PDA

View Full Version : PR News 06/06/08 - Bye Bye Bruce?

Poweranimals
06/06/08, 11:52 PM
I've just been informed that Aaron Stone was picked up and Bruce Kalish will be the EP of it. Based on an earlier tip that this would be Bruce's last year and the fact that his contract was up this year, I'm 90% sure, he won't be back next year.

The bad news is that Jackie might be leaving too.

Harlan Phoenix
06/07/08, 12:11 AM

Disney, is Harlan gonna have to choke a bitch?

Knightfall
06/07/08, 12:14 AM
Its all for the best.

DarkBlaze
06/07/08, 01:07 AM
You might be right Kane. Perhaps a a crew of fresh writer's is what we've needed for awhile now. But with Jackie leaving, that's like history going with her. She's been apart of the crew wince the MMPR days.

Kamen Rider
06/07/08, 02:54 AM

Noooooooo! Not Jackie! :(

If this is true, then... PR 2009 is gonna be a HUGE mess.

undeniable romance
06/07/08, 02:57 AM
this is a damn shame. she has been there since zeo though. although she left after tf i think. then came back.

Knightfall
06/07/08, 03:11 AM
To me, the true strength of the Saban era was Judd Lynn.

I haven't been very impressed with Jackie's solo work during her Disney days.

But yes, PR needs fresh blood. Reviving blood..badly.

For better or worse, PR needs change. PR needs Obama.

masked rider fearon
06/07/08, 03:12 AM
normally when shows get a new set of writers for a show that has lasted a while the first couple of episodes are usually not that great, but that is because the new writers will be experimenting until this show has found a solid story line

Knightfall
06/07/08, 03:17 AM
Thats true. But PR changes it's storyline every year when you think about it.

Experimentation may be good as long as it takes us into original territory away from the Sentai version.

A carbon copy of Goonger in the US would be a disaster.

DarkBlaze
06/07/08, 03:22 AM
Take the scab writer's for instance. They all seem to have put their own style on JF(judging by the episode descriptions).

masked rider fearon
06/07/08, 04:38 AM

Absolutely, most series (except the newer versions) have only touched on some aspects of super sentai series, which was great different story-lines
but as soon as the series is to close to the super sentai senati story line it becomes dull and tiresome.

Knightfall
06/07/08, 12:55 PM
I disagree.

It just depends on the sentai story they are copying. TR had an amazing story and TF turned out great.

Whereas Goonger has no story at all, so that isnt a good sign for PR.

Sakura3
06/07/08, 03:58 PM
Well of the 7 Generations Disney will have produced counting RPM , Dino Thunder is by far the worst as far as being written wise anyway. Just finished Dino Thunder this morning too. They could hve done so much with it. I've enjoyed Power Rangers dating back to Space Patrol Delta which for 4 years in a row through Jungle Fury was very well written. RPM is starting to make me nervous. After 2009 I'll run out of Power Rangers episodes so I hope RPM turns out OK or we're in trouble.

Over the next two years I'm watching Mighty Morphin to Wild Force. After RPM starts next year I'll have to wait and see.

PowerOnyx
06/07/08, 04:18 PM
Is it me or does it seem that Toei is purposely making Super Sentai more difficult to adapt for the Power Rangers series?

Harlan Phoenix
06/07/08, 04:33 PM
Well of the 7 Generations Disney will have produced counting RPM , Dino Thunder is by far the worst as far as being written wise anyway. Just finished Dino Thunder this morning too. They could hve done so much with it. I've enjoyed Power Rangers dating back to Space Patrol Delta which for 4 years in a row through Jungle Fury was very well written. RPM is starting to make me nervous. After 2009 I'll run out of Power Rangers episodes so I hope RPM turns out OK or we're in trouble.

...What?

DarkRanger99
06/07/08, 06:53 PM
Bruce is leaving? Good Riddens.

Kamen Rider
06/07/08, 07:04 PM
To me, the true strength of the Saban era was Judd Lynn.

I agree especially Jonathan Tzachor.

But yes, PR needs fresh blood. Reviving blood..badly.

Once again, I agree.

I won't be surprised if that happens.

It just depends on the sentai story they are copying. TR had an amazing story and TF turned out great.

*Two thumps up* :)

Dino Thunder is by far the worst as far as being written wise anyway.

I agree!

PRangerX
06/07/08, 07:12 PM
I agree especially Jonathan Tzachor.

Once again, I agree.

I won't be surprised if that happens.

*Two thumps up* :)

I agree!

Jonathon was actually the one responsible for PR copying Sentai in its later Saban years. Jonathon was more of a director then a writer. That all fell to Judd and Jackie. And later fell to Amit. I hear he nixed a lot of Amit's ideas. I'm not saying he shouldn't get credit for being showrunner for so many years. Just that he might not be as great as some people think. In some ways he was similar to Bruce.

As for Bruce aparently leaving the show? Well I think its time for new blood. I think the show needs a shake up. It would be sad to see Jackie go though. I always hoped she'd be the one to take over for Bruce.

The problem is the next exec might not have a background in PR either. And may just do what Disney tells him to do. At the end of the day they are the ones that choose the direction for PR. So things might not even change with Bruce gone. Losing Jackie could hurt the franchise.

Knightfall
06/07/08, 07:40 PM
Poweranimals has confirmed on RB that Bruce is 100% gone next year.

Hopefully he can get down here when he has the chance and share what else he found today.

Poweranimals
06/07/08, 09:06 PM
Who said I found anything else out? Actually it does look like they're staying in New Zealand.

PowerOnyx
06/07/08, 09:14 PM
Hey PA what's the episode count of Jungle Fury? Are we still only getting 32 ?

And will the team up be with Phant Swoop and Finn and NOT NS or OO ?

PRangerX
06/07/08, 09:40 PM
Hey PA what's the episode count of Jungle Fury? Are we still only getting 32 ?

And will the team up be with Phant Swoop and Finn and NOT NS or OO ?

Jungle Fury is still only going to be 32 episodes.

The NS team up rumor looks to not be happening. I think its pretty safe to say we are not getting any team ups besides the Spirit Ranger thing.

PowerOnyx
06/08/08, 01:25 AM
That's good news. Adding NS or OO would just ruin an otherwise great season.

PRangerX
06/08/08, 09:20 AM
I think an NS/JF team up would have been awesome. But its not happening, so I guess it doesn't matter now. In hindsight we probably should have kept the NS/JF news quiet until we knew NS was confirmed. Since it hurts PA's credibilty ( not in my eyes). But its too late to go back now.

PowerOnyx
06/08/08, 12:27 PM
Why is everyone all for a NS teamup? NS was a joke!

Harlan Phoenix
06/08/08, 01:50 PM
I think an NS/JF team up would have been awesome. But its not happening, so I guess it doesn't matter now. In hindsight we probably should have kept the NS/JF news quiet until we knew NS was confirmed. Since it hurts PA's credibilty ( not in my eyes). But its too late to go back now.

Nothing could hurt his credibility at this point. I've seen some PAphiles on some boards claim the NS team up was part of his April Fool's joke along with the Hannah Montana thing.

I really wanted to punch that guy in the face.

PRangerX
06/08/08, 02:42 PM
Nothing could hurt his credibility at this point. I've seen some PAphiles on some boards claim the NS team up was part of his April Fool's joke along with the Hannah Montana thing.

I really wanted to punch that guy in the face.

The plan was that people would think the NS team up was a April Fools joke. And then if it happened they'd be surprised. And if it didn't everyone would right it off as a joke. But PA really did here that there was a possibility.

PRangerX
06/08/08, 02:44 PM
Why is everyone all for a NS teamup? NS was a joke!

NS has its supporters, especially for the cast. Plus the JF/NS theme goes with each other. And it would be something different. A first to have a complete old team come back, after so many years.

Harlan Phoenix
06/08/08, 03:22 PM
The plan was that people would think the NS team up was a April Fools joke. And then if it happened they'd be surprised. And if it didn't everyone would right it off as a joke. But PA really did here that there was a possibility.

When you put it next to an announcement like Hannah Montana, that's sort of a stupidly redundant plan, don't you think?

PRangerX
06/08/08, 08:31 PM
When you put it next to an announcement like Hannah Montana, that's sort of a stupidly redundant plan, don't you think?

I wasn't invovled in the Hannah Montana joke. I just knew about it before hand. But I think the idea was to make let people think the NS thing was a joke. But in any case whats done is done.

PowerOnyx
06/08/08, 11:02 PM
This brings several questions to mind.

#1. It was done in Dino Thunder, why do it again? Oh yeah, Ninja School. But if that's the case where was the JF school during the NS season?
Bringing us to:

#2. In OO it was told that Adam had established a dojo in Angel Grove. So why not team-up with him?
Bringing us to:

#3. A team-up with as many Saban Rangers as possible. See #2. The other reason why. Ahem. "10,000 years ago Rita Repulsa was imprisoned in a space dumpster." Okay now this. "10,000 years ago Dai Shi was imprisoned in a stone box."
So........
---
Both existed 10,000 years ago and were imprisoned. Perhaps Dai Shi turned Rita Evil? Hmm...
---

Now logically a team-up between Jungle Fury & previous Saban Rangers would make since via the Adam dojo mention.

The timelines of both said characters make this a better idea for a team-up.

Here's hoping Disney actually caught that storyline within the show. It was the First episode of both the MMPR & JF series that mentioned a 10,000 year imprisonment. C'mon Disney, it's right there! Use the tie-in!! Please.

Also:

It has been rumored that Hannah Montana will guest star on an episode of JF. The JF Rangers will attend a concert. Before anyone bursts into flames, please keep in mind that this is not the first time this has happened.

I.E.

Wild Force: Alyssa's father was played by Branscombe Richmond from t.v.'s Renegade. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0725079/

Time Force: Mr Collins (Edward Albert) was a soap opera (Port Charles) actor before becoming a character on the show. http://www.filmreference.com/film/99/Edward-Albert.html & http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001902/

Here's my theory how the HM PR episode could work.

-----
The Jungle Fury Rangers have suffered a great loss at the hands of Dai Shi. Their Dojo/Pizza Place destroyed, they give up hope. But RJ speaks of "Mighty Warriors of Power" who once fought a great evil. Thus they take a trip to Angel Grove.

Add in Saban Rangers. Preferably those who fought Rita Repulsa. But Saban Rangers nonetheless.

Dai Shi due to some tragic incident turned him into what he will later become in JF. It is explained that Dai Shi's heart turned evil as did Rita Repulsa's.

Dai Shi, friend of Zedd, combined forces to rule the galaxy.

Add a Rita-Zedd-Zedd-Rita-Rita-Dai Shi love triangle.

Dai Shi tried to destroy the Tribunal of Magic. And together with a lovelorn Rita Repulsa & a then un-mutated Zedd, sought to destroy all that was good. Though in a great battle against good. Zordon, the Elders, & Sentinal Knight fought against them.

Thus, Sentinel Knight was reduced to a spiritual state. Zordon was captured in a time warp. Rita was trapped in a space dumpster. Dai Shi was trapped in a stone box. Zedd, betrayed by Dai Shi, his body turned to what it was in the MMPR series. Zedd then left seeking a way to reverse his form.

It is also mentioned in the story that Zedd and Rita had a son back in the Saban era. Master Vile took this son to the M-51 galaxy when the machine empire was destroyed. Using genetic manipulation he sped up the childs growth process. Thus explaining the "how" of Thrax's age in OO. Thrax being a child of evil resented Zordon's wave turning his parents good. Upon Master Vile's death, Thrax sought to destroy all good and....the Power Rangers.

It didn't matter which Rangers, just the spirit of what they stand for. OO happened to become his target as they were the new ranger team that was assembled. But genetic alterations became his demise & why he was destroyed in OO's 2 parter.

The Rangers of the past join together & team-up to fight Dai Shi, the last reminance of the old way. The reformed Rita & Zedd (CtD) also join the team to battle.

Together they defeat Dai Shi. The Sentinel Knight using the Zeo Crystal's last bit of Power, returns a reformed Thrax to the open arms of Rita & Zedd.

The episode ends as the Dojo/Pizza Place is being rebuilt. And the characters say goodbye and part ways.

End episode and JF series.
-----

This ties up so many plot holes from each of the series:

MMPR & JF 10,000 year imprisonment of Rita Repulsa/Dai Shi.
The Zeo Crystal. A REAL ending for Zeo.
Mystic Force "Mystic Mother" story.
Operations Overdrive "Thrax" story.

*Keep in mind that Jason used Mighty Morphin' Power in "Forever Red". Tommy used Zeo Power in "Forever Red", yet Adam did not use Zeo Power in "Always A Chance" or "Once A Ranger", he used Mighty Morphin Power. Seeing as how this was done with Adam, using various Saban Era characters as Zeo Rangers is plausible.*

And the Hannah Montana song in the episode could be "Start All Over" when the team comes together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgu6sUeAd0Q
and "Bigger Than Us"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDcO12P1Zg...feature=related
to end the episode.

DarkBlaze
06/08/08, 11:15 PM
Who said I found anything else out? Actually it does look like they're staying in New Zealand.Is this coming from an actual source? Or is it just a personal hunch?

PRangerX
06/09/08, 12:07 AM

#1. It was done in Dino Thunder, why do it again? Oh yeah, Ninja School. But if that's the case where was the JF school during the NS season?
Bringing us to:

#2. In OO it was told that Adam had established a dojo in Angel Grove. So why not team-up with him?
Bringing us to:

#3. A team-up with as many Saban Rangers as possible. See #2. The other reason why. Ahem. "10,000 years ago Rita Repulsa was imprisoned in a space dumpster." Okay now this. "10,000 years ago Dai Shi was imprisoned in a stone box."
So........
---
Both existed 10,000 years ago and were imprisoned. Perhaps Dai Shi turned Rita Evil? Hmm...
---

Now logically a team-up between Jungle Fury & previous Saban Rangers would make since via the Adam dojo mention.

Here's hoping Disney actually caught that storyline within the show. It was the First episode of both the MMPR & JF series that mentioned a 10,000 year imprisonment. C'mon Disney, it's right there! Use the tie-in!! Please.

Also:

It has been rumored that Hannah Montana will guest star on an episode of JF. The JF Rangers will attend a concert. Before anyone bursts into flames, please keep in mind that this is not the first time this has happened.

I.E.

Wild Force: Alyssa's father was played by Branscombe Richmond from t.v.'s Renegade. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0725079/

Time Force: Mr Collins (Edward Albert) was a soap opera (Port Charles) actor before becoming a character on the show. http://www.filmreference.com/film/99/Edward-Albert.html & http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001902/

-----
The Jungle Fury Rangers have suffered a great loss at the hands of Dai Shi. Their Dojo/Pizza Place destroyed, they give up hope. But RJ speaks of "Mighty Warriors of Power" who once fought a great evil. Thus they take a trip to Angel Grove.

Add in Saban Rangers. Preferably those who fought Rita Repulsa. But Saban Rangers nonetheless.

Dai Shi due to some tragic incident turned him into what he will later become in JF. It is explained that Dai Shi's heart turned evil as did Rita Repulsa's.

Dai Shi tried to destroy the Tribunal of Magic. And together with a lovelorn Rita Repulsa & a then un-mutated Zedd, sought to destroy all that was good. Though in a great battle against good. Zordon, the Elders, & Sentinal Knight fought against them.

Thus, Sentinel Knight was reduced to a spiritual state. Zordon was captured in a time warp. Rita was trapped in a space dumpster. Dai Shi was trapped in a stone box. Zedd, betrayed by Dai Shi, his body turned to what it was in the MMPR series. Zedd then left seeking a way to reverse his form.

It is also mentioned in the story that Zedd and Rita had a son back in the Saban era. Master Vile took this son to the M-51 galaxy when the machine empire was destroyed. Using genetic manipulation he sped up the childs growth process. Thus explaining the "how" of Thrax's age in OO. Thrax being a child of evil resented Zordon's wave turning his parents good. Upon Master Vile's death, Thrax sought to destroy all good and....the Power Rangers.

It didn't matter which Rangers, just the spirit of what they stand for. OO happened to become his target as they were the new ranger team that was assembled. But genetic alterations became his demise & why he was destroyed in OO's 2 parter.

The Rangers of the past join together & team-up to fight Dai Shi, the last reminance of the old way. The reformed Rita & Zedd (CtD) also join the team to battle.

Together they defeat Dai Shi. The Sentinel Knight using the Zeo Crystal's last bit of Power, returns a reformed Thrax to the open arms of Rita & Zedd.

The episode ends as the Dojo/Pizza Place is being rebuilt. And the characters say goodbye and part ways.

-----

*Keep in mind that Jason used Mighty Morphin' Power in "Forever Red". Tommy used Zeo Power in "Forever Red", yet Adam did not use Zeo Power in "Always A Chance" or "Once A Ranger", he used Mighty Morphin Power. Seeing as how this was done with Adam, using various Saban Era characters as Zeo Rangers is plausible.*

And the Hannah Montana song in the episode could be "Start All Over" when the team comes together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgu6sUeAd0Q
and "Bigger Than Us"
to end the episode.

The order in JF is probably not one of the Ninja Acadamies. And even if it was the captured Ninja's were returned at the end of NS.

I don't see why having a team up with NS and DT disqualifies them doing another one with JF. It would have been cool to see it. And much more interesting then an OO team up, imo.

But I must say, your idea for a Saban era/OO/JF team up is interesting and well thoughtout ( although its much harder to get Saban era Rangers then NS ones). I won't despute that it would be a very interesting episode. But I don't see them going to that great lengths to tie together those plotholes. However cool it would be. And at this point its impossible. Since JF scripts are complete, if production isn't done itself.

Harlan Phoenix
06/09/08, 01:03 AM

Bringing us to:

Bringing us to:

So........
---
---

Also:

I.E.

-----

-----

and "Bigger Than Us"
to end the episode.

No.

PowerOnyx
06/09/08, 01:18 AM
I can see why you'd say No. Please realize that this story came to my mind based upon a past post by PA. In no way does it have to include Hannah Montana. If that's what your "No" is about. But if Disney decides to add her it would still work.

Without the HM storyline, it could just be his niece(some random actress) and all can be resolved as normal.

PRangerX
06/09/08, 12:05 PM
I can see why you'd say No. Please realize that this story came to my mind based upon a past post by PA. In no way does it have to include Hannah Montana. If that's what your "No" is about. But if Disney decides to add her it would still work.

Without the HM storyline, it could just be his niece(some random actress) and all can be resolved as normal.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my post.... The Hannah Montana story was a April Fools Joke. The NS one wasn't, just didn't pan out.

Harlan Phoenix
06/09/08, 02:48 PM

That wasn't the reason.

Poweranimals
06/09/08, 02:51 PM
Is this coming from an actual source? Or is it just a personal hunch?

It's moreso just an observation, because if they were moving my source would've likely heard about it by now. That and if the show was moving to Canada as considered previously, Bruce probably would still be involved in some way.

That was something seperate. I messaged Miley on her youtube channel and she said she would help out with the prank by posting a video about it, but she didn't get back to me until like two weeks after it was over. Guess she forgot.

DarkBlaze
06/09/08, 03:01 PM
I do have a question regarding episode amount: who is responsible for making a decrease in PR episodes? It's not Bruce is it?

Poweranimals
06/09/08, 03:02 PM
No. It's Disney.

LePage
06/09/08, 03:04 PM
Well, that was pretty obvious.

DarkBlaze
06/09/08, 03:14 PM
So in other words even if we WERE to move, the episode amount would likely stay the same?

Poweranimals
06/09/08, 03:57 PM
I don't know. Probably.

PowerOnyx
06/09/08, 03:59 PM
TimeForce has 40 episodes but only 31 are actual plot important episodes the other 9 are just monster filler.

---
I don't mind the 32 episodes but I wish Disney could do better with the storywriting.
---

And as far as OO. Disney tried to hard to create "their" version of Power Rangers. The problem was that they still relied on Boukenger.

I hope that with Go-Onger they can do a better job. The reason being that the content of Go-On gives them the perfect opportunity to make "their" version without having to rely heavily on the storyline.

Creatures come to pollute/destroy the planet. Sentient zords.

Everyone complains about the zords looking too childish. The gold and black version proves that theory wrong.
---
Talking zords -- with the right person behind the helm it could be masterful. Perhaps hire someone with a background in animatronics? This would give Disney a better understanding of how to base a story around the talking zords.
---
The only reason this would fail with Power Rangers is if Disney's story sucked. This is their chance to show us what they can do.
---
I just hope it doesn't turn into another Turbo fiasco.

PRangerX
06/09/08, 07:53 PM
The episode count is more of a budget thing. Its got nothing to do with where PR is filmed.

DarkBlaze
06/10/08, 12:17 AM
Okay, well if they can do something like move to whole new location (even though PA's "observation says otherwise), wouldn't an increase in episodes be a possibility for next year. That is IF moving to Canada rumor is true?

Poweranimals
06/10/08, 12:30 AM
Why would moving to a new location mean more episodes? If production moves it's because they're not saving enough money in New Zealand to warrent staying. More episodes won't save money either. I'd thank my lucky stars if the episode count doesn't drop further. Hannah Montana is their #1 franchise and it gets less than 32 episodes per season.

masked rider fearon
06/10/08, 06:25 AM
With new writers,
comes new and fresh ideas
I wonder what new ideas and styles will be in the next series.