique. After they've mastered it, they go back and fight Bacchus-rage again, this time they defeat him by slashing him with both swords combined, splitting him down the middle.

puperazzi
Is that Machina and Sprocket in the bottom of the second frame? Because Sentai footage is grainy... But composited sentai footage is grainier!

Poweranimals
Is that Machina and Sprocket in the bottom of the second frame? Because Sentai footage is grainy... But composited sentai footage is grainier!

yes

turbo409uk
08/24/03, 11:57 AM

Not only is the Sentai footage grainy. My copies of the episodes are from the Fox Kids UK 1997 airings so they really aren't the best of quality.

Fox Kids recently re-aired "A Zeo Beginning" - "Do I know You?", then just stopped. But atleast it's more episodes than BoPR have aired so far.

Btw, MegaMatt, thanks for the info :)

GoldRanger
08/24/03, 11:57 AM
I doubt they would put together different eps. to make a fight.

MattEmily
01/02/18, 01:09 PM
For anyone that's seen OhRanger, was the SuperZeo Megazord Vs Mondo battle spliced together from two seperate fights?

ie. In some parts of the fight [pic3] the sky looks much brighter and it doesn't seem to be in the city ...

no it wasn't it was all from the same episode.

that's correct.

I doubt they would put together different eps. to make a fight.

you don't know them very well do you?

Zeo Power
01/02/18, 07:24 PM
This was such an epic fight in Zeo. I was totally surprised that Mondongot defeated. Of course I didn't realize he was coming back.

MMPR Forever
01/02/18, 07:25 PM
This is what really disappoints me though. If they could splice together fights like this there is no reason they couldn't continue MMPR for a few more seasons at least

DinoThunderKira
01/19/18, 11:40 PM
I was very surprised when Mondo dies so early. Of course I didn't know he was coming back until Machina made her comments to Sprocker.

MattEmily
01/20/18, 01:20 AM
This was such an epic fight in Zeo. I was totally surprised that Mondongot defeated. Of course I didn't realize he was coming back.

I was very surprised when Mondo dies so early. Of course I didn't know he was coming back until Machina made her comments to Sprocker.

yea which is interesting since he never came back in Ohranger but they did the same thing with Darkonda and Diabolico as well. They used the footage where they're killed off in Sentai but they just keep on using them the only difference in Mondo, Darkonda and Diabolico's cases is that most of Diabolico's footage once he came back was new since his counterpart was never around their counterparts to our Bansheera and Olympius all that much.

This is what really disappoints me though. If they could splice together fights like this there is no reason they couldn't continue MMPR for a few more seasons at least

again that ep wasn't spliced did you not read my post? that whole battle against King Mondo came from the SAME EXACT EPISODE which was Ohranger 34

No Green Spandex
01/20/18, 12:05 PM
They were exceptionally creative with the footage in those days.

KimandTommy
01/20/18, 12:06 PM
Im surprised they didn't make Kat the main villian after Mondo was destroyed. That was her chance to take over. But I guess they wanted to focus on Rita and Zedd.

MattEmily
01/20/18, 01:25 PM
They were exceptionally creative with the footage in those days.

true but fight footage generally wasn't spliced together unless it was a MMPR zord battle during MMPR2 or MMPR3 but some ground battles in MMPR2 were indeed spliced together.

Im surprised they didn't make Kat the main villian after Mondo was destroyed. That was her chance to take over. But I guess they wanted to focus on Rita and Zedd.

all right you did it again. Kimberly, Billy, Trini, Jason, Tommy, Adam, Rocky, Carlos, Cassie, Justin, Ashley, Kendrix, Maya, Commander Stanton, Dana, Jen, Tori, Hunter, Blake, Kira, Conner, Ethan, Syd, Vida, Nick, Will, Lily, RJ, Dillon and Zenowing were all evil.

Saban Fan
01/20/18, 05:48 PM

Saban wouldn't have made Kat evil. Saban never intendee for Kim and Tommy to end up together. Kat over was intended to ene up with Tommy. Saban liked Kat and Tommy as a couple.

Sensei Ranger
01/25/18, 12:16 PM
I am surprised they didn't save the right for the end of Zeo. The final fight with the machines was original footage right?

Hayley Oliver
01/25/18, 12:18 PM
I think they wanted the villain power struggle drama. It was a bit anti-climatic when Mondo just returned.

MattEmily
01/25/18, 01:58 PM
I am surprised they didn't save the right for the end of Zeo. The final fight with the machines was original footage right?

the one with the Giant Rangers? yes that's correct but they probably didn't think Mondo's fight against the Super Zeo Megazord was "Final Battle" worthy plus Jason coming in would've been a good excuse for what happened with Rocky which is why he tried to fight him on his own not to mention Mondo had to be out of the picture anyway due to the upcoming villains.

Lunarwolf Landing
01/26/18, 05:28 PM
I wonder why they even bothered bringing Mondo back?

Astro Omega
01/26/18, 05:29 PM
It all worked out since the Machines Played a role in C2D.