PDA

View Full Version : Who Zeltrax should have been ?

PRangerX
01/23/11, 04:48 PM
Now we know that Zeltrax was in fact Terrance Smith and thats canon. But I am wondering what everyone would have done instead, if they had the power. And in this case don't worry about casting and budget.

I would have made Zeltrax Jason. Perhaps the two got into a fight over the dino gems. With Jason somehow believing Tommy was going to misuse them. Only for Jason to get badly injured and with amnesia. Only remembering his fight with Tommy. Mesogog would have rebuilt Jason into Zeltrax. As the show went on I would have had Tommy learn of this and try to save his friend. With Jason eventually being restored to normal and becoming the Trassic Ranger.

Kamen Rider Decade
01/24/11, 01:28 AM
A robot.

MMPRGreen
03/21/11, 03:05 AM
Goldar or Rito

mbozzo
03/23/11, 10:15 PM
I agree with MMPRGreen. Zeltrax should have been a alter Goldar or Rito. I originally thought that Zeltrax was Goldar altered by Mesogog. :o

Kamen Rider Decade
03/24/11, 01:06 AM
Goldar & Rito died during C2D, can't be them.

PRangerX
03/24/11, 06:42 PM
Goldar & Rito died during C2D, can't be them.

Actually this came up at Rangercrew. Rito Revolto wasn't part of the UAE invasion. So he persumably was not killed by Zordon's Wave. I believe Goldar was shown briefly in C2D. But not when the wave hit. So its plausible that he survived too.

Kamen Rider Decade
03/24/11, 07:31 PM
If he was part of the invasion and not shown purified he is dust. As for Rito oh goody the Skull of villains is alive. :(

Why was purification always equaled being made a human?

MMPRGreen
03/27/11, 09:01 PM
Goldar was turned to dust, but Rito and Master Ville were not there.

Kinetic
05/25/11, 06:10 PM
Scorpina also was absent.

Back on topic, i thought it would've been Billy.

MMPRGreen
07/03/11, 11:01 PM
Billy? Why billy?

Digifiend
07/04/11, 07:38 AM
Billy is
a) on Aquitar
b) more likely to be a hero like Phantom Ranger
c) played by an actor who was hounded out due to his sexual orientation.

So suggesting Billy is pretty dumb.

luluxiu
08/16/11, 11:08 PM
If he was part of the invasion, rather than the purified, he is dust. Oh, the hypocrisy of the villain RITO skull is alive. Why cleaning is always made equal to man?

Zabitan
11/03/11, 07:26 PM
Truth be told I never put to much thought into this before since I thought it was the same as asking who Villamax or Jindrax or Zurgane was.

If anything I thought they were going to adapt the part from Abaranger where he dies but other characters inherit his armor, and become the new Zeltrax.

MattEmily
11/03/11, 08:57 PM
I do like PRangerX's idea about Zeltrax being a Jason that has lost his memories and Mesogog has taken advantage of that fact and corrupted him into being Zeltrax.

Also Goldar was indeed shown to be part of the invasion however when the Z-Wave approaches, you don't see him at all.

Personally if it was me I would have made it so that Zeltrax would have been Goldar since I don't believe he got hit by the Z-Wave. You don't see him anywhere once the Z-Wave is released so anything is possible with him. However I do like Zabitan's idea too.

Zabitan
11/07/11, 10:06 PM
I always thought Goldar disintegrated with the other villains still sounds cool though.

The one with Jason sounds cool as well.

MattEmily
11/08/11, 01:25 PM
We all have differing opinions on the Goldar thing. Some people think anyone that was shown to be within the various armies has been dusted (aside from Rita, Zedd, Divatox and Astronema/Karone) but some of us don't believe it for the simple fact that if you don't see a villain dusted, it's a good chance they may have ran away beforehand. I mean case in point. You only briefly see Squatt in 1 shot. Now does it mean Squatt was dusted once the Z-wave came? Maybe but we just don't know.

Definitely, the Jason option would have been a lot cooler. Basically they could have done something where it was like a residual effect of Jason passing the Gold Ranger powers back to Trey but it was a delayed response and eventually the residual delayed response knocked him into a coma. Mesogog had been keeping tabs on him and once he was in a coma, he decided to take advantage of him by turning it into Zeltrax... at which point he gives Jason new memories and he doesn't remember anything else at all.

crimsonfireranger
08/17/12, 12:55 AM
I say A robot

MattEmily
09/14/14, 02:56 AM
Truth be told I never put to much thought into this before since I thought it was the same as asking who Villamax or Jindrax or Zurgane was.

If anything I thought they were going to adapt the part from Abaranger where he dies but other characters inherit his armor, and become the new Zeltrax.

It actually wasn't the same as asking who Villamax, Jindrax or Zurgane was since we personally weren't invested in those new characters and those new Rangers. It was a different apple with Zeltrax because he had a connection to Tommy, someone we knew and someone we've been emotionally invested in because of his Power Rangers history.

Zabitan
09/14/14, 11:55 PM
Huh I didn't think about it like that.

I guess looking back it would have been cool if it was Jason or David if JDF's brother was alive.

MattEmily
09/15/14, 04:06 PM
Indeed it would have been, I thought it would have fit well with Jason considering the taxing Trey's powers took on his body.

Dai Shi
10/21/16, 11:53 PM
Wouldn't it have been better if Jason was Zeltrax. Instead of some random guy named Smitty.

MMPR Forever
10/21/16, 11:54 PM
Jason would never go evil! Zeltrax should have been Goldar.

No Green Spandex
10/21/16, 11:55 PM
He could have been brainwashed.

Zabitan
10/21/16, 11:55 PM
It would have been interesting I'll admit looking back now.

Then again I also would have liked Kimberly as Elsa, and Kat instead of Hayley.

White Tiger Fan
10/21/16, 11:56 PM
Jason had become darker by "Forever Red". Having him become Zeltrax would have been the next step in his character's evolution. As well as in the relationship between Jason and Tommy.

Inner Senshi
10/22/16, 12:41 PM
I don't buy that. Jason was always a good guy. I don't get why "Forever Red" made him act like a jerk.

Usagi Reborn
10/22/16, 12:43 PM
Kat in the Hailey role would have made a lot of sense.

KimandTommy
10/22/16, 12:45 PM
I would rather see Kimberly in that role. Jason would never become like Zeltrax. He also shouldn't have acted the way he did in the team up.

Outer Sailor
10/22/16, 12:46 PM
There was just no reason for us to really feel that connected to the rivalry Tommy had with Zeltrax. Since we never even heard of Terrance Smith until Zeltrax's identity was revealed.

Ninja Kat
10/22/16, 12:55 PM
I really wish they did use Kat instead of Hailey.

MMPR Forever
10/23/16, 11:27 AM
I would have loved Kim in the Hailey role. But I have to admit Billy would have made more sense.

Ranger Master
10/24/16, 03:43 PM
Zeltrax as Jason would have been a great tragic twist. Would have really made Tommy take responsibility for his Zordon level mistakes.

Tommy Angel
10/24/16, 03:44 PM
Tommy was a great mentor like Zordon!

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
10/24/16, 03:46 PM
Ranger Master is right. But its not a surprise Tomny started to make Zordon level mistakes. Even without Jason as Zeltrax. He had Zordom as a role model for what a mentor should be.

KimandTommy
10/24/16, 08:19 PM
Tommy was a great mentor. Just like Zordon. It wasn't his fault Terrance Smith had his accident. Smith just used it as an excuse to deny his own carelessness. Tommy wanted nothing but to help him. But Zeltrax insisted on being enemies. Tommy would never have done anything to get Jason hurt. And even if Jason got hurt, he would never take it out on Tommy, He would do everything in his power to help Dr. O fight Mesagog.

Ginger Snap
10/24/16, 09:40 PM
It would have been nice to learn more about Terrance Smith. I am kinda glad this Jason theory wasn't true though.

Captain Mutiny
10/24/16, 09:54 PM
I don't think everyone needs to be a former Ranger. Particularly when we already had Tommy. They did a good job of explaining why Zeltrax hated him. There was plenty of time in between Turbo and DT for Tommy to meet new friends and enemies. Its the same for Hailey.

Tommy Angel
10/24/16, 10:37 PM
Making Jason Zeltrax would have been an awful idea. I do admit Zeltrax was boring. I wish he had more of a sense of humor like Zirgane.

White Spandex Rules
10/24/16, 10:51 PM
If Jason was Zeltrax he would have been under some kind or reprogramming or something. Tommy would have saved him.

Hailey Ziktor
10/25/16, 11:06 AM
Zeltrax as Terrance Smith wss fine with me.

Hailey Ziktor
10/25/16, 11:06 AM
Zeltrax as Terrance Smith was fine with me.

PRangerX
11/08/16, 03:35 PM
I found an earlier thread about this and merged it with the latest one.

I Love Lothor
11/08/16, 03:37 PM
Jason would never be a villian. I don't think it really matter who Zeltrax was. The bad guys in DT weren't anywhere near as good as the Ninja Storn villains.

Mesagog Lives
11/13/16, 09:54 PM
I was fine with Zeltrax being a new character since DT was the first season I watched. I am glad they didn't use Jason since it would have bogged down the season in nostalgia.

MattEmily
11/14/16, 12:28 PM
Jason would never be a villian. I don't think it really matter who Zeltrax was. The bad guys in DT weren't anywhere near as good as the Ninja Storn villains.

never? don't be too sure about that since it could have been a spell type of thing or even a brainwashing type of thing or even a case where Jason nearly dies similar to what had happened with Frax but Mesogog reconstructs him and he loses his memories in the process.

I Love Lothor
11/14/16, 01:06 PM
never? don't be too sure about that since it could have been a spell type of thing or even a brainwashing type of thing or even a case where Jason nearly dies similar to what had happened with Frax but Mesogog reconstructs him and he loses his memories in the process.

That would be ok. But I was talking about being bad of his own free will.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
11/14/16, 01:08 PM
Billy? Why billy?

He became insane do to the side effects of living on aquitar. And blamed Tommy in his delusion. Just a theory on how it coukd have worked.

Ranger Master
11/14/16, 01:10 PM
Terrence Smith wanted the gems and Tommy sabatoged his experiment to stop him. He took a page rught out of Zordon's book. He just didn't count on Smith being rebuilt as Zeltrax.

Forever Jason
11/14/16, 01:13 PM
It should have been Jason leading the DinoThublnder team. Tommy could have been Zeltrax.