PDA

View Full Version : Zord Animations

bmw62683
10/23/11, 02:04 PM
(This question can apply to all the zords in MMPR too) Before the Zeo Megazord forms, when Zeo Zords 1 and 2 are being pulled by 3 and 4.... How is this animated? I always thought it could be claymation (think Nightmare before Christmas), stop motion with the toys (I know some scenes in mmpr season 3 used the American toys) or even gone as far as some sort of 3d animation. Does anyone know for sure?

thunderultrazord
11/06/11, 02:05 PM
It's not animated at all. Like a lot of PR and Sentai series of the day it used toys and specially made models in the animal zord fight sequences and these scenes from Zeo were taken from Ohranger footage.

MattEmily
04/26/16, 01:21 PM
It's not animated at all. Like a lot of PR and Sentai series of the day it used toys and specially made models in the animal zord fight sequences and these scenes from Zeo were taken from Ohranger footage.

exactly as this poster states. The sequences are taken from Ohranger and it's mostly a case of them using models which are higher grade material than the toys are. They usually attach wires to the models so that they can control them from off-screen basically like one would control a puppet and then during post production they'll edit the wires out.

One exception to this is in Season 3 in regards to the Ultrazord stuff because that was done with the toys.

Later on in the series they start to use CGI for the sequences. I believe the Omega Megazord in Lightspeed Rescue was the first instance of this in Power Rangers but that was actually taken from the GoGoV sequence.