PDA

View Full Version : The Nature of the Morphing Grid

PRangerX
03/09/08, 10:07 AM
I was wondering what everyone's take on the morphing grid is? Does every team need to connect to it to be a Ranger? Is it possible to be a Ranger without using the grid?

Personallly, I like to think that every Ranger team is connected to the grid. I know some people like to think that certian teams weren't. But I just feel that it fits nicer since it makes something in common for every Ranger team.

I think the grid is some kind of mystical network that allows worriers with a Power Source ( IE The Zeo Crystal, Wild Zords, Dino Gems, Dinosuar spirits, Ninja Spirits, ect..) to be able to morph into Power Rangers. I think some villains can tap into the grid as well. And probably use the power to make monsters, like Lord Zedd.

I think its kind of a neat idea to think that anyone in the PRU can take a strong power source and create a Ranger team ( by connecting the source to the grid and using morphers).

PrimoPiccolo
03/11/08, 05:43 PM
Was it ever explicitly stated that Zordon created the Morphin Grid? If not, it makes perfect sense for everyone to be linked to it, since it seems to be the leading power source in the fight against evil.

And even if he did, Zordon obviously took the reigns when he made the MMPR, connecting the Zeo Crystal produced the PRZ, and some odd manipulation created the Turbo Rangers. He also seems to have had tendrils throughout the universe, since he was the one who hid the Mega-Vs for the Space Rangers, and somehow managed to make the Astro Megaship and the Nasada shuttle combinable, which makes me think he was the link to Earth and whatever other alien planets (such as wherever Andros and Zhane found their morphers) being able to access the Morphin Grid.

There's really no evidence to suggest the non-Zordon teams didn't use the Morphin Grid to power their Ranger suits, and Operation Overdrive clearly saying they did is a step in the direction of one big link to all of the powers. If Hartford's money could manage a way in, I put nothing past the mystical masters behind the mythic Power Ranger teams.

worriers
Worriers are people who worry. Warriors are people who engage in war.

Jam-Jul Lison
04/28/08, 06:31 PM
Zordon did not make the morphing grid. I believe it was created by the Morphing Masters. They did create the legendary Morphing Eggs. It is likely they created the grid as well. In the next few days I plan on working out on notepad information on what we know about morphers and how exactly they tie into the morphing grid. Well at least the best I can. I have thought of doing this before but I often end up getting sidetracked. lol

red timeforce ranger
04/28/08, 08:08 PM
ninjor created 6 coins

Harlan Phoenix
04/28/08, 08:44 PM
If Funaro were here, we wouldn't need the discussion...he dissected it pretty well on RangerBoard.

PRangerX
04/28/08, 09:34 PM
If Funaro were here, we wouldn't need the discussion...he dissected it pretty well on RangerBoard.

Yeah I remember that thread.

Jam-Jul Lison
04/28/08, 09:35 PM
Yeah I have through that once. I plan on rereading it all. If I remember right, I had my own theories to throw in there. Just can not recall them off hand. lol.

Jam-Jul Lison
04/28/08, 10:06 PM
Here is the link to that thread on rangerboard you were talking about. It could open some interesting discussions here. Maybe allow people to express what they think and possibly form their own theories. either way it is interesting reading. http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=114206

masked rider fearon
06/09/08, 01:54 AM
In mighty morphin we hear the morphing grid
is a struggle between lord z and zordon
when making the white zordon says
something about a 'base programer'
and converting energy to this new ranger
I assume from the morphing grid

in zeo, the zeo crystal becomes part of the
morphing grid

in lost in space after zordon is destroyed
his essence is spared through out the universe
meaning that the power from zordon would live on,
hypothetically if the next rangers had a command base or
something to harness zordon's power

in the one episode of dino thunder (bonus episode end of series)
according to this episode if you tap into the power of the morphin grid
you can see the past, present and the future

According to the episode History from S.P.D.
the morphin grid can detect others rangers
It seems the morphing grid can regenerate morphers.

PowerOnyx
06/09/08, 07:12 PM
I call shenanigans on Disney's Morphing Grid theories.

Harlan Phoenix
06/09/08, 10:13 PM
I call shenanigans on Disney's Morphing Grid theories.

A bit hard to dispute canon.

masked rider fearon
06/10/08, 04:31 AM
Zordon power's source kept him rejuvenated on his planet when he left he became old,
he tapped into this power channeling this power into energy (refined zordon power), the rangers need a base of command to harness this energy.
The sterile surface of a command centre would be coagulating the mass of the energy (unstable mass) to a fixed point where it could be refined into a certain type of power source. As for rangers that don't have a command base they get Zordon 's power from point mass (condensed particle mass) that would be spared through out the universe.

PowerOnyx
06/11/08, 04:12 PM
A bit hard to dispute canon.

The show stopped being cannon when the first episode of Ninja Strom said that the Power Rangers were characters in a comic book.

LePage
06/11/08, 05:26 PM
The show stopped being cannon when the first episode of Ninja Strom said that the Power Rangers were characters in a comic book.

http://www.canada-photos.com/data/media/8/cannon_3960.jpg

And Legacy of Power says otherwise. And seriously, plenty of season have Rangers being unaware that PR exist.

Harlan Phoenix
06/14/08, 11:32 PM

Retcons dispute your claim.

Knightfall
06/15/08, 12:28 AM
Well, to be fair.. the NS Rangers were boneheads.

Harlan Phoenix
06/15/08, 01:09 AM
Well, to be fair.. the NS Rangers were boneheads.

...That has to do with continuity...how?

PRangerX
06/15/08, 05:02 PM
"Forever Red", Dinothunder, "Legacy of Power", "Fighting Spirit", "Once A Ranger", and the various teams ups; prove that PR is one continuinty. For whatever reason Torrie just believed that the Power Rangers didn't exist. Perhaps she believed them to be some hoax or something. The line was taken more seriously then Doug intended it too.

Harlan Phoenix
06/15/08, 07:04 PM
"Forever Red", Dinothunder, "Legacy of Power", "Fighting Spirit", "Once A Ranger", and the various teams ups; prove that PR is one continuinty. For whatever reason Torrie just believed that the Power Rangers didn't exist. Perhaps she believed them to be some hoax or something. The line was taken more seriously then Doug intended it too.

I believe Ninja Storm originally was a new continuity, but DinoThunder retconned that.

PRangerX
06/15/08, 09:07 PM
I believe Ninja Storm originally was a new continuity, but DinoThunder retconned that.

Doug Sloan confirmed that , that was never the case. It was never the intention that NS was its own universe.

PowerOnyx
06/15/08, 10:49 PM
Doug Sloan confirmed that , that was never the case. It was never the intention that NS was its own universe.

They wore their morphers on their wrists in public and people were completely oblivious that they were Power Rangers.

The problem is that continuity is closed and Disney will open it screw it up then never revisit it again until the next series. Then screw it up some more.

LePage
06/15/08, 11:40 PM
They wore their morphers on their wrists in public and people were completely oblivious that they were Power Rangers.
*Cough*Time Force*Cough*

Harlan Phoenix
06/16/08, 04:18 AM

Wild Force jackets.

The problem is that continuity is closed and Disney will open it screw it up then never revisit it again until the next series.

...And Saban DIDN'T do this?

Then screw it up some more.

Define screw it up.

PowerOnyx
06/16/08, 05:18 PM
Wild Force jackets.

...And Saban DIDN'T do this?

Define screw it up.

1. Exactly my point.

2. Saban kept his Rangers within the "same" continuity of his series. Disney started a "new" continuity with Ninja Storm. Then refused to re-open previous Saban continuity then they did and well they started to butcher the original series storylines.

--When the comment about PR being a comic book was uttered this began the Disney continuity.
Disney's way to start anew. Saban's era no more.

--When Tommy returned in Dino Thunder as Dr.O old continuity re-opened. With the team-up Ninja Storm now connected to the Saban series because of Tommy.
This can be seen as the Ninja Storm team has no connections to Wild Force.

3. Thrax. 'Nuff said.

or if you'd like to further the definition:

Alpha - "physically" being inside the Morphing Grid.

Dr. O - Umm....NO. That's not Tommy. He may have the same name, but THAT IS NOT TOMMY.

Mystic Mother - the whole storyline of Mystic Force with it's 100 year war VS. MMPR and it's storyline of Rita Repulsa. MMPR happened only 13 years earlier than Mystic Force. Prior to MMPR Rita was imprisoned for 10,000 years, thus making this 100 year storyline complete B.S.

Ninja Storm Powers destroyed forever only to return TWICE.

Bridge - Memory wipes for all in History & everyone but Tommy in Wormhole but NOT a single person in Once a Ranger

(Like Forever Red with Jason) in Once a Ranger with Adam - the Power Coins being able to be fixed by Sentinel Knight but the original creator of the coins- NINJOR could not.

I can go on and on with this list. Just ask...........

LePage
06/16/08, 05:46 PM
2. Saban kept his Rangers within the "same" continuity of his series. Disney started a "new" continuity with Ninja Storm. Then refused to re-open previous Saban continuity then they did and well we all know the rest.

Ninja Storm reference Triforia.

In A Ranger Catastophe, Zordon casually mentions in part two that trying to teleport a Ranger with improper coordinates could teleport them into the Morphing Grid, where they would be lost forever. You CAN in fact teleport into the Grid. So no, that wasn't a screw-up.

Dr. O - Umm....NO.
Explain.

Mystic Mother - the whole storyline of Mystic Force with it's 100 year war VS. MMPR and it's storyline of Rita happened only 13 years earlier. Prior to MMPR Rita was imprisoned for 10,000 years, thus making this 100 year storyline complete B.S.
Did-did you even watch Mystic Force? The Great Battle took place 19 to 20 years agao, where did you get 100?

Since when has losing your powers even stop someone from coming back for a team-up?

(Like Forever Red with Jason) in Once a Ranger with Adam - the Power Coins being able to be fixed by Sentinel Knight but the original creator of the coins- NINJOR could not.
Now that a nit-pick.

Please do.

Harlan Phoenix
06/17/08, 02:27 PM
1. Exactly my point.

Wild Force was still under Saban's production company, even if Disney bought it mid-way.

2. Saban kept his Rangers within the "same" continuity of his series. Disney started a "new" continuity with Ninja Storm. Then refused to re-open previous Saban continuity then they did and well they started to butcher the original series storylines.

Let's see.

--When the comment about PR being a comic book was uttered this began the Disney continuity.
Disney's way to start anew. Saban's era no more.

The Ninja Turtles thought they were a comic too.

--When Tommy returned in Dino Thunder as Dr.O old continuity re-opened. With the team-up Ninja Storm now connected to the Saban series because of Tommy.
This can be seen as the Ninja Storm team has no connections to Wild Force.

Your logic is stupid, much like yourself. This post actually SUGGESTS continuity links between Ninja Storm and Wild Force.

3. Thrax. 'Nuff said.

Not everyone shares your train of thought or opinion, so no, it's not " 'Nuff said."

or if you'd like to further the definition:

What guy above me said.

Dr. O - Umm....NO. That's not Tommy. He may have the same name, but THAT IS NOT TOMMY.

God forbid a teenager's personality changes when he becomes an adult.

Mystic Mother - the whole storyline of Mystic Force with it's 100 year war VS. MMPR and it's storyline of Rita Repulsa. MMPR happened only 13 years earlier than Mystic Force. Prior to MMPR Rita was imprisoned for 10,000 years, thus making this 100 year storyline complete B.S.

Read above guy.

Trapped in the Abyss of Evil, something they didn't assume could really be reaccessed because it's...well, a giant abyss full of evil.

Bridge - Memory wipes for all in History & everyone but Tommy in Wormhole but NOT a single person in Once a Ranger

SPD has to start somehow.

If I'm recalling, Adam didn't really think he would be absolutely necessary during AaC, so that's why his morpher wasn't fixed then. And new powers are usually better than old, so that explains the logic behind just asking Ninjor for new coins.

This just suggests that Sentinel actually is not nearly as efficient in morphing devices as Ninjor.

Your choice.

MattEmily
11/27/17, 11:01 PM
I was wondering what everyone's take on the morphing grid is? Does every team need to connect to it to be a Ranger? Is it possible to be a Ranger without using the grid?

Personallly, I like to think that every Ranger team is connected to the grid. I know some people like to think that certian teams weren't. But I just feel that it fits nicer since it makes something in common for every Ranger team.

I think the grid is some kind of mystical network that allows worriers with a Power Source ( IE The Zeo Crystal, Wild Zords, Dino Gems, Dinosuar spirits, Ninja Spirits, ect..) to be able to morph into Power Rangers. I think some villains can tap into the grid as well. And probably use the power to make monsters, like Lord Zedd.

I think its kind of a neat idea to think that anyone in the PRU can take a strong power source and create a Ranger team ( by connecting the source to the grid and using morphers).

I like to think of the Morphing Grid as an universal energy field that all Rangers and villains must connect to otherwise their magical energies will not work. I wouldn't think the Machine Empire would tap into the energy field or the Venjix Virus since they don't use magic.

Was it ever explicitly stated that Zordon created the Morphin Grid? If not, it makes perfect sense for everyone to be linked to it, since it seems to be the leading power source in the fight against evil.

And even if he did, Zordon obviously took the reigns when he made the MMPR, connecting the Zeo Crystal produced the PRZ, and some odd manipulation created the Turbo Rangers. He also seems to have had tendrils throughout the universe, since he was the one who hid the Mega-Vs for the Space Rangers, and somehow managed to make the Astro Megaship and the Nasada shuttle combinable, which makes me think he was the link to Earth and whatever other alien planets (such as wherever Andros and Zhane found their morphers) being able to access the Morphin Grid.

There's really no evidence to suggest the non-Zordon teams didn't use the Morphin Grid to power their Ranger suits, and Operation Overdrive clearly saying they did is a step in the direction of one big link to all of the powers. If Hartford's money could manage a way in, I put nothing past the mystical masters behind the mythic Power Ranger teams.

no it was never stated who made the Morphin' Grid.

True there's no evidence to support whether non-Zordon teams ended up using the grid except for the ones who mentioned it like Dino Thunder, Overdrive and Jungle Fury but there's also no evidence to support that the other teams that weren't mentioned didn't use the grid.

I agree

so what with a team wearing their Morphers on their wrists in public? that happens at times and civilians are oblivious to the fact.

Time Force wore their Morphers in public.
the 3 Wind Rangers wore their Morphers in public.

Also the continuity was NEVER closed by Disney and neither them or their writers have done anything to screw it up.

Tzachor Era
11/28/17, 08:08 AM
Its a shame that Tzachor doesn't give interviews since I would love to see what he thinks about the Morphing Grid.It has never been leaked even off the record, to my knowledge anyway.

PRangerX
11/28/17, 08:27 AM
The most we have learned about the grid has come from Jackie. Who basically confirmed the idea that the morphing grid is like the force.