PDA

View Full Version : Saban delivers shock to its Power Rangers fans

MattEmily
02/08/14, 11:30 AM
Saban Brands via USA Today delivers a FINAL STRIKE shock to its Morphin' Grid universal fans meaning us Power Rangers fans (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/02/08/power-rangers-dino-charge-tv-series/5305153/)

Wow, I just don't know what to say but I'm basically speechless. They're skipping a Sentai.

Zabitan
02/08/14, 11:47 AM
I Know I thought they couldn't legally do that.

Has Toei said anything yet?

MattEmily
02/08/14, 12:11 PM
They couldn't, Toei had to give them permission to do it.

The only question is why they gave them the okay for this course of action.

Zabitan
02/09/14, 09:30 PM
This may sound weird but I'm wondering if they're going to pull an MMPR Season Two, and use Kyoryuger suits but have Go-Buster monsters, and Americanize Enter, Exit, and Messiah as minions of American Deboss.

mbozzo
02/10/14, 09:53 PM
Maybe Go-Buster might come to America as a Power Riders or VR Troopers series. :shock:

MattEmily
02/13/14, 01:43 PM
That's an interesting idea, Zabitan but I'd think they'll just focus on the Kyoruger footage of everything. We'll likely see the Go-Busters in some minor role and possibly some of their footage as well but that's it.

mbozzo, nice idea but they no longer have a copyright on Power Riders.

Zabitan
02/13/14, 02:55 PM
That and if they did we'd sooner be seeing something like Wizard or Fourze as Power Rider, and The new version of Gavan for VR Troopers.

It would be more likely to get a special direct to DVD/Netflix/Saban brands' website Power Rangers show if they were going to go through the trouble of adapting Go Buster.

MattEmily
02/15/14, 11:01 AM
Very true with Kamen Rider but there hasn't been anything new with Metal Hero. They just made the new Gavan in celebration of his anniversary but the new one doesn't have any specific series, they've just been putting him into various shows.

Zabitan
02/15/14, 01:14 PM
True but I always thought with Gavan you could still take the movies, and guest appearances, and use the footage for a a one off VR Troopers movie or something.

MattEmily
02/16/14, 12:47 PM
Probably not since I don't believe he's seen that often by himself... plus the whole charm of VR Troopers was having a 3 member team that's mostly in 80s footage.

Zabitan
02/16/14, 01:45 PM
I see anyway back on topic what do you think about them skipping Go Buster, and what would you have liked to have seen done with it?

MattEmily
02/17/14, 01:54 PM
All I can say for the moment is what I said in the subject, that it's shocking. I haven't seen Go-Busters so I can't say much more than that.

I'm still watching Boukenger so that goes to show you how behind I am with my Sentai watching.

Zabitan
02/17/14, 05:15 PM
Ahh I see never mind then.

MattEmily
05/20/14, 08:02 AM
I'm getting closer, I'm watching Gekiranger right now. I'll keep you up-to-date.

MattEmily
12/20/17, 10:19 AM
I'm getting closer, I'm watching Gekiranger right now. I'll keep you up-to-date.

I'm in the middle of watching Go-Onger so I hope I can get back to it soon

Fanboy Supreme
12/20/17, 08:25 PM
They better not skip another Sentai without checking with me first.

MattEmily
12/20/17, 08:30 PM
They better not skip another Sentai without checking with me first.

they're gonna skip whether you like it or not you have no authority over what they do despite your high superiority complex

No Green Spandex
12/20/17, 08:32 PM
they're gonna skip whether you like it or not you have no authority over what they do despite your high superiority complex

He seems pretty humble to me lol

MattEmily
12/20/17, 08:34 PM
He seems pretty humble to me lol

that's humble? LOL

No Green Spandex
12/20/17, 08:38 PM
Its as true a statement as me saying I love Tommy lol.

MattEmily
12/20/17, 09:02 PM
Its as true a statement as me saying I love Tommy lol.

technically you did when he had Dragonzord power