PDA

View Full Version : An odd Question

Tazz Davis
04/15/06, 12:57 PM
Something that has been bugging me for a long time is this.

When Disney was casting for Dino Thunder and got JDF to come in to do the black ranger why did they not have the character Katherine from season 3 come back as well. I mean Saban built a huge story line around that relationship and Disney just seemed to throw it out. I mean yea they made mention of the original team in one episode but hell if i was the writer i would have wanted the Tommy/Kat relationship there. Especially for the dedicated fans.

what is your opinion on this subject?

Alexandera Bly
I wasn't much of a big Tommy Kat Fan so Don't know I'm kind of a Proud Tommy and Kim fan so yeah but *shrugs* Unno Disney's messed alot of Crap up rumor has it that Kim will Return in Mystic Force.

Blue Mystic Ranger
What? Where did that rumor come from, Elle?

Tazz Davis
rumor also has it that the ladie that played devitox will be in mystic force somewere.

but to tommy and kat they should have at least gotten her to do one episode with him they really mess things up when they contredict the past seasons. Case in point is the episode Wormhole. That episode suposivily had so many errors that Disney had to not play it on tv.

Alexandera Bly
Wormhole confused me the voices were wrong for Tommy and Trent it was like watching a movie where the words didn't go with the mouth mean their lips were moving but ya had no clue what they were saying. and I rather see Rita come back then Divatox Puhlease she made me wana gag...

Blue Mystic Ranger
Yeah I have to agree seening Rita or even Lord Zedd in it would be interesting.

Alexandera Bly
very interesting at that...

Tazz Davis
well tommy's voice and trents were played by the same guy in wormhole...he tried to alter his voice but from what i understand failed misurably...

Alexandera Bly
haha Yeah I always get a kick out of Sam though lol he's like this lil ball of Light floating around.

Blue Mystic Ranger
lol yeah you don't even get to see what he looks like all the way till the end. And it only is for a second. I had to look at the screencaps to know what future Sam really looked like.

Tazz Davis
yea its odd that the only way for him to come out of morph is to be in the time warp

but i have to say they did do the episode history right....even down to having the morphers in the morphing grid...it makes it look like the morphing grid is a universal item for all rangers.

oh and why didnt Kyra and Ethan know anything about SPD existing when they were the ones that saw the preview curtisy of the morphing grid. they should of at least known SPD existed.

Zero
04/21/06, 12:57 PM
My opinion on this is that Disney donīt even care about the story, they donīt respect the PR franchise and the only thing they care about the the $$$ return

DekaCrimson
04/22/06, 12:57 PM
I wasn't much of a big Tommy Kat Fan so Don't know I'm kind of a Proud Tommy and Kim fan so yeah but *shrugs* Unno Disney's messed alot of Crap

Yea, I didnt care too much for Tommy and Kat, either.

I honestly felt like Dino Thunder could have been a huge fanservice to everyone but the writers missed out on soooooo many story opportunities, its saddening.

Mini Man
04/24/06, 12:57 PM
i'd have liked to of seen tommy/kat in dino thunder. and if the ninja rangers were in it maybe give some ranger type role (NS) to one of them evil girls in NS (in other words the one who was casted in DT)

anakinjmt
05/09/06, 12:57 PM
Well, I AM a Tommy/Kat fan, and I would have loved to have seen that. Catherine Hillard was probably still mad at being let go during Turbo when, according to her, she didn't want to leave the show. The idea of Kat being back is too good to pass up. It also could be they tried, but Catherine Hillard didn't want to. I'm still a little surprised JDF came back.

I'd like Divatox to come back IF she was played by Carol Hoyt. I don't care if Hilary Shepherd Turner originated the role in the Turbo movie. Caroy Hoyt's was the right mix of annoyance with Elgar and evilness. Turner's Divatox seemed too...comedic and just on the bad side and not evil. Carol Hoyt in my mind IS Divatox, not Turner.

Zedd coming back...THAT would be great. Having Zedd come back without Rita would be sweet. Find a way to make him bad again, and have him be his bad self before marrying Rita.

But, Kat/Tommy...oh yeah.

MattEmily
06/09/17, 01:47 PM
When Disney was casting for Dino Thunder and got JDF to come in to do the black ranger why did they not have the character Katherine from season 3 come back as well. I mean Saban built a huge story line around that relationship and Disney just seemed to throw it out. I mean yea they made mention of the original team in one episode but **** if i was the writer i would have wanted the Tommy/Kat relationship there.

unfortunately they weren't willing to pay for the return of anyone other than JDF.

What? Where did that rumor come from, Elle?

at the time such rumors would've came from the infamous IMDb sadly its users are infamous for spreading such lies before a season comes out.

rumor also has it that the ladie that played devitox will be in mystic force somewere.
but to tommy and kat they should have at least gotten her to do one episode with him they really mess things up when they contredict the past seasons. Case in point is the episode Wormhole. That episode suposivily had so many errors that Disney had to not play it on tv.

would've been awesome if either Carol or Hilary preferably the latter had came back in a purified Divatox form much like we saw with Rita returning as the Mystic Mother.

Yes I agree that Kat should've came back in at least 1 episode during Dino Thunder but other than Tommy having Trent's voice, Zeltrax using T-drones and there being no place to put the ep in the season there are no other contradictions. Also Wormhole did air on TV it was just a late-to-air episode.

well tommy's voice and trents were played by the same guy in wormhole...he tried to alter his voice but from what i understand failed misurably...

exactly. Disney didn't want to pay to bring JDF out to film just a few scenes so they just went with using someone else to voice his character.

but i have to say they did do the episode history right....even down to having the morphers in the morphing grid...it makes it look like the morphing grid is a universal item for all rangers.

oh and why didnt Kyra and Ethan know anything about SPD existing when they were the ones that saw the preview curtisy of the morphing grid. they should of at least known SPD existed.

exactly that was an awesome touch and that's exactly what the grid is.

Kira and Ethan didn't know about S.P.D. because the special that was written that had them finding out about S.P.D. didn't involve the Dino Thunder or S.P.D. writers and they didn't want to count the preview as being in continuity with the show.

My opinion on this is that Disney donīt even care about the story, they donīt respect the PR franchise and the only thing they care about the the $$$ return

actually they didn't even want Power Rangers to begin with they just wanted the Fox Family Channel but in order to get it they had to buy Fox Family Worldwide and everything that came with it including the co-ownership rights to Power Rangers, the dubbing rights to Digimon and of course any other rights they had at the time which would include any broadcasting rights as well they also took over Saban Entertainment rights as part of the sale in fact the last 2 episodes of Wild Force were called "End of Power Rangers" because for all intents and purposes those episodes were supposed to be the last episodes of the series but Doug Sloan was able to persuade his Bosses to continue the series by cutting costs down by going non-union and moving filming production to New Zealand so they agreed to do that.

I honestly felt like Dino Thunder could have been a huge fanservice to everyone but the writers missed out on soooooo many story opportunities, its saddening.

it would've been nice if there were more fan service moments that's for sure but they were limited in what they could do.

Well, I AM a Tommy/Kat fan, and I would have loved to have seen that. Catherine Hillard was probably still mad at being let go during Turbo when, according to her, she didn't want to leave the show. The idea of Kat being back is too good to pass up. It also could be they tried, but Catherine Hillard didn't want to. I'm still a little surprised JDF came back.

I'm a Tommy/Kat fan as well and I've would very much enjoyed even 1 episode of Kat coming back and even if Catherine was still upset over her dismissal when she didn't want to leave I don't think she would've let that get in the middle of things since she's an adult and she knows that it's just business and not to mention anyone who would've made that decision to get rid of her, Nakia and Johnny likely wasn't even with the show anymore since most of the previous employees had been let go.

I'd like Divatox to come back IF she was played by Carol Hoyt. I don't care if Hilary Shepherd Turner originated the role in the Turbo movie. Caroy Hoyt's was the right mix of annoyance with Elgar and evilness. Turner's Divatox seemed too...comedic and just on the bad side and not evil. Carol Hoyt in my mind IS Divatox, not Turner.

Zedd coming back...THAT would be great. Having Zedd come back without Rita would be sweet. Find a way to make him bad again, and have him be his bad self before marrying Rita.

I wouldn't want Divatox or Zedd to come back as their evil selves but I'd be fine if they came back as their purified selves.

Spike Hart
06/19/17, 12:57 PM
If would have been cool to have Kat back in DinoThunder. They could have even let it slip that Kim and Skull were now together.

I don't see Divatox coming back for Mystic Force. Since they already brought back Rita and even that was a little awkward.

KimandTommy
06/19/17, 01:00 PM
unfortunately they weren't willing to pay for the return of anyone other than JDF.

at the time such rumors would've came from the infamous IMDb sadly its users are infamous for spreading such lies before a season comes out.

would've been awesome if either Carol or Hilary preferably the latter had came back in a purified Divatox form much like we saw with Rita returning as the Mystic Mother.

Yes I agree that Kat should've came back in at least 1 episode during Dino Thunder but other than Tommy having Trent's voice, Zeltrax using T-drones and there being no place to put the ep in the season there are no other contradictions. Also Wormhole did air on TV it was just a late-to-air episode.

exactly. Disney didn't want to pay to bring JDF out to film just a few scenes so they just went with using someone else to voice his character.

exactly that was an awesome touch and that's exactly what the grid is.

Kira and Ethan didn't know about S.P.D. because the special that was written that had them finding out about S.P.D. didn't involve the Dino Thunder or S.P.D. writers and they didn't want to count the preview as being in continuity with the show.

actually they didn't even want Power Rangers to begin with they just wanted the Fox Family Channel but in order to get it they had to buy Fox Family Worldwide and everything that came with it including the co-ownership rights to Power Rangers, the dubbing rights to Digimon and of course any other rights they had at the time which would include any broadcasting rights as well they also took over Saban Entertainment rights as part of the sale in fact the last 2 episodes of Wild Force were called "End of Power Rangers" because for all intents and purposes those episodes were supposed to be the last episodes of the series but Doug Sloan was able to persuade his Bosses to continue the series by cutting costs down by going non-union and moving filming production to New Zealand so they agreed to do that.

it would've been nice if there were more fan service moments that's for sure but they were limited in what they could do.

I'm a Tommy/Kat fan as well and I've would very much enjoyed even 1 episode of Kat coming back and even if Catherine was still upset over her dismissal when she didn't want to leave I don't think she would've let that get in the middle of things since she's an adult and she knows that it's just business and not to mention anyone who would've made that decision to get rid of her, Nakia and Johnny likely wasn't even with the show anymore since most of the previous employees had been let go.

I wouldn't want Divatox or Zedd to come back as their evil selves but I'd be fine if they came back as their purified selves.

They were still evil. Zordon just brainwashed them to be good against their wills. They could slip up and revert to their real personalities at anytime. Zordon should have vaped them anyways.

MattEmily
06/19/17, 02:59 PM
They were still evil. Zordon just brainwashed them to be good against their wills. They could slip up and revert to their real personalities at anytime. Zordon should have vaped them anyways.

I beg to differ. Yes Rita and Zedd were still evil (but whether it was natural or not we don't know) but we don't know how Divatox became evil. Astronema only grew up to be evil and when she found out the truth she ended up deciding on being good but then Dark Specter had used Darkonda's technology to brainwash her. Zordon knew Astronema was Karone somehow how I don't know but he knew she was meant to be good and I'm sure he knew the truth about the secret behind Divatox as well however we really don't know if Rita and Zedd were naturally evil or if they became evil because of another force.