PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who

Ignis
07/11/10, 12:29 AM
Anybody watch it?

Kamen Rider Decade
07/11/10, 10:39 PM
I have watched it since the Christopher Eccleston's Doctor, I prefer him the most.

Ignis
07/17/10, 10:19 PM
The new episode was epic.

Kamen Rider Decade
07/19/10, 03:17 PM
The new episode was epic.
I am assuming you are talking about the American rerun broadcasts.

Ignis
07/19/10, 05:07 PM
Yeah.

mbozzo
01/30/11, 04:26 PM
I used to watch Doctor Who while it was on Sci-Fi. I wish that it return to Syfy. :(

Digifiend
04/08/11, 07:42 PM
New season on BBC One and BBC America on April 23 - only two weeks to go! :D

Shadow Ranger Blue
04/17/11, 07:36 PM
New season on BBC One and BBC America on April 23 - only two weeks to go! :D

I can't wait, although I'm pissed I only get out of work past 7 on a Saturday so I can't watch it as it airs. I will have to record it on my Sky+ box and watch it when I get back. Sucks because my friend will probably text me and tell me the ending before I've had chance to watch it.

Timefire
04/18/11, 11:30 AM
I have never watched it. What is it about?
They are airing it on a not so famous greek channel latelly

Digifiend
04/21/11, 08:35 PM
Where do I begin...?

The Doctor is a time-traveller known as a Time Lord, from the planet Gallifrey. With his human companions, he travels through time and space, armed only with his wits and his Sonic Screwdriver, he fights the evils of the universe including Daleks, Cybermen, renegade Time Lord The Master, and other alien races. If he's fatally injured, he just regenerates into a new body (the explanation for recasting the role of the Doctor).

Currently in his 11th body, he travels with Amy Pond, and her new husband Rory Williams. In the season opener, they'll meet up with old acquaintance Professor River Song, who hides some dark secrets.

Bad news guys. From 1973 to 1976, the Doctor (in his third and fourth bodies) travelled with a journalist named Sarah Jane Smith. Her actress Elisabeth Sladen, who has starred in spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures since 2007, has died aged 63 from cancer. A tribute will be on CBBC at 6.45pm on Saturday, right after Doctor Who finishes on BBC One.

Timefire
04/22/11, 07:00 AM
Damn, rest in piece for her.
It sounds very interesting this show. I love time travelling so I may have a look at it

Digifiend
04/22/11, 12:49 PM
You'll find plenty of info (and spoilers!) at http://tardis.wikia.com - the show's been running since 1963 and has three ongoing spin-offs (Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood, and K-9) so there's a lot of material in the archive. Some of the 1960s episodes of Doctor Who you'll never see though - the BBC wiped them in the days before video recorders and multi-channel TV were available.

There was 26 seasons from 1963 to 1989, a TV movie in 1996, and then four modern seasons in 2005-2008, then a few stand alone episodes in 2009 before series 5 last year. The start of modern series 5 is a good jump on point, as that's just after the Doctor regenerated into his 11th body, and is when he meets his current companions.

Kamen Rider Decade
04/22/11, 01:23 PM
I heard those episodes that were lost, were lost due to fire not intentionally. Either way can't see them, not that I would want to.

Timefire
04/22/11, 04:59 PM
I asked my mom and she said she was watching it in the past. lol, she never told me about it

Digifiend
04/23/11, 07:23 PM
I heard those episodes that were lost, were lost due to fire not intentionally. Either way can't see them, not that I would want to.They were lost due to being overwritten (they reused the tapes), not because of fire.

OK, anyone watch today's new episode, The Impossible Astronaut? 10 minutes in, an unbelievable sight... I won't spoil it, but :eek:.

Also, Amy's up the duff! :D

Kamen Rider Decade
04/24/11, 12:01 AM
They were lost due to being overwritten (they reused the tapes), not because of fire.Maybe I'm thinking of another show.

OK, anyone watch today's new episode, The Impossible Astronaut? 10 minutes in, an unbelievable sight... I won't spoil it, but :eek:.Had to work but DVRed it.

Also, Amy's up the duff! :DWhat the heck does up the duff mean?

ciaranred
04/24/11, 08:49 AM
Oh my god yesterday, they were quite interesting, and ya they diffenitly was a great series, i love the new doctor but to be honest my favorite would be Tom Bakers wit5h Tenantn coming in third.

Kamen Rider Decade
04/24/11, 10:42 AM
My fav is the 9th Doctor and the kind of sort of clone of the 10th Doctor.

I can't believe Pond shot at a little girl.

ciaranred
04/24/11, 12:45 PM
My fav is the 9th Doctor and the kind of sort of clone of the 10th Doctor.

I can't believe Pond shot at a little girl.

Yes i agree, my god was that just shocking and i love the doctors "Amy What r u doing" in slow motion and imagine in his head " Okay wait does she hate being preagnent that much that she kills little girls"

Digifiend
04/24/11, 01:12 PM
What the heck does up the duff mean?Expecting a baby - Amy told the Doctor that she thinks she's pregnant.

TaJaDoru
04/24/11, 03:21 PM
Expecting a baby - Amy told the Doctor that she thinks she's pregnant.

Well, the way that she all but ran to the bathroom at the White House, kept holding her stomach....makes me think that she is.

Got to say, a great way to open the season! I'm looking forward to what's going to be happening the rest of the time.

One thing that made me start thinking with River talking with Rory in this episode: back when David Tennant was still the Doctor--I think it was in Silence in the Library--when we first met River, she told him "Spoilers" when he'd ask her a question about how he knew her. With both of their timelines being seperate from each other, would it be possible that she met him sometime in HIS past at any point?

Kamen Rider Decade
04/24/11, 07:22 PM
If she met him in his before the library ep then he wouldhave known her.

ciaranred
04/25/11, 11:59 AM
fraid not, at some point the elevtheen doctor or maybe the twelve doctor will meet her for the first time, from her perspective, but by this point the doctor will technically be meeting her for the last time. or second last. the last time is when he gives her the sonic screw driver with the memory chip.

The reason she knew it was the doctor was the face thaat he got out of the tardis in the liabary looking for someone, so she put 2+2 together especially when he didn't reckingise her, so thats how she knew who the doctor was.

Kamen Rider Decade
04/26/11, 12:08 AM
She knows who the Doctor's every face up until the last time the Doctor will ever meet her if not beyond that.

ciaranred
04/26/11, 04:24 AM
She knows who the Doctor's every face up until the last time the Doctor will ever meet her if not beyond that.

How does she know that, becasuse i honesrly don,t know

Shadow Ranger Blue
04/26/11, 06:20 AM
How does she know that, becasuse i honesrly don,t know

In the last episode aired, she explained this. They are meeting each other at different times. The Doctor is meeting her backwards, hence she says her future is his past.
If you remember Silence in the Libary, she looks into the Doctors eyes and says shes never seen them so young. This was the first time the Doctor had ever met her whilst for her, it was the final time. This also means the last time the Doctor will meet her, will be years into his future, more than 200 years if what the Doctor said before he was killed in the last episode was correct.

Kamen Rider Decade
04/26/11, 02:25 PM
How does she know that, becasuse i honesrly don,t knowRiver possessed pictures of all the Doctor's incarnations (DW (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/DW): The Time of Angels (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Time_of_Angels)), though she did not know the order of the Doctor's incarnations.

Digifiend
05/05/11, 07:57 PM
The Sarah Jane Adventures has been axed. They're showing six already filmed episodes later in the year, but with the death of Elisabeth Sladen, they aren't making any more.

NormaN
05/05/11, 11:39 PM
I just started watching it, finished the first season of the 2005 series in 2 days. I already watched a few episodes here and there with David Tenant and thought he was awesome. I thought I wouldn't miss Christopher Eccleston but dang, it's going to suck watching Tenant go.

Zabitan
05/05/11, 11:56 PM
I like it I used to watch it every Saturday or Sunday on my local PBS affiliate along with Blakes 7.

I want to watch it from the beginning so I can get all the important stuff like the Doctor's regenerations when they introduced villains, and monsters but since there are episodes that don't exist anymore I want to know what all the really important episodes are.

Digifiend
05/06/11, 09:49 AM
You need to watch the first, second, and last serials of the First Doctor era, as the second serial introduces the Daleks, and the Cybermen, in their debut, were the last villains he fought before his first regeneration. The second Doctor, watch the War Games. I'd say to watch any episode involving a companion leaving or joining, but the second Doctor's longest serving companion, Jamie McCrimmon, debuted in The Gunfighters, which is now wiped. :(

I recommend looking up episode summaries on http://tardis.wikia.com - you can get a list of episodes for each season by looking up Season ##.

Zabitan
05/06/11, 05:33 PM
Huh thanks.

NormaN
05/08/11, 10:33 PM
Watched Season 2 finale today, I don't think a TV show has actually ever made me cry until now. It's going to be hard to watch Doctor Who without Rose. Can't wait to see her again.

Kamen Rider Decade
05/08/11, 11:43 PM
Rose was awesome. The companion that comes after the next one is awesome, didn't like her accent though sounded to New Jersey to me.

Digifiend
05/10/11, 01:00 PM
That's too vague. You see, Donna was the main companion in series 4, but she first appeared in The Runaway Bride, the second Christmas special, the very next episode after Rose's exit. So did you mean Donna, or series 3's companion Martha? Either one could be interpreted as the next companion after Rose.

Kamen Rider Decade
05/10/11, 07:57 PM
The runaway bride.

Vague because I couldn't remember their names & to lazy to look 'em up.

Digifiend
05/11/11, 10:35 AM
So you don't like Donna's accent? Don't watch The Catherine Tate Show then!

Kamen Rider Decade
05/11/11, 07:24 PM
So you don't like Donna's accent? Don't watch The Catherine Tate Show then!

Never heard of it

Digifiend
05/13/11, 08:47 PM
:eek:You cannot be serious!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catherine_Tate_Show

Kamen Rider Decade
05/14/11, 11:34 AM
:eek:You cannot be serious!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catherine_Tate_ShowI am not British. I live in the formerly good ole USA.

NormaN
05/14/11, 01:19 PM
I am on Season 4 now. Season 3 finale was pretty epic but right now Season 2 tops it. Doctor Who is a hard show to watch, I just got used to Martha Jones and she left, having companion changes almost every season is sad.

Digifiend
05/15/11, 08:08 PM
Yeah, the current season, series 6, is the first one since the revival where the previous season's Doctor and companion have stayed around.

Series 1: Doc 9 and Rose
Series 2: Doc 10 and Rose
Series 3: Doc 10 and Martha
Series 4: Doc 10 and Donna
Series 5: Doc 11 and Amy
Series 6: Doc 11, Amy and Rory (see Promoted to Opening Titles on TV Tropes)I am not British. I live in the formerly good ole USA.Doesn't matter. It aired there and is out on DVD. Of course, you'll want to avoid it anyway.

Kamen Rider Decade
05/16/11, 12:28 AM
Doesn't matter. It aired there and is out on DVD. Of course, you'll want to avoid it anyway.If it aired on BBCA I couldn't have seen I just got it this summer and only started watching the channel when the new series of DW came on.

NormaN
05/18/11, 08:29 PM
Watched Season 4 finale recently, pretty good. It was nice to see all of the old companions in the revived series. It was nice seeing The Doctor and Rose again, but I was disappointed that there wasn't much scenes where the real Doctor and Rose could interact like they did in Season 1 and 2.

NormaN
05/21/11, 10:43 PM
Just finished The End of Time, what a way to end an era.

Digifiend
05/28/11, 09:56 PM
:eek: Amy's a Ganger!

NormaN
05/29/11, 08:16 PM
Heh, yes she is. I loved that part when Matt said "Ah! I'm still not ginger!"

Anyway I just finished Season 5. At first I didn't like Matt Smith that much, I didn't see how he could replace Tennat, but in Angels of Time he got me with his speech about never putting him in a trap.

The cracks scared me a bit in the beginning, it was like they were doing a complete reebot of the series and even though I have only seen the past 4 seasons I thought it would suck. Luckily The Doctor fixed the cracks and everything is restored. Can't wait to see more of Matt Smith in Season 6.

Digifiend
05/31/11, 06:14 AM
lol, you won't get my reference above until you see episodes 5 and 6 of series 6. I wasn't talking about her hair!

NormaN
06/02/11, 10:43 AM
Ah! I see now, good thing I didn't remember what you said until Matt dissolved her.

Well, now I am finally all caught up and can watch the shows live, or at least live when it is airing in Canada.

Digifiend
06/03/11, 06:32 AM
How far behind are you? In the UK, episode 7 is tomorrow, and in the US, episode 6 is tomorrow.

NormaN
06/03/11, 10:48 AM
I live in Pacific Standard time and I live in Canada, if I have to wait a day I'll probably torrent it as I don't really like commercial interruptions while I watch my shows.

KaitlinSkugg
06/04/11, 11:27 AM
^ The feeling is mutual but I live in Scotland so it's adverts/commericals when it is aired on BBC. I watched the full first series before David Tennant took over, and I found it quite a weird turnover from what I watched when I used to go to my gran's when I was little when re-runs of the oldschool 70's/80's Dr Who was aired. A good one none the less, I watched a few with the David Tennant Doctor, and I loved them. I just have poor schedule for watching shows on tv so I catch them on the net. Yet to see any with Matt as the doctor. Worth the watch?

NormaN
06/04/11, 07:58 PM
Yes, very worth it, I doubted Matt at first but he is a very good Doctor, he is a mad man with a box. He also does very, very good speeches. I didn't think anyone could top Tennant but Smith is slowly becoming my favorite Doctor.

Digifiend
06/05/11, 08:23 AM
To clarify, Kaitlin meant NO commercials. The BBC is funded by the taxpayer.

Yesterday's episode was amazing, and I'm going to say one thing... Melody Pond. As soon as I heard the name, I knew how the episode would end.

NormaN
06/05/11, 04:46 PM
SPOILERS

My friend told me who he thought River was, so it wasn't much of a surprise but it was still nice to see it confirmed nonetheless. It would be weird if she started calling Amy and Rory, mommy and daddy later in the series.

TaJaDoru
06/12/11, 06:05 AM
WHAT!?!?!? I was purposely avoiding these threads, but after just finishing the episode, all I can say in the words of the Doctor:

WHAT!?!?! River is Amy and Rory's daughter? And her and the Doctor had some sort of relationship in her timeline, but he doesn't remember it, correct? SO......I'm trying to figure out how the hell they decided to make that fit in.

SOmehow, I had an idea that River had a bigger part in this series then I gave her credit for, but I wasn't expecting that, man.

And now we've got to wait until the fall for the rest of the series!? Not fair! i dont' know.....this is shaping up to be one hell of a season for the Doctor and Friends, so I wonder where it'll go when we come back.

Kamen Rider Decade
06/13/11, 04:22 PM
The Doctor doesn't remember it yet because it hasn't happened for him yet.

The current River is from the Doctor's future.
The current Doctor is from River's past.