PDA

View Full Version : Was Billy hiding something?

PRangerX
04/30/09, 06:14 PM
In "Rangers of Two Worlds" Billy starts aging due to the effects of the Command Center's destruction in "Hogday Afternoon". He is taking to Aquitar by Cestria ( someone he fell in love with when he went their to help in a war). Where the eternal falls restore Billy. At the end he sends a message back to the Rangers. Saying that he is going to stay with Cestria on Aqutiar. But the message has interference and we don't see Billy's face or real vioce.

I wonder if Billy was hiding something. Perhaps the interference was accidental. I wonder if the water on Aquitar actually transformed him into Aquation. Maybe he really had to stay. Staying with Cestria was just a plus. Perhaps, he wanted his friends to remember him as he was and not to feel bad that he was stuck on Aquitar. So he jammed the transmission so he could hide the true effects of the water. Its something interesting to think about.

Kamen Rider Decade
And the batter hits into left field it will be a far fetch to get the ball again.

PRangerX
And the batter hits into left field it will be a far fetch to get the ball again.

You've obviously never seen by crazy Jason became Porto theory? lol

Kamen Rider Decade
Remind me to shoot the person who came up with that theory and then descrecrate their body with satanic tattoos and then invite some animals to rape the corpse.

PRangerX
Remind me to shoot the person who came up with that theory and then descrecrate their body with satanic tattoos and then invite some animals to rape the corpse.

It was my theory actually. I made a typo. It was more of a crazy fan fic idea. I caused quite the stir at RB though lol.

In my idea, Divatox captured Kim and Jason. She used this mad scientist to unlock the evil potential in Kim and Jason ( due to the aftereffects of Mailgore's possessing. The experiment Backfires. Jason becomes Porto, a deformed yet intellgent creature. Kim becomes a powerful being that is too hard to control. She escapes.but Divatox makes Porto her chief inventor.

During "Countdown to Destruction", Porto gets fed up with being mistreated...So he works secretly to unlock his evil potential. The experiment turns him into a savage monster. Who ravages this planet. With everything destoryed, Zordon's Wave hits and restores Jason to normal. Jason is distraught at the destruction he caused. The only thing that keeps him going from his depressing is his quest to find Kimberly ( who wasn't around to be hit by Zordon's Wave. Jason is able to get the Red Power Cion from the dark Red Ranger from the comics. Jason tracks Kim's evil form the Earth. But Tommy steps into save the day with the Zeo Crystal. Restoring Kim to normal. Jason just roams through the country with all of his anger. A rift between Jason and Tommy gets stronger. During the events of "Forever Red", Jason puts his differences aside with Tommy to do good one last time.

chris3123
But the message has interference and we don't see Billy's face or real vioce.

That's because they had to get someone other than David Yost to do the voice (and I believe they messed with some stock footage for the face, but I could be wrong). Nothing more to it than that.

PRangerX
That's because they had to get someone other than David Yost to do the voice (and I believe they messed with some stock footage for the face, but I could be wrong). Nothing more to it than that.

Yeah, I know the real reason. Yost walked off the set. Hench why they did the old Billy plot in the first place. I was just talking from an in universe standpoint.

chris3123
Yeah, I know the real reason. Yost walked off the set. Hench why they did the old Billy plot in the first place. I was just talking from an in universe standpoint.

I figured you knew. My point was that that was why his voice sounded different to us. There's no reason to believe it sounded different in-universe.

PRangerX
I figured you knew. My point was that that was why his voice sounded different to us. There's no reason to believe it sounded different in-universe.

The vioce isn't as suspecious to me. Its the way in which we don't get a clear view of Billy. Aparently due to a bad transmission. It just seems a little convient to me.

Kamen Rider Decade
When someone asks about a question in regards to the story they are talking exclusively about the story, production reasoning matters as much as the penny you gave to a charity. It has it's use but is absolutely meaningless.

chris3123
While in general that makes sense, in this case it is the reason. There was no story reason to do what they did. If a show casts an actor who has already been on the show as a completely unrelated character, or if the boom mike appears in the shot, there doesn't need to be an in story explanation.

Of course, that doesn't mean you guys can't speculate. I'm just saying what we saw there doesn't necessarily have to mean anything,

MattEmily
12/07/14, 07:20 PM
In "Rangers of Two Worlds" Billy starts aging due to the effects of the Command Center's destruction in "Hogday Afternoon". He is taking to Aquitar by Cestria ( someone he fell in love with when he went their to help in a war). Where the eternal falls restore Billy. At the end he sends a message back to the Rangers. Saying that he is going to stay with Cestria on Aqutiar. But the message has interference and we don't see Billy's face or real vioce.

I wonder if Billy was hiding something. Perhaps the interference was accidental. I wonder if the water on Aquitar actually transformed him into Aquation. Maybe he really had to stay. Staying with Cestria was just a plus. Perhaps, he wanted his friends to remember him as he was and not to feel bad that he was stuck on Aquitar. So he jammed the transmission so he could hide the true effects of the water. Its something interesting to think about.

I personally think it was an accident, perhaps it was an effect of Billy using their Eternal water just recently kind of like using a wireless device in the Electronics area in a store, your device's wireless signal can get interrupted.

Also I do think that it's possible that he became an Aquitian because of using their Eternal water.

Turbo Guy
12/21/17, 08:16 AM
It was my theory actually. I made a typo. It was more of a crazy fan fic idea. I caused quite the stir at RB though lol.

In my idea, Divatox captured Kim and Jason. She used this mad scientist to unlock the evil potential in Kim and Jason ( due to the aftereffects of Mailgore's possessing. The experiment Backfires. Jason becomes Porto, a deformed yet intellgent creature. Kim becomes a powerful being that is too hard to control. She escapes.but Divatox makes Porto her chief inventor.

During "Countdown to Destruction", Porto gets fed up with being mistreated...So he works secretly to unlock his evil potential. The experiment turns him into a savage monster. Who ravages this planet. With everything destoryed, Zordon's Wave hits and restores Jason to normal. Jason is distraught at the destruction he caused. The only thing that keeps him going from his depressing is his quest to find Kimberly ( who wasn't around to be hit by Zordon's Wave. Jason is able to get the Red Power Cion from the dark Red Ranger from the comics. Jason tracks Kim's evil form the Earth. But Tommy steps into save the day with the Zeo Crystal. Restoring Kim to normal. Jason just roams through the country with all of his anger. A rift between Jason and Tommy gets stronger. During the events of "Forever Red", Jason puts his differences aside with Tommy to do good one last time.

I like that theory. Its pretty whacky ! lol

Massive Ego
12/21/17, 08:17 AM
Its also just fanon nonsense. Just like the kdea Billy becomes an Aquation.

Astro Omega
12/21/17, 08:19 AM
I think there was really a reason why Billy didn't want his friends to see him. It seems too convenient that the transmission just happened to be interfered with.

Captain Codfish
12/21/17, 08:20 AM
I think it's more likely that he couldn't leave Aquitar without aging again. The transmission issue was real.

No Green Spandex
12/21/17, 08:21 AM
I think it's more likely that he couldn't leave Aquitar without aging again. The transmission issue was real.

Thanks to the Gods of Real Life Behind the Scenes Stuff.

Miki1988
12/21/17, 09:34 AM

I think Billy's face can be seen in the transmission, however I'm not completely sure. BTW DY had said it himself - he left mainly because of the production crew who was constantly provoking him on the account that I'M NOT GOING to mention in this post - since this IS a fan board for a kids/teen show.

But even if he got converted to an Aquitian form, he had to find a way to reverse the effects of the eternal water since we do see a MMPR Blue in the Legendary Battle. Unless Tommy got Zyuranger's Tricera Ranger to fill in for him, I think it's safe to say that Billy is fine now. As for Cestria - they separated/divorced after he returned back to normal and she left to be with someone else. Same for Billy. Unless he changed his mind about going back to normal and used a voice-over device to make his voice sound like it did before the events in "Hogday Afternoon".

MattEmily
12/21/17, 10:38 AM
I think Billy's face can be seen in the transmission, however I'm not completely sure. BTW DY had said it himself - he left mainly because of the production crew who was constantly provoking him on the account that I'M NOT GOING to mention in this post - since this IS a fan board for a kids/teen show.

But even if he got converted to an Aquitian form, he had to find a way to reverse the effects of the eternal water since we do see a MMPR Blue in the Legendary Battle. Unless Tommy got Zyuranger's Tricera Ranger to fill in for him, I think it's safe to say that Billy is fine now. As for Cestria - they separated/divorced after he returned back to normal and she left to be with someone else. Same for Billy. Unless he changed his mind about going back to normal and used a voice-over device to make his voice sound like it did before the events in "Hogday Afternoon".

yes you can still see the face CVPMZnd9zDI (look at the video around the 9 minute mark)

also while you can avoid the swear word David used it's fine to mention that he left due to crew members harassing him due to being gay.

We can't say Billy isn't an Aquitian just based on his Legendary Battle cameo that was just a cameo so we wouldn't have seen the weakening effects that Aquitians have during such a short appearance since remember the other Aquitians were there too on top of which their guest appearances in Zeo's "Rangers of Two Worlds" were much longer and we didn't see them weakening in either of those eps.

Bansheera's Revenge
12/21/17, 11:15 AM
Well Legendary Battle was so long after Hogday that whatever issue Billy may have faced could have been solved in the interium. Similar how we have seen depowered Ranger teams get there powers back off screen.

Goldar's Revenge
12/21/17, 11:17 AM
Something happened after FR to depower all the Ranger teams pre NS. But before Legendary Battle all the teams were repowered.

Sentai Is Forever
12/21/17, 11:38 AM
The Rangers had to get their powers back because the Sentai showed this. Its just unfortunate they didn't start the season with the battle like the Super Sentai did. Also combining the two Super Sentais was a bad move.

Superstatler
12/21/17, 11:45 AM
Its not so hard to believe that the transmission could be faulty. Aquitar was far away.And their systems were just repaired from the war with the Hydro Contamintors.

VR Master
12/21/17, 08:04 PM
I felt the same way too. But I don't think he turned into an Aquatian. There seemed like there was something more going on. Whatever the issue, it was solved by Super Megaforce.

No Green Spandex
12/22/17, 05:17 PM
Maybe that Aquatian Water just gave him a bad case of acme?

Cassie Zhane
12/23/17, 12:07 AM
I don't think that he was hiding anything. He knew the Rangers didn't need him anymore and really wanted to stay with Cestria.

Overdrive Omega
12/23/17, 06:56 AM
An interesting obsevation but I don't think thats what the crew was going for.

Blank Ranger
12/24/17, 10:14 AM
Nah, just interference. It was a long distance call afterall.

Super Rad
12/24/17, 05:13 PM
It was just a way around writing Billy out without Yost. There was no intention to imply anything else.

Tzachor Era
12/26/17, 12:43 PM
This is why Tzachor is a great creative mind. He most undoubtly came up with this to get fans thinking. Even though he didn't have the backstage power he had just a year later. I consider Tzachor the creator of Power Rangers.

Ginger Snap
12/26/17, 12:52 PM
Wow you guys still come up with the craziest theories. It always amazes me how deep you see the show.

MattEmily
12/26/17, 01:30 PM
This is why Tzachor is a great creative mind. He most undoubtly came up with this to get fans thinking. Even though he didn't have the backstage power he had just a year later. I consider Tzachor the creator of Power Rangers.

that's funny and completely laughable.

Co-Producer: Ellen Levy-Sarnoff
Supervising Producers: Tony Oliver, Winston Richard (101-140)
Producers: Ronnie Hadar, Jonathan Tzachor
Executive Producers: Haim Saban, Shuki Levy

those were the Producing credits for Season 1 and Shuki himself actually had more power than anyone other than Tony Oliver since Tony was kind of considered Saban's right hand man at the time since he's one of the 2 Saban went to in order to come up with an idea to adapt the show.

Tzachor doesn't have a creative mind anything creative that happens under his control comes from other people. Someone with a creative mind wouldn't be wanting to be copy-and-paste stuff and would want to prove their worth.

Sentai Envy
12/26/17, 01:50 PM
Tzachor should have been the one in power from the beginning. Then Super Super i would have been brought to the Wes in its pure form and we would all be happy Super Sentai fans.

MattEmily
12/26/17, 01:53 PM
Tzachor should have been the one in power from the beginning. Then Super Super i would have been brought to the Wes in its pure form and we would all be happy Super Sentai fans.

it wouldn't have made a difference who was in charge since Saban wanted it to be ADAPTED not copied and pasted he was screwing up the whole intention that Saban wanted and guess what? He was eventually fired for it and anyone who did the same thing would be fired as well if you don't do what your Boss wants you to do then you're going to find yourself in the unemployment line pretty often.

Sentai Envy
12/26/17, 01:56 PM
It was a terrible decision to fire Tzachor. Just like it was a terrible choice to adapt Super Sentai into American Sentai to begin with.

MattEmily
12/26/17, 02:00 PM
It was a terrible decision to fire Tzachor. Just like it was a terrible choice to adapt Super Sentai into American Sentai to begin with.

it was a wise decision since Samurai and Megaforce were both horrible all because of his obsessive need to copy and paste Sentai. Only Sentai lovers will refuse to see the truth that they're only seeing their obsession for Sentai and not the truth. It's a wise decision to adapt Sentai into Power Rangers it's not American Sentai otherwise you're just insulting both shows by calling it American Sentai. Show some respect at least I can respect stuff by properly calling them by the correct names regardless of what I think of a show.

Ultra Fan Blue
12/27/17, 03:21 PM
I don't think he became an Aqautian biologically. But I do see where he could have become dependent on the water. Even if it just kept him from aging again.

Polly Want A Megazord
12/29/17, 10:02 AM
I thought this was gonna be a post about what he was hiding during the Gold Ranger Arch.

I Love Lothor
12/29/17, 09:54 PM
I think they were just trying to make us think Billy was the Gold Ranger.

Sky's Bridge
12/29/17, 10:33 PM
That was the production reason yes. But the real reason was likely that he was working on the prototype for the Turbo Powers. Zordon was paranoid when it came to needing new powers. Can't blame him since his team lost their powers every year. And we know theh needed the Turbo Powers for Myranthius.

As for the real topic of this thread? I think kt was more that Aqjitar was still recovering from the Hhdro Contaminater War.

I Love Lothor
12/29/17, 10:36 PM
That was the production reason yes. But the real reason was likely that he was working on the prototype for the Turbo Powers. Zordon was paranoid when it came to needing new powers. Can't blame him since his team lost their powers every year. And we know theh needed the Turbo Powers for Myranthius.

As for the real topic of this thread? I think kt was more that Aqjitar was still recovering from the Hhdro Contaminater War.

Silly me got confused lol. I wonder if Billy was trying to hide something im that transmission? I think Aquitar would have had all its systems repaired by then.

Superhero Galaxy
12/29/17, 10:46 PM
yes you can still see the face CVPMZnd9zDI (look at the video around the 9 minute mark)

also while you can avoid the swear word David used it's fine to mention that he left due to crew members harassing him due to being gay.

We can't say Billy isn't an Aquitian just based on his Legendary Battle cameo that was just a cameo so we wouldn't have seen the weakening effects that Aquitians have during such a short appearance since remember the other Aquitians were there too on top of which their guest appearances in Zeo's "Rangers of Two Worlds" were much longer and we didn't see them weakening in either of those eps.

I don't think he would literally become an Aquatian. If anything I think his body would be dependent on water like them. But he would still be human.